Moparts

Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post))

Posted By: camastomcat

Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 01/17/10 02:00 AM

Who's making the trip to Mopars at the strip?
Posted By: PUNK

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 02:06 AM

We are going.

Attached picture 5740048-4945566-Biglaunchradialstyle_.jpg
Posted By: Forest

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 02:06 AM

I am w/ a car too.
Posted By: Moparteacher

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 02:12 AM

I live about 7 minutes away from "The Strip" so I guess I'll make the arduous journey.
Posted By: 67Charger

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 02:15 AM

March 26th is my wife's due date for our second little one. I might have a hard time getting permission...
Posted By: greendart408

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 02:21 AM

My uncle and I are planning on going if I can get my new motor done in time.

Attached picture 5740095-billychinook,hotrodnationals09025-Copy.JPG

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 03:39 AM

It's starting to look like it's gonna be a lean year. If you're not going, is it the Div.7 race in Arizona, the economy or what?
Posted By: 1976 Aspen

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 04:16 AM

I'll be fliying in from Minnesota with another moparts member. We'll just be spectating and it's our first MATS!!!
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 04:17 AM

since i am here already...i guess i will be there.
Posted By: Chucklehead

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 04:31 AM

Quote:

March 26th is my wife's due date for our second little one. I might have a hard time getting permission...

it is better to ask for forgiveness that permission.

J/K I would want to be with the wife when the child is born. You can see cars anytime, and every year from now on you can make the MATS as part of the birthday celebration.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 04:47 AM

I`m hopeing to be there car or not.
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 05:43 AM

I plan on attending, look foward to the warm weather allmost as much as MATS

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 02:52 PM

It's too good a deal to enter for $250 to win $5000, and who knows, this could be the last year the way the dealerships are doing. Come by the quick 16 pits and say hi.

Attached picture 5740850-100_0049(640x480).jpg
Posted By: v8punch

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 03:37 PM

I will, me and more guys from Brazil.
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 04:43 PM

We have been to everyone except missed last years...

So this year we do plan on going, even got a suite at the Sahara for less than $300 for the 3 nights.

Keith
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 04:50 PM

Not me, I will be in Tucson at the Division 7 race. Going to be the first one I have missed. Not real happy about the schedling snafu, wish they would have kept the original date, but got to have priorities I guess.
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 05:33 PM

I will be there, hopefully with a car? I feel this year more then in past years this event needs support! Not sure what is going on with Phil Painter but loosing his dealerships could not have been good. This event has to be succesful, it's the only one out west we have!! So I pled if you can make the MATS, do it, we cannot loose this event.

Diego

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 05:51 PM

I agree with everything you said Ted....But they did not look at the schedules real well to have scheduled this race on the same weekend as a Divisional race. However how many folks out there are chasing divisional points? I could see it hurting the Stock Eliminator guys and maybe some of us Super Pro(S/G, S/C and S/ST)and Q16 folks that chase TS or TD points but I dont think it will make a big impact to thier car count. Of course being one of those who is going to make an efort to chase Div points this year I wish they had stuck with tier originally scheduled weekend.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 06:53 PM

Quote:

I agree with everything you said Ted....But they did not look at the schedules real well to have scheduled this race on the same weekend as a Divisional race. However how many folks out there are chasing divisional points? I could see it hurting the Stock Eliminator guys and maybe some of us Super Pro(S/G, S/C and S/ST)and Q16 folks that chase TS or TD points but I dont think it will make a big impact to thier car count. Of course being one of those who is going to make an efort to chase Div points this year I wish they had stuck with tier originally scheduled weekend.

I understand the need to go after NHRA points, but with everything the NHRA has done to discourage the super ranks, and sportsman racing in general, it's not gonna be as full of a field. Plus the NHRA had to know what the schedule was, with their relationship at LVMS, and the two just didn't get together. Good luck down there, though.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 07:08 PM

Wish I could go..Last year that low qualifier door car bounty for S/Pro last year was nice to have. Paid for the hotel room for the weekend

To bad I could not buy a round at any of the races. Never seen so many .002 red lights my life in one wekend. Every single elimination pass of the weekend in all three races was a .002 red for me. But it did help my year as I vowed to not go red again, and since then have not. I probably should not have said that
Posted By: cirrusaero

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 07:08 PM

Yep I'm going, bringing a car this time.
Posted By: B1CUDA

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 11:21 PM

I'll be there with my heap.

