Moparts

What could I have hurt?

Posted By: DerickS

What could I have hurt? - 11/15/09 01:04 AM

I was leaving work today and my car was still cold and i hit the throttle in first gear not hard but enough to make it hestitate then come on for about a 1-2 second burst, no high rpm. Imediately I had a new noise that sounds...no kidding like a heat shield on a catelytic (sp?) converter came loose...except I have none. The noise is not all the time but does come up in each gear with a little rpm. No change in oil pressure or how it runs (no miss)....just a disturbing noise. How could I have hurt it? what my be wrong?
Posted By: mrsmallblock

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/15/09 01:25 AM

did you check to make sure you don't have a converter bolt coming loose?

Howard
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/15/09 02:23 AM

Quote:

Howard

check all your torque converter bolts. also check header collector bolts as well.

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/15/09 02:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Howard

check all your torque converter bolts. also check header collector bolts as well.

Thank you gents! I will get under there tomorrow
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/15/09 04:44 AM

If not the converter are you running a windage tray?
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/15/09 04:52 AM

If the flexplate is an OEM style with "ears" (solid or with holes), it may be broken. I've heard them make noise when they crack.

Let us know who "won".
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/15/09 04:53 AM

If you look and look and still cant find anything..change the oil and cut the filter open...pray for no metal debris.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/15/09 04:57 AM

If you run a baffled muffler like a flowmaster one of them could have broken loose?
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/15/09 05:36 AM

Quote:

If the flexplate is an OEM style with "ears" (solid or with holes), it may be broken. I've heard them make noise when they crack.

Let us know who "won".

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/15/09 07:11 PM

Holy cow all of these are good! Yes I run a windage tray and yes i run a baffled muffler. No the flex plate doesnt have the windows cut in it. Man where to start! Thanks guys

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/16/09 12:15 AM

well the torque converter bolts were tight and I didnt see any cracks in the flex plate. Would a spun rod bearing cause a drop in oil pressure?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/16/09 12:48 AM

I had a broken flexplate in a '75 Duster that drove me crazy! Couldn't really see it until the transmission was out.

Tickatickaticka...
Posted By: 72challorange

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/16/09 02:24 AM

Quote:

If you run a baffled muffler like a flowmaster one of them could have broken loose?

Had this happen to me before. Only at certain rpms would it come out.

Tom
Posted By: 604 Hemi GTX

Re: What could I have hurt? - 11/16/09 02:30 AM

Check and see if your missing any bolts from your crank pulley? I had a car break a bolt and it made a funny noise,took a while to find the problem
© 2024 Moparts Forums