Moparts

Mopar race & show Nov. 14th MIR Roll Call

Posted By: Kindafast

Mopar race & show Nov. 14th MIR Roll Call - 10/11/09 09:34 PM

Is it too early for a roll call on this show? I am really looking forward to it this year. Maybe my junk will finally make it into the 10s. Who else is going?
Posted By: StewartP

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/11/09 09:46 PM

Where and when is this race and show, for us barbarians that live in Florida ?

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/11/09 10:42 PM

Big Yearly race and show. It's at Maryland International Raceway in Budds Creek Maryland. Check out the flyer at Maryland International Raceways site.
Posted By: preddy

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/12/09 12:26 AM

I will be there. I missed last year due to a work emergency and I will not be denied this year!
Posted By: BEEQUIK

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/12/09 12:58 AM

I am really bummed,I have to go to a wedding that day!! I guess this is my year to miss a couple of the good shows.Take lotsa pictures for me.There are gonna be nostalgia drags the weekend before that in Waynesboro va at eastside speedway.Up for that one Joe??About 1.5 hours west of Richmond right out I-64.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/12/09 01:16 AM

That sounds like fun but I have to get back to work on a person we all knows GTX so it can be ready for Christmas.
Posted By: Darrell

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 12:31 AM

Yep, I'll be there! The MIR show is my favorite besides my home show at VMP! This show keeps getting better every year and I love it! I hope it is cool enough so I can run Footbrake and Street. See you there!
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 01:10 AM

I will be there. http://www.mirdrag.com
http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/schedule/calendar/2009/09-10/09-10-31.htm

Attached picture 5543580-Diamond_Jim6_800.jpg
Posted By: BradH

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 01:43 AM

Count me in.
Posted By: webemopes

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 01:44 AM

track champions are only allowed to spectate ::cbiggrinongrats jim hope to see everybody there.and darrell,your passenger said something about a wedding,can`t you convince him to ride along again so you have somebody to talk to?
Posted By: QuickDart 502

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 03:31 AM

YO Joe,I'll be ready one way or the other. I cant wait the car is running really well. I'm going to do some work to the scoop and make a 4 link adjustment to try to get the 60's in the 1.20s I hope.
Posted By: 383man

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 04:09 AM

Dont think I can make it. I would prefer a tow as its a 2 hour drive and I hate to break that far from home without a tow home. Ron
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 04:58 AM

Well, since my junk's broke, I may just drive the challenger down and run it in street if the weather's halfway decent.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 05:19 AM

If I get loose from work, I'll be there.
Can't make it this Saturday to Atco's Nostalgic event because of work, plus the weather may charge up.
Posted By: 572stealth

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 10:13 AM

Well since I can't race the GTX I guess I'll bring the Duster.
Posted By: SealockRacing

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 10:57 AM

ill be there working on bunny burketts car.

the 'cuda wont make it this year, i really wish i could get it done in time...

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 11:19 AM

Quote:

track champions are only allowed to spectate ::cbiggrinongrats jim

I was thinking of putting mufflers on and running both Street and Modified... I already have the headlights, tail lights, brake lights, etc. But maybe I should just concentrate on one thing.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 11:26 AM

Quote:

Well since I can't race the GTX I guess I'll bring the Duster.

Don't worry about that GTX or the Duster just bring the tires.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 11:30 AM

Quote:

YO Joe,I'll be ready one way or the other. I cant wait the car is running really well. I'm going to do some work to the scoop and make a 4 link adjustment to try to get the 60's in the 1.20s I hope.

Ron, don't work it too much let's really concentrate on the important things . And then we can watch Kurt turn different shades of red.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 11:32 AM

Quote:

I will be there. http://www.mirdrag.com
http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/schedule/calendar/2009/09-10/09-10-31.htm

Jim thanks for posting the flyer . But you are not allowed to compete with us this year.
Posted By: lowbudget

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 12:03 PM

Were going to miss the show for the first time in years (thanks to ATI)However, my girlfriend may race her Durango!
Posted By: Bill_LBSR

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 12:58 PM

Would have had my car there, but the engine builder still doesnt have the engine done........its only been a year or so......its the first time we aren't going to have a car at this race in a long time.......

