Moparts

Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th

Posted By: Mark Romeo

Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 01/29/10 02:57 PM

Please click the link for all the details on the third annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout!

http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/BrotherhoodRacing/thirdannualpracticetreerace.html

Quick notes:
Date is February 20, lunch starts at 11:30am, racing at 12:30. Please email me if you are attending, and if you are bringing anyone with you. If you can't make the first race, we estimate the second race will start around 2:30, and you're more than welcome to come join us then. I believe last year the little race was worth over $200 to win, $100 to the runner up. The big race paid over $600 to the winner, and over $300 to the runner up. We're hoping to go even higher this year.

AJ, Mark, and I appreciate all those contributing to our menu. We truly feel the PRP family is the best!:
Rigatoni, courtesy of Amy Romeo
Cheesy potatoes, courtesy of Vanessa Noon
"Polish hamburgers", courtesy of Joe Fox Jr and Sr
Chili pasta, courtesy of Jeff Hann
Texas lasagna, courtesy of Linda Pollock
Buffalo chicken dip/reuben dip, courtesy of Carrie Penn
Cookies, courtesy of Beth Boyd

And thank you to our generous sponsors! They add so much to our day, allowing us to send more people home with winning something! Please email us if you'd like to join the sponsor list.

* Bob George Racing
* Bob Jones Race Trailers/www.jonesrv.com
* Dean Racing Engines, donating $100 cash for the bounty program.
* Jason Weaver, JW-Kustomz Signs and Graphix/www.jwkustomz.com, and Brian Weaver/ Weaver's Race Cars, donating $100 cash to the big race purse.
* Luke Bogacki, and www.thisisbracketracing.com, providing 2 full memberships and 2 trial memberships to the website.
* Millerstown Pic-A-Part, www.picapartyard.com, donating $100 worth of gift certificates of race fuel at PRP
* NAPA Auto Parts of South Greensburg
* Pittsburgh Raceway Park/www.pittsburghracewaypark.com
* Sarah Baehr, www.sbgraphix.com, donating gift certificates for vinyl lettering/number set for a race car
* John Cadamore- $100 cash towards big race purse
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 01/29/10 03:05 PM

Mark,have AJ contact us,it was a great time last year.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 01/29/10 09:41 PM

Glad to add Bowman performance to the sponsors list!!

Also, anyone interested in attending, or if you have any questions, either let me know here or e-mail Chuck Turocy at brotherhoodracing@yahoo.com

I know there are plenty of Western PA folks here on Moparts, so come on out!!!
Posted By: 340_Dart

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 01/29/10 09:46 PM

I'll have to see whats going on that day as it gets closer, but i might make the trip up. I saw pictures from last year, and it looked like fun. -Andy

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 01/31/10 02:23 PM

Come on out 340 we would love to have you.

Add another sponsor to the list, we welcome John Cadamore to the Third Annual Steel City Shootout sponsors list for throwing in $100 cash towards the "big race" purse. This thing could easily pay $1000 to win or more with the support of our awesome sponsors and participants!!!!
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/01/10 05:15 PM

John thank you so much for your donation to the race. This is shaping up to be the best race yet.

Look forward to meeting some new people and seeing old friends.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/01/10 10:34 PM

Quote:

John thank you so much for your donation to the race. This is shaping up to be the best race yet.

Look forward to meeting some new people and seeing old friends.

No problem AJ. Should be a good time.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 02/01/10 11:32 PM

Posted By: 340_Dart

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/02/10 01:20 AM

Looks like there will be some tough competitors there...

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/02/10 04:03 PM

There will be some tough competition but most importantly a lot of great people to share stories of races past.

Post deleted by Defbob - 02/02/10 04:35 PM

Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/02/10 04:52 PM

Can't read.. LOL... Might try to make it anyhow..

