Moparts

Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior?

Posted By: Anonymous

Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/04/09 10:20 PM

maybe it's the italian in me but i need a clean and neat interior.
i just ripped out everything in my cockpit and putting in everything new. from carpet to headliner to seat covers.
anyone else anal as myself?
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/04/09 10:27 PM

Quote:

i just ripped out everything in my cockpit and putting in everything new. from carpet to headliner to seat covers.

No,your all alone I'am certainly not anal,but I did just get new A-990 door panels for a couple of my 65s and put all new rug and headliner in one.
Posted By: ramcharger1964

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/04/09 10:41 PM

I completely agree Nothing screams cool louder than a simple, understated, clean interior on a racecar! WHile it is nice (and sometimes necessary) to have several gauges and switches - I think it takes away from the classiness of the car itself. Plus there are a lot of people who try to "compensate" power by making their interior look like the cockpit of stealth fighter.
I put all my switches under the dash - out of sight and my gauges are mounted in a cluster that has a single quick connect coupling and is held in place by the stock heater box screws. 30 seconds and it's all gone.........

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/04/09 10:45 PM

Quote:

I completely agree Nothing screams cool louder than a simple, understated, clean interior on a racecar! WHile it is nice (and sometimes necessary) to have several gauges and switches - I think it takes away from the classiness of the car itself. Plus there are a lot of people who try to "compensate" power by making their interior look like the cockpit of stealth fighter.
I put all my switches under the dash - out of sight and my gauges are mounted in a cluster that has a single quick connect coupling and is held in place by the stock heater box screws. 30 seconds and it's all gone.........

thats how i like mine, neat and simple
Posted By: ramcharger1964

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/04/09 10:54 PM

It also drives me crazy to see a real nice, rare Mopar with a completely cut up dash filled with "new" aftermarket gauges and such

Maybe it's just me but I would do almost anything to avoid drilling even the smallest hole in my car.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/04/09 11:04 PM

My whole interior is aluminum but come spring I'm going
to carpet the interior and install a fiberglass dash
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/04/09 11:16 PM

I agree, it must be clean and sharp
Posted By: REHBERGERRACING

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/04/09 11:24 PM

Same here. Hate the gutted look. Factory dash, door panels & carpet!
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/04/09 11:40 PM

headliner is a must....dad's car in August feels like your a human baked potato.
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/04/09 11:45 PM

I figure I wont worry about it until I am 70 and start taking my cars to car shows.

Every once in awhile I clean the old time slips and dirty shop towels out of it and if I am really felling froggy I might blow the dust out of it with compressed air.......

Never had a win light come on in my lane because of a nice interior!

Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/05/09 01:01 AM

Quote:

I completely agree Nothing screams cool louder than a simple, understated, clean interior on a racecar! WHile it is nice (and sometimes necessary) to have several gauges and switches - I think it takes away from the classiness of the car itself. Plus there are a lot of people who try to "compensate" power by making their interior look like the cockpit of stealth fighter. .........

HAY!!!!!!!!!!I resemble that remark

Attached picture 5646811-IMG_1726.JPG
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/05/09 01:22 AM

I figure a racecar is a racecar and a ratrod is a ratrod and never the trains shall meat or sumthin like that!

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/05/09 02:27 AM

yup full interior for us!

lets see a picture of your ride quick nick!!

casey
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/05/09 02:32 AM

Quote:

casey

I about crapped when I saw the inside of that car at Norwalk. The way that thing performs and looking like that is awesome.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/05/09 02:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

casey

I about crapped when I saw the inside of that car at Norwalk. The way that thing performs and looking like that is awesome.

Yup,I hear that car is killer in the 10 oh class

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/05/09 02:44 AM

Quote:

casey

i see you have a cecil county sticker on your window, when were you there?