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 01:19 PM

bill,have glenn show his car like he was going to last year.he doesn`t need a tranny for that.i`ll even help push.i know how much you guys look forward to this show.one of our favorites too.how was o.c.last weekend?

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 01:32 PM

Yeh but that would mean Glenn would have to clean the car.......lol. Yeh it sucks we arent going to be running there, its always something. OC was a good time, not as big as the one in May but still alot cars showed up.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 01:41 PM

any word on the tranny deal? didn`t hear if you guys figured out the problem or not.with ati being so close,they should be able to do a little better customer service.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 03:10 PM

Those guys at ATI seem clueless as to what the problem is. I've narrowed it down to the bolt on bellhousing. The flywheel and spacer they give you to use puts the flywheel out 1.5" off the back of the block. When the converter is in the trans all I have is 3/4" from the converter to end of the bellhousing. So its not going to bolt up to the block with only 3/4" clearance we are missing 3/4" to 1" off the front of the bell housing for some reason. I even bolted up his bellhousing to my powerglide case and its the same problem. There shouldn't be any difference in depth between the big block bellhousing and the small block one but for some reason there is. They said they are looking into it but we havent heard anything back from them and we dont know anyone with a small block mopar thats running one of these ATI Supercases.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 03:34 PM

Quote:

Dont think I can make it. I would prefer a tow as its a 2 hour drive and I hate to break that far from home without a tow home.

Just drive the thing down from B'more and run it anyway. Bring a credit card in case you need to have it hauled home "just in case", but you know the odds of that happening are really slim.

And don't let the fact that I'll be driving a car that's a full second quicker than yours the 160-mile round trip to MIR influence you... /

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 03:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dont think I can make it. I would prefer a tow as its a 2 hour drive and I hate to break that far from home without a tow home.

Just drive the thing down from B'more and run it anyway. Bring a credit card in case you need to have it hauled home "just in case", but you know the odds of that happening are really slim.

And don't let the fact that I'll be driving a car that's a full second quicker than yours the 160-mile round trip to MIR influence you... /

Ouch

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 08:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ouch

Naahhh... I hope Ron understands this is an attempt at humor. I even thought I'd seen his car at 75-80 a couple weeks ago and made a point of going up to the owner to introduce myself, only to find out it was somebody else in the area w/ a similar looking car.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/14/09 11:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

And I thought the Mopar people here at Moparts were my friends. Ron

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/15/09 12:49 AM

Joe, I think Jim has a good idea. i think I will run both street and modified. That way if I go out early in both that will make the Beam taste even better. I just hope I dont party till I

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/18/09 01:16 AM

Quote:

and darrell,your passenger said something about a wedding,can`t you convince him to ride along again so you have somebody to talk to?

I'm working on it! He is like the Mopar show photographer and he does a great job.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 10/18/09 01:42 AM

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/18/09 04:35 PM

hey fred,since you will be in the area i would defineately make it a point to take in this show if at all possible.great track,great people,and a growing turnout every year.track prep is good and they don`t mess around and have you setting in lanes for long periods.great show and one we look forward to.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/18/09 11:33 PM

Hey Joe , I'll bring the drink, you bring the mixer. I worked on the car today, Everything looks good but I still need to pull the trailer with the motorhome and see how she handles. I'll be there one way or the other.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/19/09 12:53 AM

Quote:

Hey Joe , I'll bring the drink, you bring the mixer. I worked on the car today, Everything looks good but I still need to pull the trailer with the motorhome and see how she handles. I'll be there one way or the other.

Good deal let me know what I should bring. My junk is about ready just change the starter and change the oil. Hopefully everything else is ready. Really looking forward to seeing you and Sherry there.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/19/09 01:14 AM

Sherri likes diet 7 up. Ill bring the Beam and the Goodies.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/19/09 01:42 AM

i should be there

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/19/09 02:00 AM

Come on Fish you are more than welcome. Joe you still planning on leaving on Friday?

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/19/09 07:09 AM

Fish. I'm rooting for you on the 25th against that pesky Chevrolet.
Talk and lock a good race before you start the car!
Posted By: FOOLISH_PLEASURE

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/19/09 05:25 PM

Race car has way to many runs on the motor to run it 1/4 mile ,so I think I am going to run my street car
Posted By: bdaz smblk

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/19/09 11:04 PM

Quote:

i should be there

One bad fish look me up were going to be there.Kenny

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/19/09 11:54 PM

Quote:

Come on Fish you are more than welcome. Joe you still planning on leaving on Friday?