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/02/10 05:18 PM

would love to have you come down John. We do this race for all of you to come out and have a good time.
Posted By: whiskeyrunner

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/02/10 06:41 PM

ill be there for sure...eating all the cheesy potatoes lol

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/02/10 07:18 PM

Glad to have you there Matt. Matt was our winner of a free entry that we gave away at Gobblefest at PRP this past year. Matt ran dead on the index with a 0 to get the job done.

That will make double entry easy for you Matt.

The Cheesy potatoes are awesome.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/02/10 08:24 PM

Quote:

Glad to have you there Matt. Matt was our winner of a free entry that we gave away at Gobblefest at PRP this past year. Matt ran dead on the index with a 0 to get the job done.

That will make double entry easy for you Matt.

The Cheesy potatoes are awesome.

Matt winning at the Gobblefest Please explain"Gobblefest"

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/02/10 08:51 PM

Gobblefest was a Thanksgiving race put on at PRP. It was street driven vehicles only. There was a random dial drawn(between 17.00-29.00 in the quarter.) THe first race the dial (INDEX) was 18.2? so it was a bracket race form there. It was a lot of fun. Plus we had a traditional thanksgiving dinner, Turkey, Stuffing, and all the fixings.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/02/10 10:30 PM

Quote:

Gobblefest was a Thanksgiving race put on at PRP. It was street driven vehicles only. There was a random dial drawn(between 17.00-29.00 in the quarter.) THe first race the dial (INDEX) was 18.2? so it was a bracket race form there. It was a lot of fun. Plus we had a traditional thanksgiving dinner, Turkey, Stuffing, and all the fixings.

Thanks AJ,I was starting to think Matt may have done something bad on Gobblers Knob this groundhog day

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/02/10 10:44 PM

haha no worries Bob...ive been behaving lol. i think the index was 26.97...and with the help from my buddy and his stop watch...we got lucky and ran dead on! no doubt i'll be double entering!
Posted By: DusterDog

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/02/10 11:11 PM

Hey Matt,

Kick some tail there!!!

Ray & I will be going to Columbus that Saturday, sorry we won't be there to hang with you guys & gals!!!

See if your Dad has that newer style double pumper base plate for me, will ya'???

Dog

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/03/10 04:09 PM

ill check into that carb plate doug

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/04/10 01:44 PM

We have surpassed the 50 entry. we have received email or phone call from over 50 people stating they are going to make the race. With 50 entries that gives us a minimum of 500 to win.

Last year it was two MoParts boys fighting it out. Kyle Reesback and Notorious Nick Bowman. They split up around 1000 bucks between the two of them.

Get those thumbs warmed up everybody....

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/05/10 09:00 PM

Welcome to our newest sponsor Bowman Performance donating 2 $50 Advance Auto gift cards!!

We have surpassed 60 entrants already, and the event is a little over 2 weeks away!!!

We appreciate all of the support!!!

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/05/10 09:13 PM

Quote:

Welcome to our newest sponsor Bowman Performance donating 2 $50 Advance Auto gift cards!!

We have surpassed 60 entrants already, and the event is a little over 2 weeks away!!!

We appreciate all of the support!!!

We are also getting Bob George and the boys to take some time off in the shop to come out and enjoy the event...Here is a shot of Bob enjoying the good food.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/05/10 10:08 PM

Looks like Billy Hall is doing a good job stuffing his face!!!!

It looks as though Earl is in the background supervising!!!

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/06/10 03:32 AM

Quote:

Looks like Billy Hall is doing a good job stuffing his face!!!!

It looks as though Earl is in the background supervising!!!

Yeah Bill and Earl were both there last year as well. With Earl supervising who knows what trouble they could get into.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/06/10 03:28 PM

Steel City DR Promotions Is excited to welcome the Bottom Bulb Extravaganza on Board. We will be giving away one (1) paid weekend entry into the main event.

The format will be 16 'Thumb' Shootout.
$15 entry
Single Entry
No Buy Backs
The Race will be laddered after 1st round.
Steel City Practice Tree Rules Apply.

