Moparts

Hobby Racers how often do you race?

Posted By: The Shocker

Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 02:18 AM

How often do you guys that just race for fun race during the season ? Do you go every week ,once a month ,less? Im just trying to get an idea of what everyone else is able to do.I myself didnt go but about once every few months last year.I work alot and my free time doesnt go as far as i'd like ,plus the "local" track is an hour away.Im gunna try and go more this season...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 02:23 AM

i'm out racing at least 3x's a month sometimes every weekend,racing with 2 nss associations.

Attached picture 5709613-NENDRAatIsland10.25.09031.JPG
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 02:25 AM

At least 2-3 x a month,,,,more when we hit some of the bigger events,,,eg Norwalk, Nats,,etc,would be cool to have a local NSS club,,,i would make that every week....
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 02:28 AM

before my local track closed id go every single friday night....
and do brakets in between a NMCA event.

but now i only run the car at sgmp mopars memorial day..
chryslers at carlise/

and bowling green ky..

hoping for more disposable income this yr..
cheapst.
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 02:42 AM

Used to be 5+ times a month
Worked at the track for a while, almost no racing.
Then about three times a year.
Back up to once a month now.
Hopefully more often next year.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 02:46 AM

My 63 is a street/strip type car that when I do race I usually drive to the track 45 miles away. I raced it 5 times this year which is the most I have raced in years. I usually only go about once every 2 or 3 months. But I may have a better budget this year being single. I also did not build it to race every weekend as it still has alot of stock parts in the eng and drivetrain. I drive it alot more then I race it. Ron
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 03:51 AM

I didnt race at all this past season due to building
a new shop but the years prior I would get out 2
weekends and maybe a single Saturday per month...
thats about what I plan for next season.... I prefer
the races that are at least 2 days
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 04:11 AM

I used to race alot and sometimes win some green backs. The last few years I only get out 4 or 5 times a year. My son's sports come first so that's what we concentrate on, they're only kids for awhile. 'If' I was smart I'd trade this car for a mild streeter with a back seat and no cage but I just can't seem to enjoy anything that's mild. Lol
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 04:44 AM

I go out every chance I get. Every weeeknd full program at the local track plus each race of the Chrysler Classics.
Posted By: StripeHOG

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 05:09 AM

04-06 I raced every weekend, 07 2 times a weekend, 08-09 a total of 9 times hopefully more this year...Need to get my confidence back
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 08:53 AM

1-2 times a week. Gotta race as much as you can while you can. Season is short up here in Washington.
Posted By: fig426

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 09:16 AM

2 weekend days and 2 weekdays per month from May to October..... Weather permitting.
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? *DELETED* - 01/04/10 11:24 AM

Post deleted by MoparforLife
Posted By: chryco

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 11:41 AM

3-4 two day meets is all I`m looking for . Our season`s short 4-5 month`s and with my Kid`s , the house , the cottage , the job . It`s about all I can do ........and stay married and employed!
Chryco

Attached picture 5710156-IMG_3623.jpg
Posted By: Valiant_Showoff

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 12:08 PM

Quote:

I used to race alot and sometimes win some green backs. The last few years I only get out 4 or 5 times a year. My son's sports come first so that's what we concentrate on, they're only kids for awhile. 'If' I was smart I'd trade this car for a mild streeter with a back seat and no cage but I just can't seem to enjoy anything that's mild. Lol

That's my story too except for the "roll cage and kids" comment which is the exact reason I still run in the high 11's. I'd love to build a new stroker and run 10's in street trim, but I won't consider that until the kids are grown. My Valiant gets the most use each summer running back and forth to baseball practice. Luckily my boys like Dad's hotrod as a baseball shuttle.

Before the kids, the wife and I raced 2 or 3 times a week all summer long. With Little League ending in late June and football starting in September, my real racing season consists of July & August with the highlight the Mopar Nats. Otherwise it's a test & tune every once in a while.

Attached picture 5710169-joeatnationals2006.JPG
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 01:34 PM

Only about 2 times a month...it really depends on the $$$ available and time.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 01:41 PM

I am hoping to get out once a mouth this season. I'd love to go more but w/ 2 small kids it's tough to get out of the house.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 01:48 PM

Pretty much every Saturday from April to September( Points Days) then some Sundays for Test & Ruins , Nostaglia Races, Truck races etc. My track has Wednesday Night BBQs/ Time trials in the summer I go to some of them also.

