Moparts

what do new R/T challengers run?

Posted By: mcat4321

what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/27/09 08:44 PM

sticks and auto's whats quiker
Posted By: Mancini Racing

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/27/09 08:53 PM

Autos are consistently quicker.

Six-Speeds leave too much room for driver error, traction/wheel hop issues, etc.

Stock 5.7L auto Challenger is capable of mid to low 13s in good air.

Remember, the '09 5.7L is much improved over the 2005-08.
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/27/09 09:57 PM

Quote:

Autos are consistently quicker.

Six-Speeds leave too much room for driver error, traction/wheel hop issues, etc.

Stock 5.7L auto Challenger is capable of mid to low 13s in good air.

Remember, the '09 5.7L is much improved over the 2005-08.

A friend took his srt8 stick challenger to BIR, only mustered a high 13 at 104 mph.
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/27/09 10:03 PM

Dont you have to modify the controller to drag race those cars..things like "torque control" and stuff like that?
Posted By: Mancini Racing

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/27/09 10:13 PM

I ran Frito's '09 R/T (5.7L HEMI/auto) B5 Blue Heritage Edition at Columbus and went 13.91 @ 101 in junk hot muggy air.

All I did was disengage the ESP (Traction Control), did a moderate burnout to put heat the tires and left at 1200 RPM.

If the track has bite, you can bump the launch speed to 1500 RPM which does improve the ET.

Frito's Challenger was not broken in (it less than 2500 miles on it), therefore the factory tune was still in the "fat mode".

Our orange '08 Charger Daytona development vehicle (5.7L Hemi) has gone 13.69 with not much done to it in less than ideal conditions.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/28/09 12:13 AM

Talk to DodgeTony, his R/T ran low 13's bone stock. Now it goes 12.50's and 11.50's on spray.
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/28/09 04:08 AM

Mine is basically stock with a six speed except for a cold air intake and exhaust. I run 13.7 with it at 104 miles per hour.

Its ok, but not a mosnter. I'm still learning how to launch my 6 speed right.

Mike
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/28/09 05:01 AM

My SRT auto went 13.30 @ 107 in drive with the traction control on, bone stock.
Posted By: Jimi_Vignogna

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/28/09 10:50 AM

my 09 rt 6spd ran 13.62 @ 104.00 only a 2.77 60', the first pass it had less than 2000 mi on it, if i could have hooked the car i am sure i could get it to go high 12's, the car weighs 4290# with me in it.
Posted By: Frito

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/28/09 05:44 PM

Quote:

I ran Frito's '09 R/T (5.7L HEMI/auto) B5 Blue Heritage Edition at Columbus and went 13.91 @ 101 in junk hot muggy air.

All I did was disengage the ESP (Traction Control), did a moderate burnout to put heat the tires and left at 1200 RPM.

If the track has bite, you can bump the launch speed to 1500 RPM which does improve the ET.

Frito's Challenger was not broken in (it less than 2500 miles on it), therefore the factory tune was still in the "fat mode".

Our orange '08 Charger Daytona development vehicle (5.7L Hemi) has gone 13.69 with not much done to it in less than ideal conditions.

Moderate Burnout????
Hammer on it OH YEA!!!!

Attached picture 5572081-DavidHakim&Frito.jpg
Posted By: JCFcuda

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/29/09 12:11 AM

2010 r/t bone stock, 14.41 wheel hop, 60 ft 2.42@102.58 mph, 6 speed traction control off.
Ran it this last sunday. It has 1200 miles on it.
If I could of figured out how to leave with it who knows???

Jim F
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/29/09 12:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Moderate Burnout????
Hammer on it OH YEA!!!!

Frito ---- you didn't tell me at Clay City that you loaned out your car to get beat on. I would have taken a shot with it there

Russ
Posted By: fasthawk6

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/29/09 10:59 AM

Quote:

WHY,you still wont catch the camaro,got a gto that i will sell you auto add spray and you will be out in front

Attached picture 5573770-Picture(carparts)016.jpg
Posted By: Dodgetony

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/29/09 12:18 PM

My RT ran 13.12 when it was 3 days old and around 350 miles last November. I only pulled the stock air filter and lowered the rear tire pressure. Another guy on the east coast recently ran 13.19 totally as it comes off the showroom floor.

With headers and full exhaust, limited slip, stall converter, and drag radials I ran a best of 12.54.

With 100 shot of nitrous I ran 11.69.

So far the auto RT's are laying down the best times. The 6 spds seem to be running slower due to wheel hop issues. I race weekly with some friends with an 09 SRT8 6spd and their best time is 13.20's. They run the same mods as me except the catback exhaust.
Posted By: 67HEMI

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/29/09 12:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

WHY,you still wont catch the camaro,got a gto that i will sell you auto add spray and you will be out in front

But he will have an ugly car if he buys a gto Plus gto's will explode on spray(see pinks all out belle rose)
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/29/09 12:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

We just had a few BCLX members out at Mission Raceways, and a Challenger SRT8 beat a Camaro SS for all to see.
Seems the Camaros are quicker bench racing than they are at the actual TRACK..??

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/29/09 02:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But he will have an ugly car if he buys a gto Plus gto's will explode on spray(see pinks all out belle rose)

Do i feel a little tension,after owning 4 different dodge products
there is not a snowballs chance in ---- that i would spend that kind of money on a dodge.Also i have had a ls1 car and now a ls2 car quality is much better in the gm line

Attached picture 5574110-newdart.jpg
Posted By: mcat4321

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/29/09 07:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

isnt that GTO your wifes car?......

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/30/09 01:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

isnt that GTO your wifes car?...... [/quo

Everything is for sale
Posted By: 383man

Re: what do new R/T challengers run? - 10/30/09 03:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do i feel a little tension,after owning 4 different dodge products
there is not a snowballs chance in ---- that i would spend that kind of money on a dodge.Also i have had a ls1 car and now a ls2 car quality is much better in the gm line

What ever your smoking it must be good. I would take the Challenger over the Camaro anyday in 1970 or 2009. The Challenger is just a better car all around. Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums