Moparts

A big thanks to DRAM & RyanJ

Posted By: a408swinger

A big thanks to DRAM & RyanJ - 10/14/09 06:15 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to both of those guys DRAM (pistons and rings) and RyanJ for the 360-1 cnc RP's (heads). Both helped me out and were great to deal with, and spent the time needed to make sure I got what I needed the first time. I got the motor running now and Dynoe'd this past Sat. It's only 410" and made 573 to the tires on a dyno jet without even touching the carb so I know there is more to be had. Not bad for a fairly little motor by todays standard. The heads were worth 43 rwhp over my extensively hand ported 360-1's. I would recommend both of those guys to anyone who needs any parts or advise.
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: A big thanks to DRAM & RyanJ - 10/14/09 06:19 PM

Good to hear!
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: A big thanks to DRAM & RyanJ - 10/14/09 08:28 PM

I agree both are stand up guys.
Posted By: RyanJ

Re: A big thanks to DRAM & RyanJ - 10/14/09 08:48 PM

Glad to see it picked up as much as it did, as I know your "hand ported" -1's were not your basic run of mill port job. Glad that the effort was worth the reward.

Re: A big thanks to DRAM & RyanJ - 10/14/09 09:08 PM

Quote:

Glad to see it picked up as much as it did, as I know your "hand ported" -1's were not your basic run of mill port job. Glad that the effort was worth the reward.

Thanks Ryan, Im glad I went the route I did. I put the cam in @ 104.5 (5.5 degrees advanced) and it moved my power band down to a managable 7400 rpm shift point (Peak power was @ 7200). It was the most power put down on their dyno by a 410" or smaller motor that was N/A so far. The only ones that made any more were 434" or larger with exotic heads. None made any more power per cube than mine did and Im running a shelf cam from Comp. They were impressed to say the least and I was very happy
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: A big thanks to DRAM & RyanJ - 10/14/09 09:12 PM

Those are impressive rwhp #'s, sounds like you have a very strong, properly built engine.

Keep us posted on how it does at the track.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: A big thanks to DRAM & RyanJ - 10/14/09 10:58 PM

good deal. Ryan has a cnc now?
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: A big thanks to DRAM & RyanJ - 10/15/09 02:27 AM

WoW...that car was fast before?
should be even better?
where you been running it lately?
cheapst.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: A big thanks to DRAM & RyanJ - 10/15/09 11:53 AM

Tom, it sounds like you've got that thing running great. i was sure you'd like the custom pistons and the ring pack we spec'd for you but, it's always great to get some feedback after the sale. i really appreciate the kind words.
if those numbers are from a box stock carb, i'm sure there's more power yet to be found. good luck with it.

Re: A big thanks to DRAM & RyanJ - 10/15/09 02:30 PM

Quote:

WoW...that car was fast before?
should be even better?
where you been running it lately?
cheapst.

I just got it put back together. I had hurt a couple pistons a while back and I put it back together with some cobbled up Ross pistons (They made them wrong, then tried to "Fix" them and wound up nothing like I ordered). I took it back apart after about 2 times to the track and got DRAM to get me a set of custom Diamond's that I was very happy with and we changed my ring package as well. It made a lot more power and torque with the new heads and pistons. 573 to the tires without touching the carb. Its a King Demon that has 96's square and it was still lean! lol
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: A big thanks to DRAM & RyanJ - 10/15/09 08:30 PM

funny thing about killer flowing heads and the right cam..
it will accept the fuel..
thats just hp potential...potentially..
cheapst.
© 2024 Moparts Forums