Moparts

Winter Storage

Posted By: Barnstorm

Winter Storage - 10/25/09 01:17 AM

What do you do to prep your car for at least 6mo up north storage? Pole barns, trailers non heated?

Attached picture 5564986-mopar_resize.jpg
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Winter Storage - 10/25/09 02:04 AM

Winter Storage....what's that

Rickster
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Winter Storage - 10/25/09 02:23 AM

Quote:

What do you do to prep your car for at least 6mo up north storage? Pole barns, trailers non heated?

I dont think I'm going to put it in the shop so it'll
get to stay in the trailer on stands, anti freeze,
loosen the valves... maybe some stabil for the carb
Posted By: jamesc

Re: Winter Storage - 10/25/09 02:36 AM

i normally run the engine till it's nice and hot then change the oil/filter. refire the engine, dump some marvel mystery oil down the carb while feathering the throttle to get everything nice and oiled. shut it down, back off the rockers, drain the cooling system and carb, cover the carb/headers, put battery maintainer on the battery. you can put it on stands but remember it may squash rebound bumpers if you use them. don't forget varmints can be a problem.
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Winter Storage - 10/25/09 02:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I dont think I'm going to put it in the shop so it'll
get to stay in the trailer on stands, anti freeze,
loosen the valves... maybe some stabil for the carb

MR P i wondered about the stands and if you put a plate under it to help support it on the floor of the trailer.
i also just drain water,take out the valvetrain.i have an air to water intercooler i have to remove though so the whole blower deals comes inside on the endtable setup just like on the engine.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Winter Storage - 10/25/09 02:42 AM

Pump up the slicks to 20 lbs.. winch it into the trailer and head south. Kinda cold on the coast today, only 74

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Winter Storage - 10/25/09 02:51 AM

MR P i wondered about the stands and if you put a plate under it to help support it on the floor of the trailer.
i also just drain water,take out the valvetrain.i have an air to water intercooler i have to remove though so the whole blower deals comes inside on the endtable setup just like on the engine.

I have some 3/4 plywood pieces for my stands to sit,
no problems... I have diamond plate floor over the
wood floor so I just dont want it all scratched up
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: Winter Storage - 10/25/09 02:47 PM

Thats all good. Helps alot to continuosly run a small fan in my non vented trailer [but not air tight] for condensation issues. I also fog the motor with Marvel or Deep Creep.
© 2024 Moparts Forums