Moparts

Auction Gone Bad

Posted By: B1KILLER

Auction Gone Bad - 01/24/10 11:47 PM

I got sick after seeing this

http://fwix.com/phoenix/share/c97f5a816f/raw_video_cars_damaged_at_russo-steele_auction
Posted By: PUNK

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/24/10 11:51 PM

OMG!!! That makes me sick also.
Posted By: 77DragracerR/T

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/24/10 11:52 PM

OH MAN!! That's a sick feeling just lookin' at that
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/24/10 11:52 PM

Posted By: HemiDart68

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/24/10 11:54 PM

looked like a 63 plymouth with the roof bashed in. not a pretty sight.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/25/10 12:02 AM

Thats a shame... all those gorgeous cars getting tore
up like that
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/25/10 12:07 AM

God that is terrible...wonder who takes the hit on the damage My guess is the vehicle owners....that is so sad

Rickster
Posted By: Dads426

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/25/10 12:24 AM

I was at that auction 2 years ago. They must have had some serious weather come through to tear that tent up. I'll check with my buddy in AZ. What a shame
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/25/10 12:37 AM

Imagine having just bought one of those vehicles and not having it insured yet! The seller would likely tell you to screw off otherwise his rates would go up - if not, his insurer certainly would. You likely couldn't sue the auction or tent company since it was for the most part "an act of God"!
Posted By: peabodyracing

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/25/10 12:44 AM

This brings back painful memories. In July 08 a tornado hit my place. I lost 138 feet of my 160' pole barn. The storm literally tore the length loose, lifted it in the air and spun it apart, taking the second story of the old barn with it.

While trying to collect myself and assess damage, a news helicoptor flies over and hovers there for a good 10 minutes filming. I was so damn mad; felt like my privacy was being violated. All I could think of was 'great, now every crook in the area will come out of the woodwork'.

All in all I was very lucky, but I still vividly recall the sick feeling in the stomach when I got the call at work telling me 'the pole barn is gone'.

Attached picture 5757772-wreckage.jpg
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/25/10 12:49 AM

Quote:

Imagine having just bought one of those vehicles and not having it insured yet! The seller would likely tell you to screw off otherwise his rates would go up - if not, his insurer certainly would. You likely couldn't sue the auction or tent company since it was for the most part "an act of God"!

you'd think the event would have some sort of insurance?
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/25/10 01:18 AM

That just plain sucks!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/25/10 02:23 AM

Day by day with lots of pictures.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post5751311

Posted By: StandOnIt

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/25/10 03:08 AM

Quote:

you'd think the event would have some sort of insurance?

Thats what I'm thinking. There would be no way in the world I would send a car to them if they had no coverage on the vehicle while its in their possession. Would anyone turn over a 60 or 70k investment or your "baby" with no type of coverage?
Posted By: Ian

Re: Auction Gone Bad - 01/25/10 03:18 AM

man that sucks ,will be a very big claim over here theres cases in some insurance excludes acts of god flood,earthquakes etc hope that not the same there
© 2024 Moparts Forums