Moparts

LOKAR Trans tube TROUBLE....

Posted By: BILLYJAY

LOKAR Trans tube TROUBLE.... - 01/20/10 11:33 PM

I bought one of those Lokar trans flewable tubes and am having trouble getting it all the way down seated into the trans housing... anyone have the same issue or an easy way to get it in.?????

Attached picture 5748679-DartNewStance5-3-09014.jpg
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: LOKAR Trans tube TROUBLE.... - 01/20/10 11:41 PM

Measure the depth of the hole to the pan gasket or pan rail then measure the end of the Lokar tube, you might have to trim some off the end of the tube.
Posted By: dOc !

Re: LOKAR Trans tube TROUBLE.... - 01/20/10 11:58 PM

What is the deal with these parts? .. They are now REQUIRED pieces ..on what type of cars?

And WHY are they now mandated?
Posted By: Phil Saran

Re: LOKAR Trans tube TROUBLE.... - 01/21/10 12:21 AM

They are mandated on any car running 10.90 or
faster. I assume to keep trans fluid from
blowing out the filler tube.
Posted By: dOc !

Re: LOKAR Trans tube TROUBLE.... - 01/21/10 12:34 AM

.......to keep ATF from blowing out the tube ..??

I have done more than my share of transmissions in-the-past .. and I have never heard of that happening.

B U T .. if it DID happen in this case ....wouldn't it blow-out the vent FIRST ?
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 01/21/10 01:53 AM

Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: LOKAR Trans tube TROUBLE.... - 01/21/10 01:56 AM

Quote:

why buy the entire tube and stick when all you need is the plug available from ATI for 10.00 ? remove plug check fluid with original dipstick replace plug

X2
Posted By: Max Weg

Re: LOKAR Trans tube TROUBLE.... - 01/21/10 02:00 AM

The Lokar tube is not on the NHRA approved list for Mopar. They have an approved one for Chev and Ford. So save your money and buy the ATI Plug.
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: LOKAR Trans tube TROUBLE.... - 01/21/10 04:05 AM

I have the flexible firewall mount tubes on both my race cars and went in just fine, now they are not legal so I drilled a small hole in the knob and ziptied them closed which I know is not legal but have got me bye so far till the new ones come in.
I emailed Lokar and the part numbers for the NHRA locking flexible firewall mounts are:

Brite 1211444
Blue 1211441

They have other colors but that is what I was interested in, Summit should have them soon I was told.

Keith
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: LOKAR Trans tube TROUBLE.... - 01/21/10 01:17 PM

NHRA needed some more kickback money so they decided to get some from the trans people, in return they get to sell the locking dip sticks to all us racers. I`m surprised they didn`t put a two year expiration date on them and make us replace them every two years like the belts.
© 2024 Moparts Forums