Moparts

BB Race engine weight.....

Posted By: Al_Alguire

BB Race engine weight..... - 01/03/10 02:52 AM

Just curious if you guys have ever weighed your BB race motors..Just curious what you have seen for weights. I will refrain from posting mine til after I see some of the others out there. Mine is a KB aluminum low deck block with B1 heads. I did weight my old World Hemi block and it was 308 especially after weighing the current engine.
Posted By: Dads426

Re: BB Race engine weight..... - 01/03/10 03:08 AM

My college buddy was a SB guy and referred to the RB motors as "Road Blocks" because they are so fricken heavy (and that was before aftermarket blocks). Don't have a scale capable of weighing one. Will be interested in the reponses.
Posted By: jamesc

Re: BB Race engine weight..... - 01/03/10 04:02 AM

Quote:

I will refrain from posting mine til after I see some of the others out there.

what was on it when you weighed it Al (intake, carb, oiling system, cam drive, steel/aluminum rods, etc.)? i'm curious as i'm building a similar setup but a raised deck. the b1 heads are no lightweight for aluminum heads there's a lot of material there

Re: BB Race engine weight..... - 01/03/10 04:10 AM

Complete....As it goes in the car. I only know because we have it out know while doing some painting. Just put it on the scales...
Posted By: camastomcat

Re: BB Race engine weight..... - 01/03/10 05:21 AM

Everything less carb, world Aluminum block, B1 heads, oiling system, air pump, w/pump, dist, ect. in the plastic crate 45# for the crate, no oil, water, 685#'s
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: BB Race engine weight..... - 01/03/10 02:23 PM

I never have weighed the whole package, but the crank is 70 lbs, the machined 4.500 mega block came in at 250 lbs, and the injection is light. Terminator is about 1/4 the weight of a dominator. Rods, 910 grams.
Posted By: MegaDart

Re: BB Race engine weight..... - 01/03/10 02:49 PM

Quote:

and the injection is light. Terminator is about 1/4 the weight of a dominator. Rods, 910 grams.

not when you add in all the other parts needed to perform the same task. Ie, dist. block, lines and nozzles, leanout valves, etc.

Don't really know what my alum. head bbc's weight but on oak pallet with plywood sides and top, engine cradle carb to pan with trigger, vac pump, etc. topped 800# shipping weight.

Attached picture 5707807-dscn1665.JPG
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: BB Race engine weight..... - 01/04/10 12:40 AM

Guess I should've weighed mine while it still had the Indy 440-1' on it. Sounds like the B1s are gonna slow the car down from all the extra weight!

Oh that's right, my UPS scale might not handle this boat anchor anyway.

Re: BB Race engine weight..... - 01/06/10 04:56 AM

Sorry guys I forgot about this one. I came in just a tick over 500lbs, everything but water.
© 2024 Moparts Forums