Attached picture 5741993-Hot44.jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/17/10 11:52 PM

Gonna try to make it with this car, if it gets finished in time, but I said the same thing last year.

Attached picture 5742063-IM000985.JPG
Posted By: toddd

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/18/10 12:05 AM

I see they are running a STICK class this year!!!!.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/19/10 01:35 AM

No more?
Posted By: dvw

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/19/10 02:29 AM

I,m flying in to Phoenix. We'll make the trip across the desert in my buddys 64 Fury convertible. 440 Max Wedge clone with a 5 speed. We always have a blast. Looking forward to having a few beers with members from out west.
Doug
Posted By: Dans 68

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/19/10 02:52 AM

Quite a few from the dodgecharger.com site will be coming over. I'm driving down with a couple other Chargers, and more from over the State and Country, with out-of-town visitors from far away places (e.g. a friend from Belgium is flying in to drive down with me).

Dan
Posted By: Chucklehead

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/20/10 04:27 AM

Made the hotel reservations this past weekend.
Posted By: mikeysmopars

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/20/10 04:57 AM

I'm going, All iv'e got to get done is finish my cage,Mill my heads,put the engine back together, Send in my converter for some work, Change my front suspension & shocks. Other than that I'm ready!

Attached picture 5747259-Picture234.jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/20/10 12:14 PM

Quote:

I'm going, All iv'e got to get done is finish my cage,Mill my heads,put the engine back together, Send in my converter for some work, Change my front suspension & shocks. Other than that I'm ready!

Cool Dart! That paint looks kinda familiar!

Attached picture 5747550-100_0049(640x480).jpg
Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/21/10 01:50 AM

Quote:

Might as well load up and get to it there while waiting for the tech lane to thin out......
Posted By: 64physhy

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/21/10 02:12 AM

I'm going. Duster won't be ready, but hopefully I can find some good deals on some parts.
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/30/10 06:24 PM

I will be going again. I have not missed a year yet. This is a minny vacation for my wife and I.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/30/10 11:29 PM

Any more?
Posted By: DennisH

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/30/10 11:37 PM

Driving the Coronet in from San Jose. See you in the Fun Field. Already registered, staying at the Best Western Nellis cause I'm cheap and don't care about the Strip. Last year I was 10 feet from Fooooooooooose and the Cuda he wrecked.

Hoping for better Sunday weather and less construction delays. Beer in the trunk and Jeepmon usually whips up burgers. Still don't have the guts to run my car. I'll break it or miss third (TKO 5 speed) for sure. I'll just watch you.
Posted By: Lawn Monkey

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/31/10 12:09 AM

No going stuck on the fridged Eat Coast ,,,,,,,,

Amazing two racers with very similar paint , very nice

Quote:

Quote:

Cool Dart! That paint looks kinda familiar!

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload2/5747550-100_0049(640x480).jpg

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload2/5747259-Picture234.jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/31/10 01:39 AM

Quote:

Driving the Coronet in from San Jose. See you in the Fun Field. Already registered, staying at the Best Western Nellis cause I'm cheap and don't care about the Strip. Last year I was 10 feet from Fooooooooooose and the Cuda he wrecked.

Hoping for better Sunday weather and less construction delays. Beer in the trunk and Jeepmon usually whips up burgers. Still don't have the guts to run my car. I'll break it or miss third (TKO 5 speed) for sure. I'll just watch you.

I should have 2 cars there, the Horton dragster and the Yancer car. I'm going the 2 weeks before to sort out the bugs and race their bracket series. I love racing at the strip.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/31/10 01:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I should have 2 cars there, the Horton dragster and the Yancer car. I'm going the 2 weeks before to sort out the bugs and race their bracket series. I love racing at the strip.

Racing MAKES the Show. The best.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/31/10 02:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Racing MAKES the Show. The best.

and all this time I thought it was the burnouts at the Cannery
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/31/10 05:13 AM

Trying to get there. IF our new distributors are here, it'll be a better chance. Can'twait to finally get there and meet some racers and two of our Firecore distributors, Arizona Nick and Don Gould.
Posted By: newem

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/31/10 06:24 AM

Quote:

Who's making the trip to Mopars at the strip?

