Moparts

Mt Vernon Holloween Race

Posted By: Anonymous

Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/25/09 06:23 AM

Well it looks like they are finally going to get to run the final event tomorrow. I was planning on calling it a season but what the H*** I put the batteries on charge and Casey and I are going to go and run their Quick-16 race..Is anyone else going???

Attached picture 5565390-PRP1.jpg

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/25/09 10:59 AM

dont forget your throttle stop!go get that 9.76 pass. good luck.
Posted By: Lil Wedge

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/25/09 11:02 AM

We are going, run no-box, One more close race after this, next week at Kil-Kare, 3 day race. We usually go 1 day anyway.

Attached picture 5565460-image_mini.jpeg
Posted By: SnakeEisz67

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/25/09 01:49 PM

Quote:

We are going, run no-box, One more close race after this, next week at Kil-Kare, 3 day race. We usually go 1 day anyway.

Dan - do they usually run 1/4 or 1/8 mi at that event? As I understand it's a 1/4 mi track. Never been to Kil-Kare.

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/26/09 12:32 AM

well poopaj, did you get that 9.76 pass?
i got mine today in a pump gas motor.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/26/09 12:38 AM

Quick16?

Are you borrowing someone's car?
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/26/09 01:00 AM

Quote:

Quick16?

NAAAAAAAAAAAA,he's taking off the lokar throttle stop

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/26/09 02:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quick16?

You two need to take up knitting or Bingo or something so you will have someone to gossip with. We probably had a lousy day by your standards we only went four rounds in Super Pro and Four rounds in Pro. We had our best 60' @ 1.31 flat. We ran between 6.20-6.23 every pass. I was pleased with the consistency of the car. Casey's R/T times were good as well ranging from .015-.034. We had a great time and got to see some friends before the snow starts flying. Smackpup also had his best 60' @ 1.21 he ran a best of 6.001. That car really works well in the 1/8 mile. Bigdog was also laying down some stout 5.40's. Many Moparts members were there and going rounds This will be our last time out till Spring. Already can't wait for time to race again, have a feeling it is going to be a long Winter Good luck to everyone that has some more racing left poppaj

Attached picture 5567084-CIMG0365.jpg

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/26/09 02:50 AM

Quote:

Quick16?

Usally 6.40 or better will get you in the race. There was a large turnout of chassis cars and 6.02 was the bump we ended up #20 so we got bumped to S/P. You should come down and check out the track, Mike Fouts does a great job of running the track.

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/26/09 11:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quick16?

You two need to take up knitting or Bingo or something so you will have someone to gossip with. We probably had a lousy day by your standards we only went four rounds in Super Pro and Four rounds in Pro. We had our best 60' @ 1.31 flat. We ran between 6.20-6.23 every pass. I was pleased with the consistency of the car. Casey's R/T times were good as well ranging from .015-.034. We had a great time and got to see some friends before the snow starts flying. Smackpup also had his best 60' @ 1.21 he ran a best of 6.001. That car really works well in the 1/8 mile. Bigdog was also laying down some stout 5.40's. Many Moparts members were there and going rounds This will be our last time out till Spring. Already can't wait for time to race again, have a feeling it is going to be a long Winter Good luck to everyone that has some more racing left poppaj

so i guess thats all its gota 6.20 correct?
i ran all day yesterday with a 6.213 and a 6.220,6.208 with a 9.76 et with a pump gas my pump gas motor. 1.339 60 foot at 136.46.
did you still use your throttle stop in the quick 16 class? oh i forgot you got bumped to S/P.
yep its going to be a long winter.

Attached picture 5567443-NENDRAatIsland10.25.09072.JPG
Posted By: POZEST

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/26/09 02:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dan - do they usually run 1/4 or 1/8 mi at that event? As I understand it's a 1/4 mi track. Never been to Kil-Kare.

Kilkare will be running all 8th mile at this race.

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/26/09 02:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quick16?

so i guess thats all its gota 6.20 correct?
i ran all day yesterday with a 6.213 and a 6.220,6.208 with a 9.76 et with a pump gas my pump gas motor. 1.339 60 foot at 136.46.
did you still use your throttle stop in the quick 16 class? oh i forgot you got bumped to S/P.
yep its going to be a long winter.

Chris, when I grow up I want to be just like you!! You are the man!!!!

Maybe one day you will get out of the first round tho...

Casey

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/26/09 04:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kilkare will be running all 8th mile at this race.

Thanks for information! Didn't mean to hijack thread.

