Moparts

Need a new elec. radiator fan....................

Posted By: Thumperdart

Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 06:05 AM

I know there were some old posts about some chevy fan assembly that worked well and were a good price. Does anyone know the fan or how to visit old posts? Thankxx......my fan is a Griffen and measures 21"`s wide and 18"`s tall measured core to core(not tank to tank)and I have about 4 1/2"`s depth to work with.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 01/29/10 06:23 AM

Posted By: 605ply

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 06:26 AM

was an HHR fan- try these numbers,
rock auto.com p/n 15817306
or GM 3115200
Posted By: rebel

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 10:14 AM

as long as the fan can suck across the whole radiator it's not critical on what fan to use. my fans a cheap chinese knock off, with my homemade shroud it keeps my junk real cool.

Attached picture 5767317-Picture612.jpg
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 11:06 AM

HHR
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 12:49 PM

I went with the HHR as MANY have stated how good it was and was dirt cheap also... cost me I believe $80 delivered with the connector I did cut into the core support like many recomended and gained .75 in clearance....

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 12:54 PM

says only 1 remaining! better get it!

HHR Fan
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 01:53 PM

HHR here and got it from Rockauto.com for about $55 shipped.
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 04:27 PM

Here is a link with all the spec's on the fan. Link is in the second post from the top....yes, it is a ford site, but the info is good. I just got my HHR fan for Christmas this year, can't wait to put it on the car.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=
Posted By: vttm

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 04:55 PM

I would very much reccomend this fan I had 3 other fans on my car which is street driven and none of them did near the job of the hhr fan. If you have 4.5 inches of depth you will be fine. Best 60 bucks I have ever spent on a car.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 05:05 PM

HHR,,,got it from Eric,,,,
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan................ - 01/29/10 06:09 PM

I'm another HHR fan fan...

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 06:54 PM

Thankxx guys.........I`ll get one a.s.a.p. as my fan is 10 years old and is gettin real noisy. Anyone have the dimensions handy?

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 07:48 PM

My buddy has a turbo mustang and runs the taurus fan............anyone else try one of these?
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/29/10 07:55 PM

another link

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...part=1&vc=1
Posted By: gsmopar

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/30/10 04:32 PM

Quote:

My buddy has a turbo mustang and runs the taurus fan............anyone else try one of these?

I have the HHR fan now, but here is what I've tried and read on other boards.

Lincoln Fan = Most flow, largest
HHR = Smallest fan, medium flow
Taurs = Medium size, lowest flow

All flow more than most aftermarket set ups. I trimmed the back of the shroud on the HHR for a little more clearance.

Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/30/10 05:30 PM

Quote:

I've run the V6 Taurus fan for the last 6 years or so....great on the street (even in 110 degree heat), and flows tons of air on high. I've never heard that it flows less than the HRR...but I guess it's possible.

The fan is offset in the shroud too...which helps it clear the water pump pulley or elec WP motor. One draw back is it pulls quite a few amps (especially at startup)....I had to upgrade from my stock alt (only 36 amp) to run it.
Posted By: mopar65

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/30/10 05:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I've run the V6 Taurus fan for the last 6 years or so....great on the street (even in 110 degree heat), and flows tons of air on high. I've never heard that it flows less than the HRR...but I guess it's possible.

The fan is offset in the shroud too...which helps it clear the water pump pulley or elec WP motor. One draw back is it pulls quite a few amps (especially at startup)....I had to upgrade from my stock alt (only 36 amp) to run it.

what quicksilver440 said. I bench tested a hhr and the Taurus fan side by side and i thought the tarus flowed more air. also the taurus fan has 2 fan speeds low/high mine is set on high. i am useing a 27.5x19 summit aluminum rad on my 73 big block dart and have never had it over heat. i payed 120 for mine off ebay with a life time warranty. also i had to go with the taurus fan with the offset. because i could not get the hhr fan to fit right. but for 55 dollers the hhr fan is hard to beat. here is a pick of the taurus fan on my 73 dart. Mopar65

Attached picture 5769809-100_0479(Large).JPG
Posted By: Dartman928

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/30/10 05:45 PM

Do these fans flow as much air as the spal twin set-up
Posted By: mopar65

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/30/10 05:48 PM

here is another pic thanks Mopar65

Attached picture 5769821-100_0493(Large).JPG
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/30/10 06:36 PM

I wouldn't hesitate to run an HHR either....great price. Whichever one fits your car/radiator better is the one to buy.

I don't know about that spal....but the oem ones get the job done and are certainly cheaper.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 01/30/10 07:04 PM

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/30/10 09:12 PM

Thankxx guys..........For giggles I got a bone yard taurus fan for $25.00 and after 4 hours of fitting and cutting it`s junk as the fan blade rubs w/out the additional support of the shroud. I called the local chevy dealer and they want $129.00 for one w/out the plug so rock auto may be the answer.

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/30/10 10:23 PM

Quote:

Thankxx guys..........For giggles I got a bone yard taurus fan for $25.00 and after 4 hours of fitting and cutting it`s junk as the fan blade rubs w/out the additional support of the shroud. I called the local chevy dealer and they want $129.00 for one w/out the plug so rock auto may be the answer.

rock auto only listed 1 more in stock.....
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/31/10 12:34 AM

HHR fan here

thumper--try Ebay if rock auto is out

here -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07-08-...sQ5fAccessories

Re: Need a new elec. radiator fan.................... - 01/31/10 02:15 AM

Thankxx...........I am trying a Kragens fan just to see if it`s better than my old fan......paid $65.00 for a fan that lists for #120.00 since I have an account there. Time will tell and we have some big street races up here that I want to attend.
© 2024 Moparts Forums