Moparts

Moparts Chat

Posted By: joshking440

Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:16 AM

I have an idea, there are a good number of guys on here that would really be entertained by our own chat room. maybe a little looser rules than the board, and open mopar chatting. you could set up a few rooms for the non racers and truck guys, but we could have some "productive" conversations if we had a little chat room........ what do you guys think?
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:19 AM

Chat rooms are for gay guys,girls,or 40 year old men hitting on 10 year olds.No Thanks
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:27 AM

I think that is a great idea.
I have been on some other boards and there chat rooms always busy.

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:32 AM

OK,but when I see you guys on MSNBC for trying to tell a Newbe about pinion angle.I will say told you so.

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:32 AM

Quote:

Chat rooms are for gay guys,girls,or 40 year old men hitting on 10 year olds.No Thanks
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahhhaha..... i know what your saying, but i would hope that none of our members fit into those categories....unless there is something your not telling us..
Posted By: racerAL

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:33 AM

Quote:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...you have obviously never been on YB's chat room..i think a moparts chat would be a great idea..

Attached picture 5722154-16-102.JPG
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:36 AM

their used to be one here years ago..Was kind of nice I thought. But name calling and people bashing and some might even say slanderous statements were traded amoungst a few and Moparts pulled the plug. This goes way back to the days when the Big Kahuna was here, who has since moved on to create his own site.

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahhhaha..... i know what your saying, but i would hope that none of our members fit into those categories....unless there is something your not telling us..

YOU GOT ME!!!!!!
I'am 10 years old.LOL
I'am just picking on you guys.I've never been to a chat room.What is it about?

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:39 AM

i think a little moderating would solve those issues....look what happens when we post anything here that even smells bad it gets yanked so im sure some "Chat Police" would help with that

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GOT ME!!!!!!
I'am 10 years old.LOL
'am just picking on you guys.I've never been to a chat room.What is it about?

hahaha, its just a live message board, we are all in there talking live basically....shooting the shoot, think of it as mass text messaging without needing phone numbers
I
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:42 AM

I wouldnt get anything done....But it sounds good to me...Phill

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:44 AM

so who do we need to ask to make this happen?

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:46 AM

Damn,sounds like a lot of work.I'am old school,I still talk on the phone.
Posted By: TS3303

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 04:48 AM

sure, 18+, moderated by the members, no personal threats, no personal attacks (good natured ribbing acceptable). Someone gets out of line just copy the chat log and PM it to a mod.

may even want to use real names to remove the attacks based on accountability.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 05:00 AM

Quote:

sure, 18+, moderated by the members, no personal threats, no personal attacks (good natured ribbing acceptable). Someone gets out of line just copy the chat log and PM it to a mod.

And from what I remember this was the beginning of the end last time around...Dont get me wrong I for one would enjoy it. Used to spend time occasionally in the room we had back in the day after the wife and kids went to bed. Good luck with it and you would need to approach Tom about getting it done. After all he owns the site. We did have a couple of chat rooms that carried on the tradition but somewhere along the line they slowly died off.
Posted By: RonP

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 05:03 AM

Quote:

Damn,sounds like a lot of work.I'am old school,I still talk on the phone.

Good, because I am going to call you later this afternoon

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 05:05 AM

Are we chating now?LOL
Ron that sounds good.Need to get off here and in the bed.
Posted By: RonP

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 05:07 AM

Yes we are chatting
gotcha, call ya this afternoon and catch up with ya

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 05:11 AM

Quote:

Yes we are chatting
gotcha, call ya this afternoon and catch up with ya

This sucks,my girlfriend fell asleep,and I can't spell to save my life.My first chat and I'am going to look like a dumb a$$.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 06:31 AM

Isn't the general form the same thing? Any subject as long as it's clean.

Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 08:20 AM

Hey Ron What are you going to call Lenny? I have some ideas for you if you need some.
todd
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 08:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

And from what I remember this was the beginning of the end last time around...Dont get me wrong I for one would enjoy it. Used to spend time occasionally in the room we had back in the day after the wife and kids went to bed. Good luck with it and you would need to approach Tom about getting it done. After all he owns the site. We did have a couple of chat rooms that carried on the tradition but somewhere along the line they slowly died off.

I mentioned having a chat room (and posted a link to another chat room, non-Moparts) and the topic was locked rather quickly. It's a shame, really, as chat rooms are a great way to converse with fellow Moparts members.

You could always do an MSN chat via Messenger. We used to use that when our normal chat room was having issues.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 09:15 AM

Quote:

Problem is there's no way to moderate it. By the time someone was to go and edit something, that statement is so far buried there's no point.

The way I see it, you have three choices:

1) Don't implement the chat idea.
2) Implement it, and tell members to keep it clean, however having a mod sit on it 24/7 is the only way to make that a reality.
3) Have the chat as anything goes/unregulated. A good place for people to mash the restricted content and do their bashing and name calling.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 11:19 AM

Quote:

It is, to an extent. Almost any subject...no politics, sex, religion, guns, or racial BS. It's also moderated, whereas a chat room would be unlikely to be moderated. I can't speak for Moparts, but my is that I'd be surprised if Moparts would ever have an unmoderated chat room, and I'd be even more surprised if any of us would have the time to moderate a chat room. I have NO desire to do so, that's for certain.

Plus, there are so many guys who make comments that "I only post in the race forum, that's why my for sale ad/craigslist find/questions about bunions/BBQ sauce recepie/how to post pictures thread was posted there, and you mods are a bunch of jerks for moving it and expecting me to find one of the other forums here" that I can't imagine those same folks would find a chat room.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 12:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...you have obviously never been on YB's chat room..i think a moparts chat would be a great idea..

i was in YB's chat room last night. it can be very entertaining at times.....
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 12:04 PM

Here is the problems with all the ballbabies and getting offended! Its a simple solution.......... IF YOU DONT LIKE THE THREAD TOPIC DONT CLICK ON IT!............

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 02:40 PM

Tom, can we papapapapapapaplease have a chat room.......if you say no, I could develop a stustustustutering problem....

We will be good, wont we boys
Posted By: mr_belvedere

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 02:55 PM

A few years ago a bunch of us moparts members would meet up in an off-site chat room. Discussions and pic posting got pretty wild at times (NOT family friendly) to the point even posting 'hey, theres a few of us here' along with a link on the general board would get the post/thread wacked.
I cant speak for Tom, but anything unmoderated that has the potential to be non-family friendly most like isnt going to happen.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 03:01 PM

just meet over at the bullet chat. how easy is that5?
Posted By: moparts

Re: Moparts Chat - 01/09/10 03:08 PM

Chat rooms have been tried before,

There really is NO way to moderate a chat room

Things that got said and done in the nightly chat then got dragged onto the board and it was causing problems

At that time chat was removed ,

The general board is a slower chat room, where it is moderated, members are who they say they are and member can all join in.
© 2024 Moparts Forums