Moparts

PVC Question

Posted By: TheOtherDodge

PVC Question - 10/09/09 02:57 AM

Tonight, I got on the 94 a bit (see https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...vc=#Post5533757). When I got it back in the garage, I saw oil all over the place under the hood. It is pushing up through the dipstick tube.

I have a PVC and it worked fine until I really started to hammer on the truck like I did tonight.

I know under WOT there is no vacuum so the PVC is useless and that is where the problem is. Are you guys putting a breather on 1 VC to help with this? If not, what are yall doing, short of a vacuum pump?

Thanks!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: PVC Question - 10/09/09 03:06 AM

I run a pvc on one side and a k&n breather on the other and it works fine even at wot. When I ran breathers only, I never had the issues you`re having w/blowing the dipstick out......... seems like a bit too much crank care pressure to me.
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: PVC Question - 10/09/09 03:08 AM

"When I ran breathers only, I never had the issues you`re having w/blowing the dipstick out......... seems like a bit too much crank care pressure to me. "

But remember, under WOT, there is no vacuum for the PVC to work, so nowhere for the crank case pressure to vent...except out the dipstick tube!

On your setup, which I will prob have to do, your PVC does most of the work at part throttle. Under WOT, the breather allows the crankcase pressure to vent.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: PVC Question - 10/09/09 04:08 AM

Have you changed the PCV(positive crankcase ventilation)
if so, you do know there is more than 1 PCV... 1
for a V-8 and 1 for a 4 banger... you might have the
small one
Posted By: Lil Wedge

Re: PVC Question - 10/09/09 10:47 AM

I know in the stock eliminator classes, they are not allowed to run a evac system, (hoses to headers) and most of the fast Mopars small blocks I have seen run 2 hi flow pcv's. I tried on my car and and no problems and it ran the same as the evac.

Attached picture 5534079-INDYCUDA.jpg
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: PVC Question - 10/09/09 03:18 PM

i run a pcv valve on one side and two breathers on the other. no problems at the track, or anywhere else. my guess is you have inadequate breather capacity for w.o.t., or too much blowby, or possibly an incorrect/malfunctioning pcv valve.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: PVC Question - 10/09/09 03:22 PM

Quote:

Have you changed the PCV(positive crankcase ventilation)
if so, you do know there is more than 1 PCV... 1
for a V-8 and 1 for a 4 banger... you might have the
small one

Glad someone fixed the acronym. I use a hi flo PCV in one valve cover and a large breather ( with a vent hose down by the frame rail ) on the other. Under normal engine operation, I run a slight vacuum in the crankcase. At WOT for 1/4 mile the pressure goes positive and vents out by the rail.
© 2024 Moparts Forums