I'll have to make that trip in 2011.
Posted By: G_bob

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/31/10 06:47 AM

Mrs G-bob and I will be there again. Not sure yet what we'll bring.

IF the paint shop gets paint on her car next week as finally promised, I'll have about 4 weeks to completely put together her 64 fury vert. It is currently a shell, but front end, engine, trans, rearend, etc are all built and just waiting to go in.

This has been a project that went WAY too long (stupid body shop prison). Hopefully they come through and I can pull off the mad thrash to get it done.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/31/10 02:43 PM

Quote:

Trying to get there. IF our new distributors are here, it'll be a better chance. Can'twait to finally get there and meet some racers and two of our Firecore distributors, Arizona Nick and Don Gould.

I hop you have some wire sets available there. I'd like to try some on my dragster.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 01/31/10 04:25 PM

My wallet, HOLLYWOOD and I are trying to make it with a car, not sure which one?

Diego
Posted By: Phil Saran

Re: Mopars at the strip - 02/21/10 07:04 PM

This will be my first year with my car.

Correction....electrical problems, I will
be there, but car is staying home. Not
willing to bring a totally untried car.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Mopars at the strip - 02/21/10 08:03 PM

I was planning on bringing the Duster with the 518 motor in the car, I have the 464 C.I. 440 six pak motor in the car now. That was before having rotator cuff surgery done last week I'm hoping and planning on that or maybe bring the car the way it is and plan on winning Pro bracket race on Sunday, just like all the others years when I was planning the race five weeks to go, at least I'm futher along than GBOB Bob, I hope you make it

Re: Mopars at the strip - 02/21/10 08:06 PM

I am now considering running at the Mats instead of Tucson. Not sure I want to make the two all the way Tuscon from up here. Seattle, Medford and Boise all have Divisionals this year that are closer for me to two to and those are places i have not been before so might just skip Tucson and do Vegas instead. Still not decided, will see how this weekend in Phoenix goes.
Posted By: dragnduster

Re: Mopars at the strip - 02/22/10 04:00 AM

Quote:

I am now considering running at the Mats instead of Tucson. Not sure I want to make the two all the way Tuscon from up here. Seattle, Medford and Boise all have Divisionals this year that are closer for me to two to and those are places i have not been before so might just skip Tucson and do Vegas instead. Still not decided, will see how this weekend in Phoenix goes.

C'mon Al, you got to go to MATS. It wouldn't be the same without you there . I just committed and pre registered, got to support the event even though it may be a lean year of racing.

Attached picture 5822352-MATS2008-1006.jpg
Posted By: PolyDart

Re: Mopars at the strip - 02/22/10 02:58 PM

I was REALLY hoping to be out there with my car this year, but it's not going to happen. I do plan on attending as a spectator though.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 02/23/10 09:58 PM

It's getting closer!!!!

Re: Mopars at the strip - 02/27/10 11:55 PM

Got the registration in the mail today for MATS.
Posted By: 1964superstock

Re: Mopars at the strip - 02/28/10 05:04 PM

I will be there with my brothers. We have made it to every show except for 2004. I look forward to it every year, and always have a great time. Everyone should try to make it. It is worth the $$$ and time for sure. I love having a big mopar show only 5 hours away.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/03/10 05:09 AM

Well I just paid for my entry so looks like I made up my mind. I just cannot pull myself to drive all the way back to AZ after the Firebird Fiasco. Not that Tucson has anything to do with it but it was a long haul for nothing.

So looks like I will be seeing you all in Vegas..Cannot wait we always have a good time a this event. Maybe I can bring home some money again this year.
Posted By: bbrobert

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/04/10 11:12 AM

Hey Tom i will be racing a rental again and cleaning house.So i will see you in the tower to collect our winnings on Sun!It will be cool to see ya again.

Robert

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/04/10 01:01 PM

I hope so! I could use a good pay day again. It'll be good to see you all again. I'm going out this weekend to race the bracket dseal and work the bugs out of my new motor, so if nothing breaks, I'm ready. Come by the quick 16 pits.