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/26/09 10:13 PM

All I know for sure is it is faster than any of your cars By the way, How did the Nedra race turnout Did that guy in the 62'mopar drill all of you again Next year just have his name engraved on all the 1st place trophies, maybe the engraver will give you a deal on them

Attached picture 5568397-PRP1.jpg

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/26/09 11:03 PM

Kil-Kare is 1/8 Mile, It's a great hooking track and fast, We are going on Saturday But they are running Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Attached picture 5568478-DARTINDY.jpg

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/26/09 11:47 PM

Quote:

All I know for sure is it is faster than any of your cars By the way, How did the Nedra race turnout Did that guy in the 62'mopar drill all of you again Next year just have his name engraved on all the 1st place trophies, maybe the engraver will give you a deal on them

PROVE IT THEN., SHOW ME A PASS FASTER THAN A 9.22-THATS ALL!
TALK IS CHEAP!
worst light was a .035 5 ROUNDS

every time you make that statement you look like a complete fool.
i race every weekend.did you already put your junk away, or did you blow it up again?
i still got 5 more races.
you go POOPAJ!!!

Attached picture 5568614-NENDRAatIsland10.25.09035.JPG

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/27/09 12:00 AM

POOPAJ-
this is for you a 11:0 compressiion pump gas car versus your 15:1 588 car.
whats wrong with this picture?
same ET & mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNwCpyaDV7U

Attached picture 5568633-NENDRAatIsland10.25.09031.JPG
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/27/09 12:40 AM

It got a hemi in it and runs 11.00 WOW I am impressed LOL my junk on pump gas runs that!
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/27/09 12:44 AM

Quote:

every time you make that statement you look like a complete fool.

Every time you open your mouth around here you look like a fool..But thats ok gives us other 500-600 members here something to talk and laugh about at the track.. your a fool son .. and your mouth show it..

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/27/09 12:47 AM

Quote:

It got a hemi in it and runs 11.00 WOW I am impressed LOL my junk on pump gas runs that!

11:1 COMPRESSION EINSTEIN!! 9.76
are you related to poopaj? hillbilly
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race *DELETED* - 10/27/09 01:07 AM

Post deleted by tboomer
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/27/09 01:08 AM

My bad, looks like someone figured it out before me on that page.

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race *DELETED* - 10/27/09 01:12 AM

Post deleted by tboomer

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/27/09 01:53 AM

Quote:

Kil-Kare is 1/8 Mile, It's a great hooking track and fast, We are going on Saturday But they are running Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks! May try to go if I get the "honey do" list knowcked down a bit.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/28/09 12:34 AM

No knitting here, I've taken up bird watching again, much more relaxing.

You've really got that car 60 footing at a 1.31, very impressive. Usually a quick16 class is full of 7 and 8 second cars(1/4 mile), that's why I wondered why you were entering.

I'm definitely gonna go to Mt. Vernon next summer, seems like alot of Moparts guys go there now.
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/28/09 01:45 AM

Actually the car ran dead-on both rounds at Mt Vernon and even last week at Trails. On with a 1 1st round and on with a 3 2nd round. Just some bad racing luck lately. I think my opponets worst light (in a losing round) has been about .006.

Last Saturday at Trails I was like .003, .006, .013 and all my opponets were waaay off. Then I go .040 and my opponet kills me with a .010 and dead-on in Rd 4. Sunday at Trails I went -.001 ...ouch. Same deal this week Rd 1 I'm .013 and on with a 1 (opponet goes Red). 2nd round I snooze with a .060 to his .006. Again On with a 3.

I can't complain though I had amazing year. I think I won 5 or 6 races and at one point went like 22 rounds in a row. So I figure its just lady luck getting even.

I think its time to put my car on a diet over the winter with some Strange brakes and new dash.

I gotta get more details about what happened to John's car though.

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/28/09 01:57 AM

Quote:

No knitting here, I've taken up bird watching again, much more relaxing.

You've really got that car 60 footing at a 1.31, very impressive. Usually a quick16 class is full of 7 and 8 second cars(1/4 mile), that's why I wondered why you were entering.

I'm definitely gonna go to Mt. Vernon next summer, seems like alot of Moparts guys go there now.

Come on down next year You will like the track..There is always a good group of Mopar racers at the track. I am happy with the way the car is setup, as long as the track is halfway decent the car leaves well..

Attached picture 5570947-CIMG0365.jpg

Re: Mt Vernon Holloween Race - 10/28/09 02:21 AM

Yep, the Whomping Wedge is leaving good, very hard and consistent,a lot of weight to get moving that quick and it looks the same run after run! Shawn you're probably right, but it was about the same time you went to e-85, We all know what it feels like when that luck turns on you, Some days you couldn't lose if you tried and other times you can't win a round out of the buy back lane with a 5 thou package. Keep the chin up!
© 2024 Moparts Forums