Moparts

Stay N/A or go Procharger??

Posted By: FASTFISH420

Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/15/09 07:04 PM

I need a vote...still debating if I want to stay the N/A route or go a procharger deal..

I know what it will cost to do the procharger route..the motor needs a new set of rods in around 20 to 30 so passes..the rods were the only thing we re-used..so if I am going to change to blown deal now is the time to do it..

The car is going in the Chassis shop late January or Febuary for the 25.5 or 4..I want to put a racepak in it and I am changing the ignition and rewiring it also..

I have sorta put the motor on hold for doing anything to it until I decide what to do with it..I am in no big hurry..the chassis upgrade and other things are going to put me back for next season anyway...

I have also thought about not doing the 25.5 to the barracuda and start looking for a mustang coupe to put this motor in for Milan and other N/A races.

Too much to ponder!!!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/15/09 07:15 PM

Makes me remember why I became a bracket racer Good luck whichever way you go but the Procharger sounds like fun but I woudl think will require a 6.00 cert as the 7.50 cert probably wont win any races anymore, let alone two years from now.

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/15/09 07:21 PM

I know what you mean about the 7.50..you can be pretty competative in drag radial at Milan at 7.50..I am not going to go crazy..just a F2 blowthru deal...
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/15/09 09:00 PM

as long as you have a class to race in and can have fun on boost.
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/15/09 09:13 PM

BOOST! You'll never go back...
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/15/09 09:35 PM

Hmmmmm procharger

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/15/09 09:47 PM

Quote:

Hmmmmm procharger

at least you are putting out some good HP where you will be takin more seriously for your vote.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/15/09 10:09 PM

I'm sorry I didn't go to boost 20 years ago,but there is nothing like being "BLOWN"

Attached picture 5606852-2009-04-24-1723-17_edited.jpg
Posted By: 506RR

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/15/09 10:31 PM

Procharger!!
Posted By: Big B

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/16/09 12:52 AM

I say twin turbo. Can make 2000+hp on pump gas.

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/16/09 03:16 AM

Quote:

Is that your combo? i would love to see it.
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/16/09 03:32 AM

Quote:

Im a turbo guy as well, but I think these procharger guys can get to that 2khp also on the pump gas
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/16/09 12:53 PM

ProCharger. If you stay N/A, you'll be regretting it later...just like I am. CHIP
Posted By: Big B

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/16/09 01:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Is that your combo? i would love to see it.

You and me both. I would like twin turbos, but will probably go with a Procharger.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/16/09 01:31 PM

boost is great. You don't need biig bumpy cams, huge stalls, tall gears. You can have your cake AND eat it. Boosted cars really roll. I have a buddy that had a stock storke 360 nothing fancy in a 68 Valiant He ran 10.80's on 8psi of boost. drove to the track and home. Same guy now has a worked turbo SB in a chasis omni running 9.0' at 160, w/ 3.73 gears.

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/16/09 02:20 PM

I am not a huge fan of the turbo stuff..way to hard to get the launch technique down..

I love the fast N/A races..but the procharger stuff is growing on me fast...just bad azz power
Posted By: 72chrgrally

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/16/09 02:52 PM

My question is what are your intentions for the car? Do you want to run an organized, ruled, pound-per-cube class or just your own deal where you do what you want to go fast. If you are planning on getting away from Milan A/M and putting a ProCharger on are you going to try and run drag radial or something else? I think you should do what ever will make you happy.
Steve
Posted By: racerx

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/16/09 03:04 PM

Quote:

ProCharger. If you stay N/A, you'll be regretting it later...just like I am. CHIP

I what he said.
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/17/09 01:33 AM

Chris, I say go with the Procharger! As I think you are finding out it's hard to compete with the Mustangs with the older nostalgic body style. I'm looking for the right chassis be it a Mustang or whatever to go the Procharger route with my 430" R3/W8 turbo motor.

Mike Gray

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/17/09 02:24 AM

Quote:

Chris, I say go with the Procharger! As I think you are finding out it's hard to compete with the Mustangs with the older nostalgic body style. I'm looking for the right chassis be it a Mustang or whatever to go the Procharger route with my 430" R3/W8 turbo motor.