Attached picture 5844456-100_0049(640x480).jpg
Posted By: Ron Silva

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/04/10 08:30 PM

I will be there racing the Valiant. But I am taking it to the Mopar race at SpeedWorld 2 weeks before to thrash on it. So I will have to cross my fingers and hope it does not break.

Of course if it does break then I will be racing the CAMARO at MATS

Attached picture 5845246-MATS.jpg
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/04/10 08:59 PM

Might be showing my ugly mug there. Still in the works, might have a job bringing one out. Maybe I can con my buddy to bring out the cuda for some fun in the sun and winnin some money! ..Would be nice to catch up with all my west coast friends...Phill

Attached picture 5845295-winatvegas.jpg
Posted By: 512 VALIANT

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/05/10 07:00 PM

Sorry I made another post on this - did not see this one. I'll be there hopefully w/ the car for its first time down a track. So I'll be the guy w/ the loud car going slow till I see what this car wants.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/09/10 09:06 PM

Was there last weekend testing. It's sounding like a good turnout, but hopefully the track warms up.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/09/10 10:11 PM

Phil, I hope to see you there!

diego
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/16/10 10:59 PM

How about a sticky!!

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/16/10 11:07 PM

The Valiant did not break in Phoenix, so I will be there with it. Is anyone going to save spaces again this year?? That was real convienent.

Ron.

Attached picture 5869479-MVC-007S.JPG
Posted By: Mopar_Rich

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 12:09 AM

Me and Al both in Q-16...
Cool!

Only Al will be burning rocket fuel and I'll be burning Lipton's Ice Tea.

Attached picture 5869631-WithHemi1.jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 12:34 AM

A Super Street car in Q16

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 01:27 AM

Me too, Me too! You're gonna have to get rid of that stop Al. How fast do you think it's gonna go flat out? Who's dragster is that short model? I guess Wheatcraft is bringing the predator motored dragster.

Attached picture 5869851-100_0048(640x448).jpg

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 02:02 AM

Quote:

Who's dragster is that short model?

Is a 185" Landshark.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 02:13 AM

I will be there racing a rental car in FWD class. I'll be pitting with the Slant 6 guys.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 02:22 AM

Is a 185" Landshark.

That's pretty cool. I'll look forward to seeing that thing run. It's got to be fast with that hemi.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 02:26 AM

Well we know how fast it is and will give it a try. Maybe if I get a burst of energy we will finally put the right gear in it. Then again
who expects a Super Street car to qualify for Q16 anyway

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 04:25 AM

Quote:

Is a 185" Landshark.
That's pretty cool. I'll look forward to seeing that thing run. It's got to be fast with that hemi.

The Hemi is a pump gas motor (10.8:1 CR), EFI with coils near the plugs (no distributor). I run 91 octane. I also run a 3.89 gear to keep the RPMs down. At the last race it went 7.65 @ 174 in pretty good air.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 04:30 AM

In the past one of my moparts sworn duties was to leave work wednesday night and pull up to Vegas to sit in line so we could get in and save spots.... That is one of the things I'll miss about MaTS is the "tailgate" party prior to the gates opening. Have fun and if I get the time I may venture up to say "HI"!!

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 01:11 PM

Speaking of, Who is getting there when? When will they let everyone in? Who wants to pit in the same area? Let me know? So far it looks like Hollywood and myself are in!!

Diego

OK here is the Pit list, those of us who get there early will try and save as many spots as we can. We will save them at the same place we have for the last few years by the restrooms!!

1. Diego
2. Viper guy with Valient
3. Jeepman
4. Big Al

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 01:49 PM

We'll roll into the track sometime Thursday morning and would love to pit again with you all..

Ted, I'll look for you when we pull in

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 02:30 PM

I'm up for pitting together. Do we have a pre elected designated pit getting guy yet We will be there Thursday as well. Will actually be rolling in LATE Wednesday night. You have my number.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 02:44 PM

The Hemi is a pump gas motor (10.8:1 CR), EFI with coils near the plugs (no distributor). I run 91 octane. I also run a 3.89 gear to keep the RPMs down. At the last race it went 7.65 @ 174 in pretty good air.

That's pretty impressive. How big is it?

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/17/10 04:55 PM

Quote:

Speaking of, Who is getting there when? When will they let everyone in? Who wants to pit in the same area? Let me know? So far it looks like Hollywood and myself are in!!

