Moparts

Generator Help ?

Posted By: jimmysarrow

Generator Help ? - 01/10/10 02:54 PM

I have a new 32 ft trailer and I want to put my generator in the side cabinet but I want the generator to slide out for maintanance.Do you know of anybody who makes this slide out or how did you make yours?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/10/10 03:03 PM

Look at the RV shops, they have a strong slide out
(might need to order it) OR go back to your trailer
company and ask them, all of the trailers offer a slide
out(I believe)

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/10/10 03:08 PM

I have found one place and they want $325.00 , just thought maybe racers have found some other places or come up with some good backyard engineering.

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/10/10 03:24 PM

Quote:

I have found one place and they want $325.00 , just thought maybe racers have found some other places or come up with some good backyard engineering.

I'm sure that you could go else where(home Depot and
others)...weigh the gen and make sure the slides can
handle the load
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/10/10 03:31 PM

to get the slides i went to Moore Industrial Hardware in cinncinati oh. they have a website

i got some pretty heavy # slides that lock in or out, so it can't slide on its own. i think they was about $100 or so for the pair,dont quote me on that.

then i made a metal tray and riveted it to the slides.welded some angle on the outside to anchore it to the trailer.
Posted By: Dartsport540

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/11/10 12:40 AM

I got mine from Haulmark. Around $100, 5 years ago. It is bolted to the trailer floor. I bolted a 3" channel to the slide rail, then bolted the generator to the top of the channel. I use a Mopar bumper jack, for extra support, while at the track. It runs from 6 to 10 hours a day, at the track.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/11/10 12:43 AM

I got a pair of slides from a surplus place and made mine.
Posted By: cl440

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/11/10 02:26 AM

Quote:

I got mine from Haulmark. Around $100, 5 years ago. It is bolted to the trailer floor. I bolted a 3" channel to the slide rail, then bolted the generator to the top of the channel. I use a Mopar bumper jack, for extra support, while at the track. It runs from 6 to 10 hours a day, at the track.

Looks like your exhaust shoots straight out at the poor guy parked next to you?

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/12/10 01:41 AM

That is what I had in mine, Did you lay the shelve slides flat on cabinet floor . Also , good use for the old Mopar jacks.

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/12/10 01:46 AM

Now days the NHRA says the generator exhaust must exit
above the trailer... I dont have a currant book to
look up the exact wording

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/12/10 01:57 AM

Quote:

Now days the NHRA says the generator exhaust must exit
above the trailer... I dont have a currant book to
look up the exact wording

they do but I think its got a lot to do with where your at I have been at 2 National Dragster events her in Fl last year and nothing was said about it I ran my gen just like the 1 in the pic all night

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/12/10 02:33 AM

they do but I think its got a lot to do with where your at I have been at 2 National Dragster events her in Fl last year and nothing was said about it I ran my gen just like the 1 in the pic all night

I know if someone bit&hes about the noise or exhaust
they will tell you to shut it down or put the pipe on it
Posted By: MegaDart

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/12/10 11:59 AM

I made mine also using #200 drawer slides. The first time I built it about 5 years ago I used 1x4 pt that I had laying around and a piece of old countertop from a remodel job. That lasted about 4 years then fell apart. I took the whole thing down to the weld shop and they fabbed a heavy duty metal pan and bolted it to the slides. Then they bolted some 3" aluminum angle to it and I screwed that to the floor. Works fantastic.
here is the new one

Attached picture 5729647-DSCN2551.JPG

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/12/10 12:41 PM

another

Attached picture 5729672-DSCN2552.JPG

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/12/10 01:25 PM

closed

Attached picture 5729722-dscn2549.JPG

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/12/10 06:18 PM

Quote:

closed

Those look just like the slides I used welded up a frame and weled it to the slides bolted the gen to the frame.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/13/10 12:46 AM

I have this brand . I used a piece of 3/4" plywood with holes half way through the same i.d. as the rubber feet o.d. on my 3000i Honda, then secured it with an expired seat belt. Works great.

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/13/10 11:21 PM

Megadart , that looks like a easy install , where did you buy the slides? Thanks everybody for the help and pictures.
Posted By: Sub95

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/14/10 05:31 AM

yep same thing i did but i used 4 drawer slides and made a inner frame to mount the drawer slide to and mounted the other half across the frame on the cheap gen.

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/14/10 10:49 PM

you can get them at homedepot.
Posted By: chryco

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/14/10 10:59 PM

Quote:

I made mine also using #200 drawer slides. The first time I built it about 5 years ago I used 1x4 pt that I had laying around and a piece of old countertop from a remodel job. That lasted about 4 years then fell apart. I took the whole thing down to the weld shop and they fabbed a heavy duty metal pan and bolted it to the slides. Then they bolted some 3" aluminum angle to it and I screwed that to the floor. Works fantastic.
here is the new one

Did you fab the door as well . My Haulmark doesn`t have one . Was wondering who you got the hardware from ?
Chryco

Attached picture 5735169-DSCN0504.jpg
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/15/10 12:13 AM

Quote:

to get the slides i went to Moore Industrial Hardware in cinncinati oh. they have a website

i got some pretty heavy # slides that lock in or out, so it can't slide on its own. i think they was about $100 or so for the pair,dont quote me on that.

then i made a metal tray and riveted it to the slides.welded some angle on the outside to anchore it to the trailer.

This is where to get the slides, because they are heavy duty and will have a better chance of standing up to the vibration of the road and while the genset is running.

I don't think you will find any slides at Home depot like these. My

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/16/10 08:13 AM

the ones home depot sell are ball bearing slides and i have not had one issue with them, even being sand blasted for the last 8 years at the beach.

Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/16/10 08:52 AM

Did you fab the door as well . My Haulmark doesn`t have one . Was wondering who you got the hardware from ?
Chryco

I found my generator door on ebay. It was less than a hundred bucks shipped with a buy it now price. Nice aluminum frame and fiberglass panel with a slide door/vent built right in. I can/t remember the nmae on it as it is out in the shop, but I can get the info tomorrow. Only thing it needs is the panel painted to match your trailer as they come in white. It is identical to the generator door on my brothers 2007 vintage trailer. Hope this helps, Beep

Did a little searching and found the info in my ebay account. The seller has an ebay store called Centralia Machine and the seller was 4ccenet. The listing was "24 x 36 polar white ventilated generator door with frame". In October they had 3 available. If you still need the manufacturer's name on the door, pm me and I'll get it for you. Beep
Posted By: chryco

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/16/10 02:10 PM

Quote:

Chryco

I found my generator door on ebay. It was less than a hundred bucks shipped with a buy it now price. Nice aluminum frame and fiberglass panel with a slide door/vent built right in. I can/t remember the nmae on it as it is out in the shop, but I can get the info tomorrow. Only thing it needs is the panel painted to match your trailer as they come in white. It is identical to the generator door on my brothers 2007 vintage trailer. Hope this helps, Beep

Did a little searching and found the info in my ebay account. The seller has an ebay store called Centralia Machine and the seller was 4ccenet. The listing was "24 x 36 polar white ventilated generator door with frame". In October they had 3 available. If you still need the manufacturer's name on the door, pm me and I'll get it for you. Beep

Thanks !

here it is .........

http://fiberoptictrailers.com/CM&FParts&AccessPage.htm
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Generator Help ? - 01/16/10 02:27 PM

Quote:

the ones home depot sell are ball bearing slides and i have not had one issue with them, even being sand blasted for the last 8 years at the beach.

© 2024 Moparts Forums