Attached File
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 01:56 PM

A couple years ago I was bracket racing every Friday night. Last year I only got out a few times. I'm hoping to get out a lot more again this year, my reaction times are starting to slip.
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 02:04 PM

I try for once a month, but being laid off I only got 3 or 4 times. I hope to find more work and get out a little more this year. Heck the motor only has bout 25 passes on it.
Posted By: Hunted Duck

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 02:20 PM

I try and go every weekend. My oldest plays baseball and we bought him a Jr Dragster this year. So between me racing, my son starting to race and baseball I should be plenty busy. My wife really enjoys racing, so I don't have a problem with working on the cars inbetween games and practices.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/04/10 02:49 PM

im lucky to make it 3 times a year.
Posted By: 80arrow

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/05/10 12:07 AM

last year it was 8 times. Thats about normal for me, only go to one track about 100 miles away. Hopefully more this year.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/05/10 12:09 AM

I would be out there every weekend if I could find a big buck sponsor where are you.

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/05/10 12:44 AM

Quote:

I would be out there every weekend if I could find a big buck sponsor

Me too!! I'll even take a little buck sponsor.
Posted By: WhiteB1Duster

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/05/10 12:55 AM

i go racing two maybe 3x a month.
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/05/10 03:49 AM

maybe once or twice a month....Id go more often but i have to take sat/sunday off of F#@$#! work .
So it costs me a LOT to race.

I offset that by eating really cheap and not leaving the house (that always costs $$)
Posted By: 2qik4u

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/05/10 09:13 PM

It's been 2-3 events a year for me. Family and kids (ages 5, 11, & 12) activities take priority over racing.
Posted By: 73swinger

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/05/10 11:44 PM

I made about 14 events last year. a little more than twice a month in season. I hope to do about the same again this year.
I'll run the trophy bracket series again, and hope for better season points standing.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/05/10 11:56 PM

Quote:

How often do you guys that just race for fun race during the season ?

I just looked at my logbook for 2009. 26 days of racing, 144 passes, Mar 21 to Nov 21.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/06/10 05:09 AM

Last year I got out (4) times. Kids sports owns my life right now. Between Fastpitch and Volleyball tourneys, I have to schedule out my race days months in advance. Kids are my #1 priority, though. Cars will be here for the rest of my life. Kids won't.

With that said, I'll have a new motor in the Satellite this year, and I'm sure I'll try to get out more!
Posted By: The Shocker

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/06/10 10:03 PM

Not as many people racing here as i thought.Looks like theres about 31 of us ...

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/06/10 10:58 PM

the rest of them race their keyboards
Posted By: greenmcode

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/06/10 11:24 PM

I take my car one to two times a month..

[image][/image]
Posted By: DragDart360

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/07/10 01:50 AM

After 2+ years of time available work we made it to the track on Sept 30. Got in 16 runs including 5 round wins before seasons end. I will try to run weekly but my work schedule will definately interfere. If I make it 3 times a month I'll be happy. I need to finish paint before new season starts.

Posted By: 1969gtx

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/07/10 01:56 AM

in 09 1 or 2 times a mouth maybe more in 2010
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/07/10 01:59 AM

When I was up in NY, I would go @ least twice a month. I would try to Mopar shows, now that Im in Fl, I hope to start to go once a week. once car is done in March. $$$ Grudge racing here I come.

Attached picture 5716896-IndaYardBX.jpg
Posted By: W2DODGE

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/07/10 06:51 PM

I used to run 1 to 3 nights a week feb-nov now I am on a 3 year dry spell hate to spend the money due to retirment local track was closed now we got Osama in office so I been spending that extra cash on toys and ammo they may ban in the next few years
Posted By: RickRoss

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/08/10 01:29 AM

Every chance I get

Attached picture 5719308-milan2009.jpg
Posted By: Joel71

Re: Hobby Racers how often do you race? - 01/08/10 07:36 PM

I can't aford to go too much. Only went 4 times last year. I have been at least once a year every year since 1990 and the most I have been is 15 times. There are only two tracks close to me and since I wouldn't drive across the street to go to Virginia Motorsports Park that only leaves one. I hate racing when the temp is high so I usually only go in the spring and fall. I'd rather race in 30 degree weather than 90.
© 2024 Moparts Forums