Moparts

What's the best racing magazine?

Posted By: sunroofgtx

What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 02:30 AM

Looking for bang for the buck for advertising. Someone said Drag Illustrated is very effective and well-read. What do you guys think? Thanks. We want to get a full page ad, thanking customers and highlight team championships with pics.

Also, if you have had great success with FireCore50 wires, let us know..

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 02:38 AM

National Dragster is obviously sent to every NHRA member, lotts of exposure there.

Majority of the drag racing related mags i've read leave a bit to be desired.
Posted By: proshiftcharger

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 02:51 AM

National Dragster came to my mind first when reading your post. It covers Sportmans all the way through the Pro's.

Heres two more to consider...

Drag Racing Action
&
Drag Racer Magazine

One of the recent issues of Drag Racer has a moparts members car on the cover.

But as you know it all comes down to.....
"cost per ad."

Doug
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 03:01 AM

The only mags that we read are MOPAR mags.
But you pretty much got that market covered.
But i guess the biggest mag i know is Ndragster.
Posted By: Diablo

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 03:41 AM

Hmmm the only mag i read other than the mopar ones is the NTPA official mag called THE PULLER.

If you want to get your foot into the pulling world Why not show Schmit racing engines yours wires make more power. I'm sure they would buy them all up for 1 more hp

Attached picture 5674623-636B1-TSresize.jpg

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 04:05 AM

Doug, get me a number. We'll call him up. I guarantee he'll be a dealer. Thanks. Just made up 5 sets for Wilkerson, and nearly 30 for Schumacher. But still our biggest sales come from the Bracket and Sportsman racers. We will never forget what got us here.
Posted By: Diablo

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 04:17 AM

In the NTPA usually there are at least 3 out of the top 5 trucks that run one of his engines. (other two are usually sonny hemi) He sells pulling engines like crazy. In our small club up here there are three guys running his engines and one guy has gone and bought three different ones upgrading in power each year.

To bad he pretty much only touches GM and Ford.

http://www.steveschmidtracing.com/index.html

1-800-957-7223
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 05:22 AM

Rick, seriously, look at a publication called "Fastest Street Car". probably printed by the Drag Illustrated people. Same size format and page feel. It gets a lot of readership from the door slammer 10.5 tire crowd. I like that mag a lot, even though it showcases a lot of F-body Fords.
"Drag Racer" is another good one, but covers a lot of Pro-stock, Top Fuel and the Funnies.

I love the wires, they "light the fire" better then Buick ever did.
Posted By: TS3303

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 05:32 AM

SS&DI but for some reason they chose to end that one
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 12:19 PM

Super Stock and Drag Illustrated and Bracket Racing USA were two great magazines but they`re gone.I don`t buy any magazines anymore they`re just too expensive now and the substance is lacking. I`ll buy one occasionally if it has more than one good article. I subscribe to Hemmings Muscle News and get National Dragster but thats it in ND if I do good racing its nice to see my name in print and I`ve actually Won something in the Be a Winner program. Most of the remaining racing magazines focus to much on the Pros and not enough on the Sportsman. If you race in the NY/NJ area the online racing paper Dragtime News is good and the author is a racer/Mopar guy.

Attached File
Posted By: Troublemaker427

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 12:40 PM

Drag Illustrated is my favorite. Very well put together publication.
Posted By: tubtar

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 01:49 PM

Quote:

The best bar none !
Their critical stance towards NHRA policies may have been part of the downfall , but I always appreciated their no B.S. approach to issues that affected racers.
Engine Masters is cool........a quarterly publication I think.
Man...... I miss SS/DI
Posted By: 72Challenger

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 03:02 PM

Rich, off topic, but just thought to let you know I recieved your wires. Have to pick them up at my workadress but I'm sure they'll be good!