Mike Gray

and a huge A/W intercooler will help you get that done.
Posted By: W8n2DustU

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/17/09 11:17 AM

Definately a Procharger! Rediculous power and no spooling issues like a turbo. Hopefully mine will be running soon. Real tight fit with the geardrive and F3 in the Duster.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/17/09 06:14 PM

You own one of the most B.A. W8's known to man and now you want to change. You haven't even kicked any CHEV or FOR ars with it yet. I'm just kidding, it's your money, spend it how you wish. I was just hoping to see it take out some players at Milan last year. Heck, put it in a Mustang everybody's doing it. Steff, BondoBob, B. Kemp...it's the new 'in' thing.

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/17/09 06:43 PM

Quote:

You own one of the most B.A. W8's known to man and now you want to change. You haven't even kicked any CHEV or FOR ars with it yet. I'm just kidding, it's your money, spend it how you wish. I was just hoping to see it take out some players at Milan last year. Heck, put it in a Mustang everybody's doing it. Steff, BondoBob, B. Kemp...it's the new 'in' thing.

You know how hard it is to run with those boys at Milan???You are racing 600 to 700inch motors..with alittle 416 cube mopar..sure there are some B.A. small block cars up there..but they are 2950 pounds and alot of them run liberty's..

I love N/A cars though..
Posted By: Dos Snails

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/17/09 08:24 PM

[quote
I love N/A cars though..

But U'll love Boost even better! (I kept it PG)
Posted By: biff426

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/18/09 12:34 AM

I would like to see a all motor mopar anything do well in NMCA pro stock I realize the money and time investment needed [tried it] I don't think the R&D has been done yet to make a small or big block competitive in a all motor or power adder class and not sure there is anyone yet that wants to spend the money to make it happen not being a pr-ck but to be competitive at the Milan level or NMCA prostock or extreme street takes a bunch of coin for little or no return ask Andy Mayes he is the only one to go to the distance and hang in there and is .2-.3 behind I say do whatever is fun for YOU and YOUR FAMILY
Posted By: SnakeEisz67

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/18/09 12:48 AM

Just DO IT! I'm sure you're good for another mortgage. We need something different to take to the state up north.

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/18/09 01:03 AM

Quote:

Just DO IT! I'm sure you're good for another mortgage. We need something different to take to the state up north.

Sell that tub of yours and help me!!!!
Posted By: SnakeEisz67

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/18/09 01:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sell that tub of yours and help me!!!!

My "tub" wouldn't bring enough greenback to help your cause Needs some new pipe and a tag.

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/18/09 03:31 AM

Quote:

I am not a huge fan of the turbo stuff..way to hard to get the launch technique down..

I love the fast N/A races..but the procharger stuff is growing on me fast...just bad azz power

nothing like leaving off idle
Posted By: BobR

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/18/09 02:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

"You know how hard it is to run with those boys at Milan???You are racing 600 to 700inch motors..with alittle 416 cube mopar.."

We beat all the huge motor guys with out SBF/F3 Mustang. Best ET to date 6.68. We have the PSCA Outlaw 10.5 record at 6.71.

http://pscaracing.com/ChampChase/champlistoutlaw09.html

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/18/09 03:03 PM

We were talking N/A motors only. not forced induction..
Posted By: 506RR

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/18/09 10:11 PM

BobR,

What was your best run on Nitrous, before going to the Procharger? How is the maintenance compared to when you ran nitrous?

You car is Bad! Even if it is a Mustang!
Posted By: BobR

Re: Stay N/A or go Procharger?? - 11/19/09 12:14 AM

Quote:

BobR,

What was your best run on Nitrous, before going to the Procharger? How is the maintenance compared to when you ran nitrous?

You car is Bad! Even if it is a Mustang!

First, let me tell you that I am just a financial partner and a crewman. The car is majority owned and driven by Doug Sikora. The best nitrous pass was 7.12/196. The maintenance is pretty close to the same as far as cost. We hope to have solved some ongoing issues that plagued us throughout the year regarding piston life, ect. Hopefully, next season will require less maintenance. The small block motor makes in excess of 2200 HP. This tends to eat parts up pretty rapidly. Thanks for the compliment. We are pretty proud of the car and what we have done this season.
© 2024 Moparts Forums