Diego

OK here is the Pit list, those of us who get there early will try and save as many spots as we can. We will save them at the same place we have for the last few years by the restrooms!!

1. Diego
3. Jeepman
4. Big Al
5. Ron Silva

I am going to be there in the afternoon Thursday. Thanks Guys.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/18/10 12:59 AM

Quote:

Diego

1. Diego
3. Jeepman
4. Big Al
5. Ron Silva
6. G-bob

We should be there before gate opening (if it's at noon) on Thursday.

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/18/10 05:22 AM

Save me a spot.....

Re: Mopars at the strip - 03/18/10 01:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Diego

1. Diego
3. Jeepman
4. Big Al
5. Ron Silva
6. G-bob
7. 9 sec Phil

We should be there before gate opening (if it's at noon) on Thursday.

Posted By: Hotchkis

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/18/10 07:54 PM

Hotchkis will be there. We're sponsoring a free autocross, so everyone is welcome to join us for that.

Mopar Enthusiast Magazine has offered a free subscription to anyone who makes an autocross run, so swap on some treaded tires and make a quick pass!

Elana's R&D Challenger will be running in the street class on the dragstrip and the yellow emax will be available for test drives on the autocross.

Shannon from Redline Gaugeworks plans to bring out the Valiant and he told me Ed from 440 Source is going to bring his Coronet.

Posted By: JcodeCharger

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last po - 03/18/10 11:02 PM

I will be there with my rusty ole runner. Hopefully we will finish the 440 swap on my neighbors car and bring it too!

Attached picture 5873650-DSC03378.jpg
Posted By: nitrojoe

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/20/10 03:55 PM

Hey this is Nitro Joe Jackson, race director for the MATS event, hope you all have a safe trip to the race this weekend, I'll always be around if you need something and i know some of you know i try like heck to help everyone out.
Here is a list of the drivers coming for the SS/AH Hemi Shootout
Jim Daniels (went 8.29 this past weekend at Belle Rose)
Dave Raybourn
Chuck Rayborn
John Raines
Skip Loeffler
West Coast Hemi’s (3 cars)
Gary Moore
Fred Henson
Steve Hebert
Gary Wolkowiz
Charlie Westcott Jr
Mike Booker
Jon Percy

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/20/10 07:02 PM

Joe...

are you going to webcast the video from the track?

they are doing it this weekend at the Super Shevy race......

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/22/10 02:09 PM

Vegas weather forecast for the next ten days.....

Mid-70's every day.

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/22/10 04:48 PM

I just came back from racing SCS and it was great weather all 3 days.

BUT, there was not much of a turnout. I would say about 1/2 of what is normal. In some ways that is better and some ways not.

Attached picture 5880533-PHR21.jpg
Posted By: AZ-Nick

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/22/10 05:11 PM

Quote:

Mid-70's every day.

70's are nice but what about the wind, it seems that this is always been a problem?
Posted By: nitrojoe

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/22/10 10:59 PM

the game plan is to have things going on www.1320go.com and the cam on, i did look over at SCS cam and hope they leave the mic where you can hear the cars real good.

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/23/10 12:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Mid-70's every day.

70's are nice but what about the wind, it seems that this is always been a problem?

5-10mph the next few days, but 10-day forecast didn't go into that detail.

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/23/10 02:09 PM

We're on the road... See you boys in a couple days

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/23/10 02:35 PM

WOW leaving early for some party time I see. We will be right behind you later.

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/23/10 03:10 PM

Have fun all, Wish I was there but will be on the road...Be safe and enjoy the show and weather ...Phill

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/23/10 04:42 PM

Y'all are not going to be able to pit in the usual place because they set up the AutoCross in that area (unless they move it).

I suggest going straight through the gate, straight as far as you can go, over by the race track and to the left. That way we will be by the bathrooms at the north end of grandstands and near the swap meet , Manufacturers midway/food etc.

Either way I will be out there Thursday afternoon, so save me a space please.

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/23/10 05:16 PM

WOW auto cross in that space? Seems kind of small! We do need to have a plan B. Which 2nd set of restrooms are you talking about? I didn't think you could get into the stands from that area?

