Moparts

Solid Lifters

Posted By: JohnnyBeGood

Solid Lifters - 12/30/09 01:49 AM

What would be the best way to go? I am thinking on trying the ole MP .528 or .557 solid cam for my 440 but I need to choose between the shubeck lifters or the edm style lifters! What would you run? This is for the street/strip. Thanxs
Posted By: 5spdcuda

Re: Solid Lifters - 12/30/09 02:02 AM

If I had to use a flat tappet, I would use the EDM's. It's basically the old well proven design with a slight, but probably useful modification. I've no experience with the Shubeck's, but there are reports of the ceramic face failing and making a major mess. The pressurized oil from the EDM's can only do good things IMO.
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Solid Lifters - 12/30/09 06:19 AM

shubeck lifters with a MP cam is a waste of money imho...run the .557 with some EDM's if you want.
Posted By: R70RUNNER

Re: Solid Lifters - 12/30/09 06:28 AM

What's wrong with the included solids? I have a set of Johnsons that came with the Racer Brown I'm going to run. I've run flat hyd. lifters with no issues. Take the time to set the lifters up, mark them, and verify they're all rotating in the bores.
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: Solid Lifters - 12/30/09 06:33 AM

Quote:

What's wrong with the included solids? I have a set of Johnsons that came with the Racer Brown I'm going to run. I've run flat hyd. lifters with no issues. Take the time to set the lifters up, mark them, and verify they're all rotating in the bores.

True enough...they will work doing as you suggest and running the right oil.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Solid Lifters - 12/30/09 05:40 PM

My 440 Comp cam and Comp solids.Been in for 9 years and no problems.I run either KendallGT1 or now full synthetic Valvoline.Street and strip.Cam still looks like new.My shop did blueprint the block and lower end.Rocky
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Solid Lifters - 12/30/09 06:14 PM

I'll be running an Engle flat-solid this year. After talking it over with the guys at Engle, I'm just going with the solids they sent me and a good zinc fortified oil.

If everything is operating correctly, A solid cam motor should be just fine. If something is wrong in your valvetrain, I dont think a little oil leaking from the bottom of the lifter is going to fix it.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Solid Lifters - 12/30/09 08:07 PM

EDM's oil the face of the lobe/lifter which really helps potential lobe/lifter failure.
I have a new set of EDM's in the box I want to sell.
These are $180 through Competition Products, buy them from me and save some money and help a fellow racer.... $150 Shipped in the States..
PM me if your interested.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Solid Lifters - 12/30/09 08:08 PM

Here they are.
http://www.competitionproducts.com/Howar...ductinfo/91718/
© 2024 Moparts Forums