Moparts

BB remote water pump set-up

Posted By: sdaurity

BB remote water pump set-up - 12/13/09 10:35 PM

What company use to make the alum. water manifold in place of stock BB water pump and remote water pump kits?
Posted By: sam64

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/13/09 10:55 PM

sho gun,i think i have one i'm not going to use i'll look for it.
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/13/09 11:42 PM

yep shogun there original pump was not to good, i don't know about the new one. i used a meziere pump on mine.
Posted By: joshking440

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/14/09 01:18 AM

AndyF makes everything you need other than the remote pump itself, and his stuff is SWWWEEEETTTTTTT A$$ STUFF!!!!!!!!

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/14/09 01:45 AM

Shogun is what I was thinking of. thanks Got a link or pics of Andyf stuff? I think I'm going to use the CSR remote pump.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/14/09 03:09 AM

I make these manifolds for remote water pumps. The manifolds free up space for a belt drive distributor. Also, with the individual manifolds you can swap the lines top to bottom to turn it into a reverse flow setup if you want.

Attached picture 5666374-AR245jesel.jpg
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/14/09 03:51 AM

Quote:

I make these manifolds for remote water pumps. The manifolds free up space for a belt drive distributor. Also, with the individual manifolds you can swap the lines top to bottom to turn it into a reverse flow setup if you want.

Andy, How thick are they? do you make them with Orings instead of gaskets? I think that might be the answer to my newest issue.

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/14/09 12:55 PM

Quote:

How much? What size are the fittings 16an, I was going to do it all in 12an.

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/14/09 04:04 PM

The manifolds are set up for #12 o-ring fittings. I use #16 AN fittings with #12 o-ring bases but you can get #12 AN to #12 o-ring if you want.

The manifolds are 1.50 inches thick. Part number is AR245 for the kit. Mancini Racing, Hughes Engines, Mayo Performance, Bob Mazzolini Racing, etc. can get it for you.

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/14/09 04:07 PM

You can also get fittings from Meziere that convert from o-ring to hose. Some guys prefer to run hose because it is a lot less expensive. You don't really need braided lines for coolant because the pressure is so low.

Attached picture 5667055-AR245hose.jpg

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/14/09 05:40 PM

Quote:

You can also get fittings from Meziere that convert from o-ring to hose. Some guys prefer to run hose because it is a lot less expensive. You don't really need braided lines for coolant because the pressure is so low.

Andy, I meant does it take the stock gasket on the block side or does that take a oring. I want to get rid of my gaskets and do orings on the motor plate and pump setup. thanks
Posted By: slippery440

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/14/09 06:07 PM

Part number does not work.

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/14/09 08:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Andy, I meant does it take the stock gasket on the block side or does that take a oring. I want to get rid of my gaskets and do orings on the motor plate and pump setup. thanks

It uses a stock gasket. Actually I use the water pump gaskets from Cometic. They seem to work the best. There isn't really enough room to put o-rings in there if the water passage is full size.
Posted By: orangeduster

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/15/09 02:13 AM

Quote:

X2 WOULD LOVE TO ORDER BUT CANT FIND

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/15/09 03:15 AM

Quote:

Part number works fine. Price is on the price list on the website. Call one of the dealers and order the part. Mayo, Hughes, Mancini, etc.

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/15/09 12:58 PM

Has anybody found out how much this is yet?
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 12/15/09 01:25 PM

Posted By: slippery440

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/15/09 01:43 PM

Thanks Hemifred for the parts numbers and prices and a web site to buy from.You would of thought that mabe the guy that makes these would of done that so at least 2 of us that have internet disabilites could find out the price.

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/15/09 02:47 PM

x2 I couldn't find anything on hughes or mancini site.
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/15/09 03:41 PM

Being a mfg. and selling to dealers Andy has to be unbiased and careful not to step on toes. He's just trying to be fair to his dealer network. Most ethical manufacturers that do not sell direct to the public operate this way.

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/15/09 03:42 PM

Quote:

Being a mfg. and selling to dealers Andy has to be unbiased and careful not to step on toes. He's just trying to be fair to his dealer network. Most ethical manufacturers that do not sell direct to the public operate this way.

Exactly. You guys should be thanking him for making these obscure parts.

Thanks Andy!

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 12/15/09 03:53 PM

Quote:

x2 I couldn't find anything on hughes or mancini site.

These aren't very high volume parts so the dealers aren't going to spend their time updating the website. You have to actually pick up the phone and call someone for parts like this.

It takes a little bit of work to find parts like this but not as much work as it would to build them yourself.

Fred mentioned the AR244 part which is similiar. The AR244 fits behind a stock type water pump but moves the outlet to the top. That lets you run a standard water pump under a belt drive distributor. You just block off the water pump outlet with a flat plate and then take the hot water out each side. Works best if you modify the radiator for dual input lines.

Attached picture 5669217-AR244_wp.jpg

Re: BB remote water pump set-up - 07/12/13 10:24 PM

This is an old thread but I see that someone referenced today in another thread. The AR245 has started to become more popular lately. Mancini Racing usually has them in stock and Hughes Engines can get them if they don't have it in stock.

The AR245 part also works just fine with a motor plate. You just need longer bolts and another set of gaskets.

I think that more people are starting to use the remote pump setup. Probably as a way to free up space in front of the engine, or maybe becuase they have found out that the remote pumps last longer than the engine mounted one. Less heat and less vibration helps the pump life.
© 2024 Moparts Forums