Diego

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/23/10 07:18 PM

I am talking about pitting next to the track at the North end of the main grandstand. There are Bathrooms under the stands and you can walk right up and sit in the grandstands etc. It's close to everything (except the staging lanes).

We could pit immediately to the right of the entrance gate next to the autocross, but since the autocross is in the corner the bathroom there is closed. That will force a long walk to any of the full service bathrooms.

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/23/10 07:57 PM

the autocross area is still set up as this afternoon...

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/23/10 08:20 PM

Quote:

I am talking about pitting next to the track at the North end of the main grandstand. There are Bathrooms under the stands and you can walk right up and sit in the grandstands etc. It's close to everything (except the staging lanes).

We could pit immediately to the right of the entrance gate next to the autocross, but since the autocross is in the corner the bathroom there is closed. That will force a long walk to any of the full service bathrooms.

That area its where they usually pit the SS Hemi cars, if they're doing that again they won't let us in there.

I think straight in just past the grandstands as you suggested is a good idea. We'll be staying in the trailer, so near good restrooms is a major plus for us.

We're planning on getting away between 5 and 6 Thursday morning, so "should" put us there around 9am.
Posted By: fascat

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/23/10 08:37 PM

DO YOU HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF 1320 TO VIEW LIVE CAM ON THE SITE. I ATTENDED LAST YR. WITH PANCAKE &STEVEN HEBERT FROM LA. BUT I JUST GOT OFF CHEMO ON LAST THURS. TO WEAK TO MAKE TRIP BUT I WOULD LIKE TOO SEE. LATER fascat--SOUTH LA. STYLE

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/23/10 08:49 PM

Quote:

DO YOU HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF 1320 TO VIEW LIVE CAM ON THE SITE. I ATTENDED LAST YR. WITH PANCAKE &STEVEN HEBERT FROM LA. BUT I JUST GOT OFF CHEMO ON LAST THURS. TO WEAK TO MAKE TRIP BUT I WOULD LIKE TOO SEE. LATER fascat--SOUTH LA. STYLE

No, you can just go on the site and check tracks that are running now, and click on Las Vegas. It takes a minute to load, but it's pretty cool, and get better.

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/24/10 04:55 AM

OK, this is a bummer for parking in a group. Here is my cell # 619-977-0276, I have Al's and G-Bobs, I will get to Vegas around 9am as well. Who ever is first in pick a spot then the rest of us will follow, I guess. If anyone has a better plan, let it be known!!

Diego
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/24/10 02:41 PM

Enjoy Guys..

Not going to make it this year. If I can get some issues fixed by Thursday, we will race the Tucson Divisional.

Chris..
Posted By: Phil Saran

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/24/10 05:19 PM

Quote:

I am talking about pitting next to the track at the North end of the main grandstand. There are Bathrooms under the stands and you can walk right up and sit in the grandstands etc. It's close to everything (except the staging lanes)>

Ron, the area at the north end of the grand
stands is where Mfg row goes, the area north
of that is usually for RV parking and the swap
meet is just west of that area.

You will end up either north of the swap meet
or west/north of the swap meet.

There are clean permanent bathrooms at the
north end of the pits also.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/25/10 01:25 AM

Well that totally suchs! Even the area where Ron is talking about is still quite a hike to the under grandstand rest rooms. That and a LONG drive after you make a 1/4 pass. Hopefully they will have the top gate open for you guys so you can cruise back to your pit area that way. Probably work best if you have a "buddy" that can pick your time slip up for you. Good luck to all. I was hoping to show up saturday to say "hey!", but my daughter has a softball tourney this weekend with her jr. high team.

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/25/10 02:56 AM

Soundas like the area where me and several friends oit every year might be a little more crowded, we park back a good ways from the grandstand north, hope you guys don't mind a little noisy partying late, since we tend to that sometimes.

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/25/10 02:58 AM

allmost forgot, Jay did I see that you weren't coming, heck you'll probably win enough to pay for the trip
Posted By: moparmanjames

Re: Mopars @ the strip Mar 26-28 ((See Diego's last post)) - 03/25/10 08:56 PM

I'll try and sneak away from work in Phoenix on the weekend and run street class in my Crossfire, the Duster wont be ready for awhile.
© 2024 Moparts Forums