We will check the weather and if it's going to be good we are leaving friday late afternoon to get a head start on the .

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/20/09 12:54 AM

Man, I hope I get to run some of you guys first round! I don't start drinking till after 4th round! Just ask Beequek how fast I can through the race out the window!

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/20/09 01:57 AM

Quote:

Man, I hope I get to run some of you guys first round! I don't start drinking till after 4th round! Just ask Beequek how fast I can through the race out the window!

Heck fourth round Im starting to drink for the second time. The first buzz has allready worn off.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/20/09 03:05 AM

Joe I plan on going rounds as well so I guess I'd better run with one eye open.
Posted By: 572stealth

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/21/09 12:12 AM

Sounds like Octoberfest at MIR!

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/22/09 03:33 AM

HEy Joe, Im practicing for next Saturday. Holy crap! I gotta be at work at 4am. Well I guess its time for a glass of water and a Goodies. Bummer man!

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/26/09 01:07 PM

Quote:

Count me in.

I even washed the MoPig for the first time in 2 years and actually polished the wheels for the first time EVER in preparation for this Saturday.

Here's hoping Mother Nature is kind to us Mopar lovers, considering how wet things have been around here lately...

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/26/09 11:38 PM

Hey Brad come on over and say Hey to our gang while you are there.

Anybody else going?

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/27/09 12:57 AM

Weather providing, "The Brooklyn Dodges" will be there with a few cars. Mine included.
Wave as you go by us on the freeways. We're friendly folk, even though we trek from Brooklyn, NY.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/27/09 01:43 AM

on the flyer the creek mailed out has Bucky Hess's car on the front. are they going to have some of the AH cars here this year?

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/28/09 02:42 AM

Quote:

Here's hoping Mother Nature is kind to us Mopar lovers, considering how wet things have been around here lately...

And if the weather doesn't cooperate for Saturday, it should be fine by Sunday when there's an all-day test & tune event. So, one day or the other, I'll be at MIR.
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/28/09 10:33 AM

Hey do you guys think that about 8 F.A.S.T cars would be welcome(all mopars)? We have our last race at VMP on Friday and were thinking about hitting this show on the way home. Is there someone running the show or is the track handling it?

Any info would be appriciated.

Thanks
Ed Cook
Posted By: Otherlane

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/28/09 12:27 PM

It doesn't look good.rain with tstorms.i hope not because it will be hard to get runs in with test and tune on sunday....sucks

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/28/09 12:48 PM

Quote:

Hey do you guys think that about 8 F.A.S.T cars would be welcome(all mopars)?

Ed - It's MIR's annual Mopar event run by the track. If the weather cooperates, there's no reason NOT to come by w/ the F.A.S.T. Mopars.

More details here .

Also, here is the link from the track's web site to their local weather forecast for Saturday.
Posted By: lowbudget

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/28/09 02:41 PM

Quote:

It doesn't look good.rain with tstorms.i hope not because it will be hard to get runs in with test and tune on sunday....sucks

Well the weather looks great for Saturday now folks ...20% of rain with a high of 75!!

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USMD0266?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared
Posted By: DaveDudek

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/28/09 10:34 PM

It sure would be nice if we can get our own lane. I'll be following Ed and James Cook down, Joel Nystrom, Iggy Alonso, Harry, maybe Steve Hodges, Nasi, and others will probably be caravanning in right behind us. These are all of the fastest FAST cars in the Mopar camp, should be pretty cool...

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/28/09 11:05 PM

Dave and Ed, are you guys doing all your racing on Friday at VMP? If so call Royce Miller at MIR and let him know your plans. I was thinking you guys ran Sat. at VMP last year (which you did) but I forgot you got rained out that Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys run this Friday! From VMP to MIR, it will take you exactly 2 hours.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/28/09 11:12 PM

Man, I sure hope the skies stay clear.
It's a long trot for us Zoo Yorkerz.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/28/09 11:17 PM

Quote:

Man, I sure hope the skies stay clear.
It's a long trot for us Zoo Yorkerz.

