Moparts

looking for NHRA Top Fuel pics..

Posted By: KatFysh

looking for NHRA Top Fuel pics.. - 01/09/10 02:48 PM

I've been trying to find some cool pics of todays Top Fuel cars. I forget what they are called but when the dragsters are "cutting" through the humidified air with lots of water molecules, the rear top wing creates a little "turbulence" and you can see it off the tips. I forget what that is called. But I've been trying find some pics or {hopefully} posters of that happening. Do any of guys have an idea what I'm talking about??? Mike Dunn explained it during one of the races last summer. I believe it may have been Denver.. I've been looking ever since.
Posted By: Runner

Re: looking for NHRA Top Fuel pics.. - 01/09/10 04:01 PM

is it called a vapor trail? cant seem to find any fuel cars with them but i found plenty of planes
Posted By: jamesc

Re: looking for NHRA Top Fuel pics.. - 01/09/10 05:48 PM

contrails

Re: looking for NHRA Top Fuel pics.. - 01/09/10 05:52 PM

Quote:

contrails

ding ding ding winner. . Not sure what ya won but you ARE a winner.. Thank you. Anybody know of a place to get some good pics?
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: looking for NHRA Top Fuel pics.. - 01/09/10 06:51 PM

Been looking for about ten minutes and this is all I can find.

Thought this was pretty cool, although not what you were talking about.

Re: looking for NHRA Top Fuel pics.. - 01/09/10 10:46 PM

Actually, I saw that one too. But thank you for the search. I would love find one that is a straight {or near} on shot and make it into a poster for the garage.. Look at all that header vapor, or should I say raw fuel.. That is a cool shot.. thanks again..
Posted By: Speedzone

Re: looking for NHRA Top Fuel pics.. - 01/10/10 04:57 AM

That is not raw fuel, that is heat from the exhaust
Dean

Re: looking for NHRA Top Fuel pics.. - 01/10/10 02:26 PM

Thats waht I meant by header vapor. Wasn't positive how to word it though. The raw fuel statement was a joke..
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: looking for NHRA Top Fuel pics.. - 01/10/10 03:22 PM

© 2024 Moparts Forums