WIN - Bottom Bulb Extravaganza Weekend Entry + $100 Travel Money

RU - $75

SEMI - $30

Thank you to Jeff Stewart and Rick Baehr of Bottom Bulb Promotions.

Entries:
1. Randy Biddle Jr
2. Matt Obertanic
3. Matt Cadamore
4. Jason Weaver
5. Kevin Romeo
6. Mark Romeo
7. Jeff Hann
8. Jordan Haase
9. Scotty Campbell
10.Brian Cierddu
11.Markie Brewer
12.Ken Sheiff
13.Shelly Casini
14. - 16.

Bottom Bulb Extravaganza

If you are entering this race you must email us at steelcitydragrace@yahoo.com to save your spot.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/07/10 04:37 AM

Added an entry list for the shootout...Also notice there is travel money involved as well to help get to the race.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/07/10 01:25 PM

Aj...Travel money? Just have Bob send his jet for me!!

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/07/10 06:08 PM

Welcome Matt Cadamore to the shootout.

LOL...I am sure there is room for a jet out in Eighty Four...

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/07/10 06:33 PM

Posted By: tboomer

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/07/10 06:36 PM

Quote:

Have fun,Guys!!

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/08/10 02:36 AM

Thanks for making it a stickey. It will be a great time.
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/08/10 09:03 AM

I'll be coming out,probably bring a pile of buddies!!! Man this winter is really boring,need something to shake out the doldrums.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/08/10 04:44 PM

B1 please send an email to brotherhoodracing@yahoo.com so that we can get you in the food count. Thank you for your support.

Welcome to the shootout:
Jason Weaver, Mark and Kevin Romeo, Jeff Hann and Jordan Haase. Only a couple days in of taking entries and already half full. Be sure to email us at brotherhoodracing@yahoo.com to secure your spot.

Someone is going to be king of the thumbs and win an entry to the Bottom Bulb Extravaganza presented by Jeff Stewart and Rick Baehr with some travel money.

It could be you!

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/09/10 01:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Have fun,Guys!!

Runway snowed in,hanger collasped on jet.Nawh,the leanto on the hogpen collasped under the weight of the snow.All the precious little piggeys are ok,they were being kept warm at the "big House" by members of BGR.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/09/10 03:21 PM

Just an FYI folks, the e-mail address to let us know your coming or to get into the 16 "thumb" shootout has changed to steelcitydragrace@yahoo.com thanks for all of your interest!!!

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout - 02/09/10 06:49 PM

Updated Entry List, if your not on it and think you should be or wish to be, e-mail steelcitydragrace@yahoo.com

AJ Casini

Amy Romeo

AJ Casini

Amy Romeo

Art Armstrong

Barry Barnett

Beth Romeo

Bill Keller

Bill Truby

Bill Turk

Bob George Racing crew

Boyd Family

Boyd Family

Boyd Family

Boyd Family

Boyd Family

Boyd Family

Brian Cireddu

Brianna Casini

Chris Wallin

Christine Brewer

Chuck Turocy

Cory Kerr

Dean Pollock

Dylan Hann

Eric Macchiaroli/dude with the Arrow

Eric OH buddy

Eric's NY buddy

Frank Romeo

Greg Miller

Jason Weaver

Jeff Hann

Jen Whalen

Joe Fox Jr

Joe Fox Sr

Joey Pinskey

Jordan Haase

Justine Illar

Ken Shieff

Kevin Romeo

Kimmy Whalen-Murdock

Linda Pollock

Mark Romeo

Mark Vasbinder

Markie Brewer

Matt Cadamore

Matt Obertanec & Amanda

Matt Wyribal

Mike Balaska

Mike Egan

Noons ' all 3?