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/05/09 02:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

casey

thanks for the kind words! looking for a little more this year!!

yup went a few rounds until russ kicked my butt!!

no cecil for us.... just a sticker. Never been that far east to race, might roll over there to meet up with you when your motor is done

Casey

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/05/09 02:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

casey

no cecil for us.... just a sticker. Never been that far east to race, might roll over there to meet up with you when your motor is done

Casey

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/06/09 10:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

casey

Casey

I left everything in it, AM radio, front and rear bench seats, only thing gone is the heater box.poppaj

Attached picture 5651012-MICH3003.jpg
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/06/09 10:52 PM

here is mine

Attached picture 5651042-1964plymouth005.jpg
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/06/09 10:59 PM

Whompin Wedge.....Im impressed

Got to love those FULL INTERIOR cars

Mine is as close to factory as i can keep it

Posted By: codfish

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 12:42 AM

Nice Guys.

I'm not as fast as most here, but I'm knockin on the 10's. Hopefully next season.

Here's my interior.

codfish
Posted By: proshiftcharger

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 01:44 AM

Quote:

casey

Awesome full interior pics.
Lets see some pics of yours Quick Nick.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 01:51 AM

I put a headliner in the Belvedere....looks much nicer now...

Also put new front and rear door panels in....

Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 02:49 AM

Quote:

here is mine

Got a question for you. Why ya got a tach, really, why does anybody have a tach? I see you have an air shifter, so you are not likely watching the tach and even guys with no air shifter, still have a shift light, so why does anybody need a tach. You set the idle by where it sounds right, not really a number. Just wondering. I never ran a tach in my car and when I ask most other guys, they really dont have a good answer. I only had a temp and oil pressure gauge in mine.

Monte

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 04:23 AM

OK Monty,

How do you sing "Tach it up, Tach it up.... Buddy now I shut you down" without a tach in the car?

Recenty discovered version of said song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha-2WxI9drw&feature=related

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 04:37 AM

Quote:

Whompin Wedge.....Im impressed

Got to love those FULL INTERIOR cars

Mine is as close to factory as i can keep it

Your car has always impressed me, looks stock and flys! poppaj

Attached picture 5651962-CIMG0365.jpg
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 08:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

here is mine

Got a question for you. Why ya got a tach, really, why does anybody have a tach?

My situations a bit different, but, I use mine for staging RPM (no 2 step), to see what RPM I'm turning through the lights, To see how fast I'm going down the road (no speedo). I'm sure there are more reasons, those are just a few off the top of my head. Very good point though, not a whole lot of reason for one in many applications.

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 08:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

here is mine

Got a question for you. Why ya got a tach, really, why does anybody have a tach? I see you have an air shifter, so you are not likely watching the tach and even guys with no air shifter, still have a shift light, so why does anybody need a tach. You set the idle by where it sounds right, not really a number. Just wondering. I never ran a tach in my car and when I ask most other guys, they really dont have a good answer. I only had a temp and oil pressure gauge in mine.

Monte

Good question,since about 99% of all race cars have one.Some use them some don't.They serve there purpose for many racers for shifting by rpm or activate the shift light or review the run and high rpm.Believe it or not one of our guys,Div-1,Iron Man,#8 in the country IHRA A/S AA/S Britt Mizia drives by his tach.There are thousands of racers that still race with the basics.Not everyone has all top tech.But I guess since you don't use one we are all dumb butts for having them Lets all toss them and follow the Pied Piper
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 11:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

here is mine

Monte

Didn't have a tach in the altered, but do have one in the roadster....I only use it to ck my t-stop rpm and trap rpm on recall...wish it was a play-back or better yet a racepak....I also had tachs in my foot-brake cars, but that was back in the day and the only way I could have a shift light....next dedicated track car will get a racepak or equivalent

Rickster
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 11:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

here is mine

Monte

My GTX has a tach, oil pressure gauge, and water temp, and that is it, but the Road Runner isn't getting a tach, just a mini shift light that has been painted the factory interior color. It looks better, and is lighter...

Jeff
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 12:00 PM

Didn't have a tach in the altered, but do have one in the roadster....I only use it to ck my t-stop rpm and trap rpm on recall...wish it was a play-back or better yet a racepak....I also had tachs in my foot-brake cars, but that was back in the day and the only way I could have a shift light....next dedicated track car will get a racepak or equivalent

Rickster

I have a tach also for 2 reasons.... I set the idle
when I tune it and was the way to have a shift light
(at the time when purchased).... when I change out
the dash this winter I most likely will not put it
back in...... but ya never know

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 12:47 PM

just finished my interior last night. simple gauges, going 11.95 on G70-15's red line goodyears and stock exhaust manifolds.