Looks good as of now!!!!
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/29/09 08:25 PM

Talked to Royce today he said F.A.S.T can run!

Hope the weather holds and we'll see you guys on Saturday.

Ed

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/29/09 08:34 PM

i didn`t think royce or jason would have a problem with it.you will not be disappointed with the track or this show.as far as i`m concerned,mir and pittsburgh are two of the best run tracks around.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/29/09 11:37 PM

Royce is one of the best guy's in the business. He allways makes everyone feel welcome. Great track and good people all around.
Posted By: aarmaniac

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/30/09 12:08 AM

OK, now I am mad. Cars broke and can't make this with the rest of the F.A.S.T. guys. Maybe if we are invited next year we can make it. Hope everyone has fun.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/30/09 12:36 AM

Quote:

OK, now I am mad. Cars broke and can't make this with the rest of the F.A.S.T. guys. Maybe if we are invited next year we can make it. Hope everyone has fun.

Dang Gene, I was hoping to see your AAR again this year to inspire me to get mine out and do something with it! Whats broke? I have parts, I'm 4 miles from VMP, and I'm off tomorrow!
Posted By: aarmaniac

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/30/09 01:10 AM

We could push it and run but oil pressure has been dropping the last couple of races. Right now I think only bearings will be needed if "It" suddenly fails a lot more damage will be done. I must be getting old to be thinking this way. Hope to catch up with you next year Darrell. We should be running the Duster by then.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/30/09 05:37 PM

Loaded up and ready to go.See all of you tomorrow and have a safe trip.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/30/09 05:46 PM

I washed the truck and my street car this morning. Now I need to wash the race car and see about putting some bullet mufflers on it so I can run the street class and the Modified class.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/31/09 09:50 AM

Its raining! ((

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/31/09 11:34 AM

Very little on the radar near the track this morning. Hopefully they can get the track dried and the race in before the real rain comes tonight. They do have a jet dryer for the track.

Check the recorded "race line" for the latest info: 301-884-RACE (7223)
Posted By: Somerdale Flash

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/31/09 03:12 PM

Quote:

I washed the truck and my street car this morning. Now I need to wash the race car and see about putting some bullet mufflers on it so I can run the street class and the Modified class.

Was going to "Double up" at MIR also....
4 Hour Tow and the Weather forecast took care of that...LOL
Will run Mopars at Atco next sunday.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/31/09 04:22 PM

The mopar race has been moved to November 14th

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/31/09 04:23 PM

I hope they get the show in but I bailed out. I made it halfway running the wipers the whole time. When I got on 207 from 95 I hit a hard shower and lost my patience (to much coffee) and turned around.
The FAST guys got rained out last night at VMP and are suppost to finish today but it is still misting here.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/31/09 05:58 PM

Quote:

Yes. I was at the track and they were trying to dry the race surface, but a light mist of rain kept coming and going. They called it a rain out at Noon. Rescheduled for Sat Nov 14th.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/31/09 08:20 PM

up at 3 AM on the road by 4:30AM its a 3 hr ride. It started to rain in Saluda bummer When we got there at the track you could look at the weather and knew it was going to rainout
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 10/31/09 11:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes. I was at the track and they were trying to dry the race surface, but a light mist of rain kept coming and going. They called it a rain out at Noon. Rescheduled for Sat Nov 14th.

weather permitting, i'll be down with the 65 dodge. hoping to get a 9.0 pass.

Attached picture 5578668-HEMIREUNION69HEMIRR65DODGECORONET012.JPG

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/01/09 12:58 AM

feel bad for the zoo crew after they towed down from the bronks.we complain about 2 to 3 hr. tows and dem boyz roll over 6 hrs.would have liked to stop over and bs`ed with em but it was pretty congested over at the gate when we were leaving.can`t make it back in two weeks so everybody have fun and be safe.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/01/09 01:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

They called it a rain out at Noon. Rescheduled for Sat Nov 14th.

Well, what can you do with mother nature. Guess we'll have to try it again. I remember this same thing happening about 3-4 years ago and the rescheduled show was bigger than the prior show that was on schedule!

