Moparts

carb spacer

Posted By: bonefish

carb spacer - 01/11/10 08:38 PM

how much does a carb spacer help?right now my carb is just mounted on the man.i tried a 2in. but my hood doesnt fit.if its really worth a try i think a 1in. will fit.
Posted By: topside

Re: carb spacer - 01/11/10 08:48 PM

Depends on the combo; my drag-motor SB picked up 8 HP & about the same ft/lbs with a 4-hole 2" spacer. Didn't pick up as much with a 2" open, and 1" either open or 4-hole had almost no gain.
Like so many things, you have to experiment.
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: carb spacer - 01/11/10 10:00 PM

.....experiment not only with different spacers, but it can also affect the carb setting. In other words, what may be "optimum" for the carb with no spacer may require jet and/or squirter & pump cam changes to optimize it to the spacer, or different spacer.

(i.e.: If your carb set-up is "correct" and you install an open spacer, you may have a bog and/or A/F ratio may be leaned out a bit due to the bigger plenum volume.)
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: carb spacer - 01/11/10 10:13 PM

Quote:

how much does a carb spacer help?right now my carb is just mounted on the man.i tried a 2in. but my hood doesnt fit.if its really worth a try i think a 1in. will fit.

Are you a foot brake or trans brake... a 4 hole will
usually help the low end response and the open will
usually help in high rpm.... IF you need the added
plenum volume
Posted By: bonefish

Re: carb spacer - 01/11/10 11:05 PM

im just foot braken now,i guess ill just have to try a 1in, and see how it does,Thanks
© 2024 Moparts Forums