Rachel Kuskie

Randy Biddle

Rich Penn

Ricky Baehr

Robbie guest

Robbie guest

Robbie guest

Robbie guest

Robbie guest

Robbie Seszko

Ryan Hann

Scotty Campbell

Sean Mazurek

Shelly Casini

Steve Vasbinder

Thomas Vasbinder

Tim Whalen
Posted By: MrMopar95

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 02/10/10 11:01 PM

Love to be there to defend last years win! but most likely missing it to go to the Chrysler Classic Banquet in Columbus on that same day! i might show up with big EARL for Race #1 but we got to leave by 2 pm latest! i am so mad!

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 02/10/10 11:16 PM

Nick wish you could make out for the whole deal but making it out for one of the races will get you a fix and maybe some money in your pocket.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 02/11/10 06:42 PM

We would like to Welcome the Pittsburgh World of Wheels 50TH Anniversary to the sponsor list. They will be donating cash toward the big race purse.

The team at the World of Wheels show puts on a great program for all, whether you are a spectator or showing your car. I participated this past year and it was a great experience. The 50th anniversary show will be the best of its kind.

We welcome the Pittsburgh World of Wheels 50TH Anniversary show to the Steel City Practice Tree Race. Thank you for your support.

Please support those that support us.

All Around Transportation/Limo Services LLC 724-697-5466
Bob George Racing
Bob Jones Race Trailers www.jonesrv.com
Bottom Bulb Promotions www.bbextravaganza.com
Bowman Performance
Dean Racing Engines
JW-Kustomz Signs and Graphix www.jwkustomz.com
Weavers Race Cars
John Cadamore
This is Bracket Racing www.thisisbracketracing.com
Millerstown Pic-A-Part www.picapartyard.com
NAPA Auto Parts of South Greensburg
Pittsburgh Raceway Park www.pittsburghracewaypark.com
SB Graphics www.sbgraphix.com
Pittsburgh World of Wheels 50th Anniversary Show http://www.autorama.com

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 02/18/10 07:44 PM

Bob George Racing has donated a brand new, in the box, B&M Pro Ratchet shifter. AJ, Mark, and I have decided to raffle this shifter off, as well as changing the 50-50 raffle to a true 50-50. The proceeds from the 2 raffles will be split between the Nikki Deniker playground fund and a donation to the family of Drake Simmons.

Thank you all for your support.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 02/21/10 02:48 AM

The race is in the books. What an awesome turnout. Thank you everyone for your support of the event. We were able to raise $165 for the Nikki Deniker Playground Fund and $165 for the family of Drake Simmons.

We will post full results in a few hours.

Again thank you to all of our great sponsors, the great people that donated food and time and to great people that came out to support us.

Help those who help us:
All Around Transportation/Limo Services LLC 724-697-5466
Bob George Racing
Bob Jones Race Trailers www.jonesrv.com
Bottom Bulb Promotions www.bbextravaganza.com
Bowman Performance
Dean Racing Engines
JW-Kustomz Signs and Graphix www.jwkustomz.com
Weavers Race Cars
John Cadamore
This is Bracket Racing www.thisisbracketracing.com
Millerstown Pic-A-Part www.picapartyard.com
NAPA Auto Parts of South Greensburg
Pittsburgh Raceway Park www.pittsburghracewaypark.com
SB Graphics www.sbgraphix.com
Pittsburgh World of Wheels 50th Anniversary Show http://www.autorama.com
Posted By: sleepyhead416

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 02/23/10 05:30 PM

RESULTS PLEASE

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 02/23/10 06:49 PM

I'm so very proud to be part of the drag racing family in general, and the PRP family in particular. What an awesome group of folks who give of their time and money to bring in gifts, food, and their company to give us a great day in this oh so long winter. And I'm so proud that we could do some good, with the donations to the Nikki Deniker memorial playground fund, and the family of Drake Simmons.

In the little race, Randy Biddle Jr carried both of his entries into the semifinals, with one being a bye into the final. He faced Ricky Baehr in the semis, Ricky won that one, and repeated the feat in the final.