Attached picture 5652216-115-1523_IMG.JPG
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 01:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

here is mine

Monte

ok after great deliberation while i was on the throne.the only awnser i have is that it was in the car when i bought it
Posted By: RAT PATROL

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 03:07 PM

Simple.

Attached picture 5652380-RatPatrolInterior.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 03:18 PM

here is the Valiant. Not quite 100% finished in this picture but you get the idea.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 04:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

here is mine

Monte

Good question,since about 99% of all race cars have one.Some use them some don't.They serve there purpose for many racers for shifting by rpm or activate the shift light or review the run and high rpm.Believe it or not one of our guys,Div-1,Iron Man,#8 in the country IHRA A/S AA/S Britt Mizia drives by his tach.There are thousands of racers that still race with the basics.Not everyone has all top tech.But I guess since you don't use one we are all dumb butts for having them Lets all toss them and follow the Pied Piper

Bob, you need to lighten up and quit giving me crap. It was asked jokingly. I know some people actually use them, but most never look at it. I don't care if your car looks like a jet fighter. If thats what you like, do it. As I said, it was just posed as a kind of "huh, good question" type thing. Not everything should be taken literally. Lighten up.
I used to have a slew of gauges in my car, but when it saw no more street duty and I put it on a diet, I decided to take them out, because I never look at them going down the track anyway. I had an old school racer ask me why I needed a tach, since I had an air shifter. Made sense to me, so I took it out and never missed it.

Monte

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 04:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

here is mine

Monte

Bob, you need to lighten up and quit giving me crap. It was asked jokingly. I know some people actually use them, but most never look at it. I don't care if your car looks like a jet fighter. If thats what you like, do it. As I said, it was just posed as a kind of "huh, good question" type thing. Not everything should be taken literally. Lighten up

Monte

Chill out Monte,I'am just busting your balls a little all in jest and humor.You know I have the utmost respect for your knowledge and we have bantered back and forth before.As I said in the other post I was filling in for SSR Some of your boys from YB said to stroke you a little There was nothing interesting going on at 3:AM this morning,couldn't get a rise out of anyone not even HemiFred.
Posted By: proshiftcharger

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 04:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

here is mine

Monte

Lets all toss them and follow the Pied Piper

Bob,
I thought you were the Pied Piper, I followed you out of town and kept looking over my shoulder wondering why the line of farm animals was getting longer and longer.

Doug

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 04:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

here is mine

Monte

Lets all toss them and follow the Pied Piper

Bob,
I thought you were the Pied Piper, I followed you out of town and kept looking over my shoulder wondering why the line of farm animals was getting longer and longer.

Doug

Doug,why follow?You and Bob could have joined the party."what goes on in those back hill tracks stay there"Or were you afraid those animals would recognize you,those wood are your back yard.
Posted By: RobR

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/07/09 05:14 PM

The Clean look for me...I've never had a tach in my X and that's over 30 years now...I just put oil and temp gauges in 4 years ago and I really don't care for that look either...just too lazy to take them out.

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 08:44 PM

well its been a nice month vacation off, so i took it to the garage and gutted my 65 plymouth belvedere, changing it back to gold/fawn interior.
here' a few pictures of the before & now during process, going in for paint next week, trim pieces are at the paint shop now.

Attached picture 5663270-65PLYMOUTHHEMIINTERIOR,ENGINECOMPARTMENT,KELLYSINJURY069.JPG

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 08:46 PM

just gutted it out, repainted rollcage, new headliner in correct gold/fawn SMS material installed.

Attached picture 5663272-65PLYMOUTHGUTTEDINTERIOR045.JPG

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 08:49 PM

new headliner installed, got a new gold/fawn steering wheel, rear seat package tray and new A990 seats recovered.