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/01/09 05:01 AM

Yeah, we towed from Brooklyn, New Jersey and the Bronx. 5-1/2 hrs to only sit and watch raindrops. My car never left the trailer. Bummer.
But had a ball catching up with some trash talk and bench racing. Had a great dinner with some of the other "Brooklyn Dodges" laughed it all off.
I'll be at Atco next week if I can free up.
Maybe try to make the MIR rain out date on the 14th.
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/02/09 01:13 AM

yep rain all the way down and allmost all the way up sucks put it happens will be at atco next week

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/02/09 05:34 PM

Quote:

... I was at the track and they were trying to dry the race surface, but a light mist of rain kept coming and going. They called it a rain out at Noon. Rescheduled for Sat Nov 14th.

Grrr... I drove the Challenger down there hoping the crappy weather would clear out, only to end up paying my $$$ just to hang out w/ Jim and some others until they finally called it off. Watching the track crew run their "squeegee" and blower over the lanes while the rain was still coming down was a perfect example of the old expression "pissin' in the wind", as far as I was concerned.

I already knew I had other stuff that would conflict w/ getting back on the 14th, so this was my one chance for making the event this year. Oh, well...

For the F.A.S.T. guys that were wondering who it was that drove up in the Challenger, got out and yelled "Welcome to Maryland International Raceway!!!" as the rain was coming down, it was ME.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/02/09 08:47 PM

Heck we did worse than that. We showed up on friday night and should have raced the street race. I decided to hold out until Saturday . Of course it rained out. We fighued we might as well stay and try the test and tune Sunday. Well we all know how Sunday worked out. All and all it was fun to hang out with my buds and have a lot of but what a waste of money. We could have had that much fun in my driveway and kept my car dry and clean.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/03/09 09:57 PM

Anybody going back on the 14th ?

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/03/09 11:25 PM

Will try. I might be swamped with work. It's a long trek for me for one day.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/04/09 12:49 AM

Ofcourse I will be back. It is only 30 miles from my house. Hope to see a good turn out. The last time the MIR Mopar race was rained out, the rain date was good weather and a terrific car count.

Attached picture 5584999-Diamond_Jim6_800.jpg
Posted By: Kiner

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/04/09 01:18 AM

It was fun to drive 6 hours from The Bronx, to hang out for two hours.People were cool.
Might show up on the 14th.
How about the way back tunnel close to one lane.
Posted By: Avenger

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/09/09 10:08 PM

I finally got everything clear for this weekend. We will be there trying to put the small block in the quick 8 field. Weather is looking good so far.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/10/09 01:51 AM

Quote:

Ofcourse I will be back. It is only 30 miles from my house. Hope to see a good turn out. The last time the MIR Mopar race was rained out, the rain date was good weather and a terrific car count.

So who's going this time? On the 31st, I was mired in day 2 of the flu and could not have made it across the room... never mind putting on my slicks and making it to the track. That H1N1 is no joke. However, I'm good to go now. Let's go racing!!!! Does anyone know if the F.A.S.T. guys are coming??

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/12/09 01:51 PM

As I posted above, I wasn't (and am still not) going to be able to attend. However, y'all better keep a close eye on the weekend weather forecast 'cuz the Noreaster that's rolling through the Mid-Atlantic region right now may not be clearing out on Saturday in time for the rescheduled event.

FYI, I will be there on Sunday for the test & tune event. I'm really hoping to get some more passes on the car for the year, considering Mother Nature has pissed on 3 of my 4 last attempts to get to the track w/ it this fall.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/12/09 02:01 PM

I'm not going through that again. Plus I might be booked on work, so there goes the season. there's always next year.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/12/09 02:08 PM

I'll be there...not in the Charger (broke) but the Magnum. Bring some money...I have parts to sell....

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/12/09 03:12 PM

Again! the forecast for friday is rain than sat its suppose to be 61.another weather site said showers in the morning and clearing out.No more rain please,im so looking forward to this race

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/12/09 03:34 PM

Been looking foward to this for a long time. But as luck would have it we are in the middle of the nor'easter. Flood in the garage and almost in the house again. So it looks like my weekend will be cleaning up the mess.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/12/09 05:13 PM

So to hear that joe was hoping to see you there
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/12/09 06:03 PM

The FAST class will not be there. Maybe next year

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/12/09 09:48 PM

Quote:

The FAST class will not be there. Maybe next year

Bummer!! I was hoping to see you guys and your awesome cars. I hope Mother Nature gives us break and we get this in. I know a lot of local Mopar racers are planning to attend. I had to miss last year's event due to work and it killed me.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/13/09 12:23 AM

I am committed...
to be there!