You see, they're spread all over the world
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 09:05 PM

are you already doing wires for Tim Lynch?
if not ..he lives down the street from me?
cheapst.
Posted By: modified1090

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/18/09 09:19 PM

do you sponsor any local guys. maybe give them a free set for there car and even cut them in on a small percent of the sets they sell for you.
i did read the post by wildbill that you gave him a set for his koffel build and i'm sure he will get you a few customers.
other than that i read hot rod mag.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/19/09 12:30 AM

Rick I like SS&DI but there hasn't been a "good" drag rag since BRUSA(Bracket Racing USA)
I love my Firecore 50's but if I get a taller distributor I may need some longer wires for 5 and 7
Gus
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/19/09 12:53 AM

NENDRA was going to promote their product and list Firecore on our website for the whole year and have 3 firecore wire races for the year but never heard back.
Rick your a busy guy
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 12/19/09 12:58 AM

Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/19/09 01:18 AM

Drag Illustrated is my favorite current publication

Rickster
Posted By: Dart1031

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/19/09 01:49 AM

Another vote for Fastest Street Car(FSC) magazine. Every member of the NMCA gets it. It's the only car magazine I get anymore.
Posted By: jeff_past

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/19/09 03:53 PM

Also try RPM Magazine as well... http://www.rpm-mag.com/ Very cool mag, focuses on the doorslammer crowd.
Posted By: nhramark

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/19/09 04:09 PM

Rick,

I have advertised my little AEI company with Fastest Street Car Magazine with good results. (and affordable rates) As mentioned earlier, it it the National Dragster equivelant of NMCA. Every member gets one in the mail and they hand out thousands of free issues at every event.

Everyone there has been very nice to deal with and I think they are going to use one of our motorplates and midplate on their project car.

I don't know who you should advertise with, but it couldn't hurt to talk with these guys. Here is the contact info for my ad guy there, maybe you could mention I sent you to him:

Chris Vopat

Publisher, Race Pages Magazine

714-444-2426 ext. 107

cell: 714-914-5655

cvopat@promediapub.com

Good luck!
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/19/09 04:39 PM

What I read is NHRA's National Dragster, IHRA's Drag Review, Hot Rod and Autoweek.
Bill
Posted By: Discoquik

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/19/09 04:42 PM

Hey Rick,

Best bang for the buck for our customers at Wiseco has been internet forums like Dragraceresults, LS1tech, Hondaforums,Yellowbullet, etc. They have done much better "monitoring" the forums as an advertiser and techguy than running ads. Unfortunately, print media is drastically changing with the internet being what it is today. But Drag Illustrated and Fastest Street Car are probably the most widely read in the nitrous and blown world. There probably is alot of untapped business at PY forums for the pontiac guys. I am on there alot with having that 70 Firebird now. It's as good as this one here. Might be worth working with them as a sponsor. AMCforum.net is THE AMC forum and has some pretty nice cars and knowledgable guys on their. If you want hit me up at vellinger@wiseco.com I'll send you some suggestions if you like.

LS1 business is where it's at if you can get in. Actually the Hot Rod test car is in a friend's shop near me getting twin turbos as we speak. We brought it back from Memphis at the NMCA World Finals/LSX Shootout. It was cheaper for Jud Massengill of SAM racing to buy the car and make it a drag radial car than to run 9 months worth of ads in Hot Rod. I'm sure I could get you set up to run your wires on this car. It should be a mean piece. Twin 91's on a 500" LS with AllPro canted heads. It's gonna be stupid what that motor makes for power.
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/19/09 06:25 PM

On the net,moparts,dragraceresuls,speedtalk,yellowbullet,competitionplus,& moparmax.Printed I read national dragster,Drag Racing Action,Drag Racer,Drag Illustrated,FSC.Favorite depends on what I'm hungry for.

Attached picture 5677407-103109%20325.jpg
Posted By: Devilbrad

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/20/09 07:48 PM

With the internet the way it is now, I say start a Facebook page. I see every manufacturer on there, Comp Cams, Calvert Racing, etc etc. Facebook advertising spreads like wild fire. And its free.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/20/09 08:03 PM

Quote:

Was the best drag mag ever!

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/20/09 09:52 PM

I love FSC. We've had several of our customers on the cover last year ! RPM sounds promising as well.. Thanks guys. With more and more ProMod and Fuel Cars running our FireCore50 wires, RPM might be the way to go. Monday I'll call both mags.
Posted By: 6bblRoadrunner

Re: What's the best racing magazine? - 12/21/09 05:02 PM

I was subscribing to Fastest Street Car until they raised the 1 year subscription price to $55.00. This included membership to the NMCA (which I don't race in). Good magazine though.
© 2024 Moparts Forums