In the big race, thanks to sponsor donations, we were able to pay $1000 to win, $350 runner up, $140 to the semis, and $60 to the quarters. Brian Cireddu and Randy Biddle Jr continued the Ohio onslaught by making it into the semis, with Brian taking on Mike Balaska, and Randy taking on Scotty Campbell. Mike took out Brian, and Randy took out Scotty. Much like the entire day's racing, the final was tight. The winning hit in the best of 3 went to Mike, .007 to a .009. He also took home a $50 gift card from PRP for being the PRP racer going the furthest in the race, and a 3 month trial membership to www.thisisbracketracing.com - Congratulations to Mike, Rick, and Randy!

In the 16 racer entry for the Bottom Bulb Extravaganza weekend entry, once again, Randy Biddle was in the final, and took out Jason Weaver to get the entry and $100 cash. Jason picked up $75, and semifinalists Jordan Haase and Marie Brewer picked up $30.

The Dean Racing Engines Bounty was more of a jinx for the racer with a bounty. In the first race, round 1, Mike Balaska couldn't hold off Brian Cireddu, second round, Brian couldn't hold off Randy Biddle, third round, Jason Weaver couldn't hold off Joey Pinskey, fourth round, Dave Poorman couldn't hold off Rick Baehr, and fifth round, Rich Penn couldn't hold off.... Randy Biddle! Big race, Lenny Davis couldn't hold off Jeff Hann, Brian Cireddu fell to Matt Obertanec, Markie Brewer to Dave Poorman. Barry Barnett finally broke the string and defended his bounty.

Once I get the pics uploaded, I 'll post some up along with the photobucket link. Thanks again to everyone for making this a great day.
Posted By: sleepyhead416

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 02/23/10 07:06 PM

Ty Sounds like it was a Great Day.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 03/01/10 01:25 PM

AJ Casini

Matt Cadamore/whiskyrunner (far)

Curt George, Lenny Davis, Bob George:

Bob George crew:

Nick Bowman/MrMopar95 (far):

Eric with the Arrow (near):

Curt George (standing):

John Cadamore/pittsburghracer (near):

Barry Barnett (far):

Earl Hall (far):

Mark Romeo (near) against Don Martik:

the trophy:

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 03/01/10 01:45 PM

As always,a great time,great food,and great people to hang out with.Thanks everyone

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 03/01/10 03:22 PM

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 03/01/10 03:59 PM

Quote:

Thanks a lot AJ!!!!!

You caught my bad side.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 03/01/10 04:05 PM

You guys did a fantastic job organizing this race and everyone I talked to had a had a great time. Thanks go out to all involved. I look forward to it next year but lets have a nice LONG summer first.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 03/01/10 08:13 PM

Quote:

That's what two cute "Huggy Bears" look like

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 03/01/10 10:40 PM

get a room

Post deleted by Defbob - 03/01/10 11:41 PM

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 03/02/10 12:17 AM

Quote:

Looks like a couple Koala's wrestling over eucalyptus leaf....

Hey Eric I used to like you.

Old whiskyrunner has one coming too. He likes to sleep in till about 1:00 pm so I'm thinking a couple of snow balls ought to do it.

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 03/02/10 12:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Looks like a couple Koala's wrestling over eucalyptus leaf....

Hey Eric I used to like you.

Old whiskyrunner has one coming too. He likes to sleep in till about 1:00 pm so I'm thinking a couple of snow balls ought to do it.

Hey John, & Bob,

It was probably a good thing I wasn't there for that photo shoot, with me included, they would have needed a wide angle lens!!!!! (LOL!!!)

Dog

Re: Third Annual Steel City Practice Tree shootout Feb 20th - 03/02/10 01:38 PM

Quote:

You guys did a fantastic job organizing this race and everyone I talked to had a had a great time. Thanks go out to all involved. I look forward to it next year but lets have a nice LONG summer first.

Thank you very much John. Chuck, Mark and I appreciate comments like that. We will continue to have this race because the support is overwhelming. With guys like you and Bob helping us out its guaranteed to be a great show in 2011.
© 2024 Moparts Forums