But I live only 30 miles away.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/13/09 12:47 AM

I just can't see any racing happening on Sat. at Budds Creek. I know they have a blower but with 3 days of hard rain, at the best they could run 1/8 mile. Me and Beequick were planning to go to kentucky to buy a car on Friday and that fell through also. Another bad weekend as usuel for me!

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/13/09 01:03 AM

Quote:

I just can't see any racing happening on Sat. at Budds Creek. I know they have a blower but with 3 days of hard rain, at the best they could run 1/8 mile. Me and Beequick were planning to go to kentucky to buy a car on Friday and that fell through also. Another bad weekend as usuel for me!

Come to my neck of the woods and see what bad lucks looks like

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/13/09 02:13 AM

Yea Joe, I know you guys are getting it over your way. Hope you guys make out ok.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/13/09 03:00 AM

Hey Joe, I hope you and Judy have you life preservers on man it is really ugly over here.But luckily the power is still on and the drinks are cold. Thank god for a car lift in the garage the Dart is high and dry.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/13/09 04:34 PM

The rain and the wind gust is unreal today. I don't see the mopar event will happen tomorrow. look forward to having it sunday at the TNT

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/13/09 11:54 PM

ill be up there in the morning with bunny and the boys.

royce is pretty good with clean up... if its possible to get the track dry tommorow, hes going to try.

see whoever shows up tommorow there lol

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/14/09 12:10 AM

From www.mirdrag.com

11/13/09:::::::"Mopar Eastern Classic Is On Schedule!

The Mopar Eastern Classic is on as scheduled! The storm is moving out with only a 30% chance of a lingering drizzle in the morning and then dry the rest of the day. So gear up those Mopar cars and gather up those Mopar parts and merchandise and head out to Budds Creek for this exciting event!

w00p!

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/14/09 01:00 AM

Once again, I hope you guys get it in but I'm staying home. I just can't see any racing happening tomorrow, people bringing parts or show cars showing up. Good luck!
Posted By: gtsdon

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/14/09 01:35 AM

Hey Joe! If it makes you feel better I will not be at the show either. I had 30" of water in my garage so it’s clean up time instead. FoxHill got pounded hard with over 10” of rain and 5’ higher than normal tides. Luckily I moved the Dart to a friend’s house last Wednesday for dry keeping. Good luck with the clean up.

Bubba.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/14/09 10:15 AM

I don't see the race happening but if it does it will be 1/8 mile racing.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/14/09 12:38 PM

I don't see any rain on the weather radar. But the ground is damp from overnight.

Track recording 301-884-RACE
Gate opening postponed until 10am. The recording will be updated at 8:30am.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/14/09 01:12 PM

The race today is cancelled.

I got a phone call from somebody who is waiting in line at the gate.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/14/09 01:24 PM

Quote:

The race today is cancelled.

I got a phone call from somebody who is waiting in line at the gate.

@$#$@@!!! Mother Nature just peed in our Cheerios - AGAIN! #$@$@!@!!@

Wait - Jim, the web site doesn't say its canceled. It says:

11/13/09:::::::"Mopar Eastern Classic Is On Hold

The Mopar Eastern Classic is on hold as we watch the weather. Gate opening time has been moved to 10:00 am. Dragline will be updated again at 8:30 am.

FSCK! Ok, just called the drag line. The race has been canceled and moved to next Saturday. 11/21/09

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/14/09 01:30 PM

The mopar race has been moved to nov 21.
Posted By: JACK1440

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/14/09 07:05 PM

I'm headed to Capitol with the cuda' tomorrow for a little t & t. just thought I'd metion that for all the MD racers. always like to have a good showing of the mopars.... hoping for the 1st 9.99 tomorrow.

Re: Mopar race & show Oct 31st MIR Roll Call - 11/14/09 09:41 PM

Good luck on the 9 Jack. Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums