Moparts

Headed to San Antonio in the am...

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 05:47 AM

Guys just wanted to say i am a proud papa headed to San Antonio tomorrow for my oldest daughters graduation from basic training in the United States Air Force..Sorry for posting this here but this is where I tend to hang out, so hopefully the mods can see fit to leave it here.

To keep it racing related I plan on going out to San Antonio Raceway as well for the Midnight Madness race on Saturday. Also gonna stop by Noribilt and visint with my buddy and owner Mike. So if any of you local Moparts guys plan on hitting SAR Saturday let me know, or if anyone wants to grab some grub at Rudy's I/m there dude.
Posted By: mike s

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 05:56 AM

Congrats Al!Please thank her for her service.
Posted By: 440FISH

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 06:29 AM

congratulations for your daughter.

We need more family's like yours...

Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 07:43 AM

Pass on our congradulations and our thanks.

Have a safe trip
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 10:20 AM

Congratulations and a big thank you for her!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 11:43 AM

CONGTRATS,you must be very proud.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 11:44 AM

Quote:

CONGTRATS,you must be very proud.

congrats to both of you. have fun and enjoy yourself
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 11:55 AM

Congratulations Al, and tell your daughter thank you for her service. She has joined an elite group of people, those that defend our freedom and keep us safe from those that would take all that we have, including our future.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 11:58 AM

Congradulations Al! Let me see if I remember the terminology correctly...What is her AFSC? Where is her training school?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 12:46 PM

Congrats Al..... I salute her.... thanks
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 01:34 PM

Congratulations....

Rickster
Posted By: HemiDave

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 02:02 PM

Hey Al,

Let me know where/when...I might shoot on over.

Dave
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 02:54 PM

Quote:

Congratulations Al, and tell your daughter thank you for her service. She has joined an elite group of people, those that defend our freedom and keep us safe from those that would take all that we have, including our future.

Jim

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 03:21 PM

Will pass along on the kind words to her. She is continuing on the family business I suppose. She will be a third generation in the USAF and a fifth generation soldier in our family.

Sean dont know the exact AFSC but she will be leaving Monday the 25th for tech school at Keesler. She will be there for 16 weeks training to be an Air Traffic Controller. The career field has a very high wash out rate so we are hoping she keeps her nose to the grindstone. Their failure/washout rate is 85%
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 03:47 PM

Hope she stays safe!
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 10:32 PM

Quote:

Will pass along on the kind words to her. She is continuing on the family business I suppose. She will be a third generation in the USAF and a fifth generation soldier in our family.

Sean dont know the exact AFSC but she will be leaving Monday the 25th for tech school at Keesler. She will be there for 16 weeks training to be an Air Traffic Controller. The career field has a very high wash out rate so we are hoping she keeps her nose to the grindstone. Their failure/washout rate is 85%

She must take after her Mother...

Chris..
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/20/10 10:39 PM

Have fun Al! Thank you to you and your family for serving this great country!!
Posted By: W8n2DustU

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/21/10 12:58 AM

Congrats AL, I will be heading down there next friday to the chassis shop to drop off the Duster for a 25.5 chassis upgrade and the aluminum piping for the Procharger. Wish I could have went this weekend so we could shoot the bull at the track a little!
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/21/10 01:15 AM

Congrats old man LOL, wish her the best!!

Diego
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/21/10 01:19 AM

Tell her we sure do appreciate what ALL the men and women of the AMERICAN armed forces do day in and day out for us. God Bless them.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/21/10 01:42 AM

Congrats to both of ya and I thank her for keepin us safe.
Posted By: Runner

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/21/10 02:02 AM

Quote:

sounds like a really smart job field. my little brother is in the af, he works on electronics on f-15s and hes kinda in limbo right now waiting to see if his job field is going to go away. anyway congrats to her and good luck!!
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/21/10 02:06 AM

Congrates, thats great news
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/21/10 02:11 AM

congrats and salute to her.
Posted By: brktracr

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/21/10 02:20 AM

Congratulations Al, you must be proud. Thank her for serving our country!
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/25/10 04:12 PM

well...... how was the graduations ceremony? I bet you were a proud pappy with an ear to ear grin the whole time..

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/26/10 05:45 AM

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I had a great time in San Antonio. Could not be any prouder of my daughter for her hard work and graduation from Basic Training. She is a doing a great thing with her life and I am a very proud USAF Dad!!!
Posted By: Dago Red

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/26/10 09:01 AM

If it hasn't changed it's 27230. The fourth digit will change as she moves up the ladder.
Six years with USAF and twenty five with the FAA moving airplanes and these rules never failed me:
1-TRUST YOUR INNER VOICE
2-WASTE ANYTHING BUT TIME
3-DO IT NOW
4-KEEP PEDALLING
5-WHEN IN DOUBT-VERIFY

As long as she doesn't quit on herself, she'll be in the 15%. When she starts talking to you in a sort of cryptic shorthand that's when you'll know she's "got the flick"

My very best wishes to her.

Attached picture 5760521-IMG_1357.JPG
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/26/10 05:22 PM

Quote:

Could not be any prouder

So when does the "Air Force Dad" bumper sticker go on the Cuda??

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/27/10 03:10 AM

The Air Force Dad plate is on the car already
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/27/10 04:10 AM

Quote:

Gee, she'll be leaving us just when it's starting to get HOT!!!!!!!
Posted By: afxcoronet

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/29/10 12:43 AM

did you make it out to the track sat? we were there...

Re: Headed to San Antonio in the am... - 01/29/10 06:25 AM

No unfortunately we did not. Had to change our flight back so we left at 0600 San Antonio time. Did not get the new troop back to the dorm until 2000 and figured with the early flight better to just go back and catch some sleep. I will be coming back in June/July for a week. Always make it out with the rental car. One of these days I will have some timie to meet you. We spent most of Saturday in Cibolo at a friends house.
© 2024 Moparts Forums