Attached picture 5663281-65PLYMOUTHGUTTEDINTERIOR049.JPG

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 08:56 PM

end results should look similar to my coronet?
what do you like better? blue or fawn?

Attached picture 5663293-63PLYMOUTH65DODGEA99068HEMIROADRUNNER045.JPG
Posted By: 5126brl No more

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 09:02 PM

I like the stock look of that Butterscotch A12 Bee myself!

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 09:06 PM

Quote:

I like the stock look of that Butterscotch A12 Bee myself!

its not butterscotch, its y2 yellow for your information, good try though.
hows your ip address doing?

Attached picture 5663313-115-1525_IMG.JPG
Posted By: chryco

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 09:47 PM

Don`t know how mine qualifies ?

Attached picture 5663394-IMG_2198.jpg

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 09:50 PM

Y2 thats even worse!
Ip address issue belongs to someone else

Attached picture 5663399-RR@valley.jpg

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 09:56 PM

Quote:

Don`t know how mine qualifies ?

yours looks very very nice imo.

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 09:58 PM

Quote:

Y2 thats even worse!
Ip address issue belongs to someone else

where are your H wheels?

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 10:06 PM

I sold them a few years ago with the original Spare tire.
One loser on this forum is still a cry baby over it because he did not step up for the price!
How's the choke working

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 10:19 PM

Quote:

I sold them a few years ago with the original Spare tire.
One loser on this forum is still a cry baby over it because he did not step up for the price!
How's the choke working

no more choke. guy rebuilt the motor and put valley tray and blocked off heat crossover.
i got 3 sets need any?

Attached picture 5663463-A12SUPERBEESPARETIRE001.JPG

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 10:43 PM

Only ones dated 5-13 I know a real that is looking for some. I may need to find him some

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 11:06 PM

Attached picture 5663545-65PLYMOUTHGUTTEDINTERIOR050.JPG

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/12/09 11:07 PM

Attached picture 5663549-65PLYMOUTHGUTTEDINTERIOR047.JPG
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/13/09 02:31 AM

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/13/09 02:32 AM

Quote:

very very nice, no carpet??
Posted By: 77DragracerR/T

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/13/09 03:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I like the liquor despensers beside you....LOL
Super Clean though!

very very nice, no carpet??

Posted By: 77DragracerR/T

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/13/09 04:34 PM

I keep mine looking close to stock inside but does need new carpet.

Attached picture 5664848-100_0520.JPG
Posted By: BEEQUIK

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/14/09 01:35 AM

Here was mine in red ...

Attached picture 5666126-beequikat-1.jpg

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/14/09 02:31 AM

here's a bone stock interior with back seat, just a few gauges and roll cage added.

Attached picture 5666284-63PLYMOUTH65DODGEA99068HEMIROADRUNNER024.JPG

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/14/09 02:33 AM

back seat area, pretty nostalgic.

Attached picture 5666290-63PLYMOUTH65DODGEA99068HEMIROADRUNNER022.JPG

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/14/09 05:11 AM

Last one for tonight.

Attached picture 5666617-HEMIREUNION69HEMIRR65DODGECORONET1263.JPG
Posted By: orangeduster

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/15/09 02:38 AM

Quote:

Attached picture 5668426-006.JPG
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/15/09 03:00 AM

Quote:

Here was mine in red ...

I just love that interior
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/15/09 03:13 AM

Monte I was pitted next to Butch Leal at an IHRA race in Dallas in '72 and he did not use a tach in his Duster pro Stock car. Did not have one in the car which is what made me ask him about it. Said he shifted by ear.
What a character.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/15/09 06:52 AM

Fairly simple for a race car.

Attached picture 5668882-project027b.jpg

Post deleted by Defbob - 12/15/09 03:28 PM

Posted By: HEMI472

Re: Who likes a clean new Race Car Interior? - 12/15/09 04:05 PM

Monte

i was going to take my tach out also but what happens if i get to the track and the air shifter brakes? at least with the tach i can run the car and shift it with the tach.what are you going to do shift it by ear?
© 2024 Moparts Forums