Moparts

Hey Chassis Guys NHRA cert. on 25.3 spec.

Posted By: BobsProFab

Hey Chassis Guys NHRA cert. on 25.3 spec. - 10/09/09 12:18 AM

any chassis builders out there in different parts of the states got a 25.3 cert. done yet.

my tech insp. said hey wouldnt do one yet till he has the info and go ahead from his up above guys in the NHRA

Bob
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Hey Chassis Guys NHRA cert. on 25.3 spec. - 10/09/09 12:24 AM

Quote:

any chassis builders out there in different parts of the states got a 25.3 cert. done yet.

my tech insp. said hey wouldnt do one yet till he has the info and go ahead from his up above guys in the NHRA

Bob

Bob you can order the spec sheets from SFI for $35
to take with you
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: Hey Chassis Guys NHRA cert. on 25.3 spec. - 10/09/09 12:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Bob

to take with you

....or just order the entire book.....you'll need it eventually.
http://www.sfifoundation.com/
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: Hey Chassis Guys NHRA cert. on 25.3 spec. - 10/09/09 01:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bob

to take with you

read it a little closer guys.

i have all the spec books

the tech guy will not cert. it till he gets the go ahead.

just wondering if any other chassis guys has got one done yet by there region tech inspector.

Bob

Re: Hey Chassis Guys NHRA cert. on 25.3 spec. - 10/09/09 02:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bob

to take with you

read it a little closer guys.

i have all the spec books

the tech guy will not cert. it till he gets the go ahead.

just wondering if any other chassis guys has got one done yet by there region tech inspector.

Bob

Why HASN'T he got the go ahead? The revisions are done and it's set in stone..SFI writes it...NHRA adopts it...sounds like he's scared...LOL...maybe time for a new tech guy? ...it was revised on Sept 1st...adopted for publication on September 3rd...it's good to go !
Posted By: Ben Holt

Re: Hey Chassis Guys NHRA cert. on 25.3 spec. - 10/09/09 03:19 AM

Who is your NHRA inspector?
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 10/09/09 07:51 AM

Posted By: DakFink

Re: Hey Chassis Guys NHRA cert. on 25.3 spec. - 10/09/09 11:49 AM

Quote:

Bob

what is the difference in this and the 25.1 and 25.2.

Small changes or too BIG to describe here?

What ET/MPH is the 25.3 good to?

Is that the SFI your building my chassis to?

I always thought SFI and NHRA/IHRA worked together to set these standards? Makes no since that IHRA would have already adopted it and NHRA is still dragging their feet.

Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 10/09/09 12:45 PM

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Hey Chassis Guys NHRA cert. on 25.3 spec. - 10/09/09 02:07 PM

We were told that 25.3 was primarily done for the Drag Radial Crowd. Many of those combos have to weigh in excess of 3200lbs fo they had no cert faster than 7.50. As most know they are going faster than that alreadyso they need a cert to accomodate the cars already out there..

Re: Hey Chassis Guys NHRA cert. on 25.3 spec. - 10/09/09 05:03 PM

Quote:

while SFI has written the spec NHRA has not adopted it yet and doesn't expect to have all the details worked out until January. IHRA has accepted it

Following link has more info

WOW.....NHRA is really going slack jaw....I've never seen NHRA hold onto an SFI spec for over a month. Especially a chassis cert one....glad I'm out of the business and just a casual racer.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Hey Chassis Guys NHRA cert. on 25.3 spec. - 10/09/09 06:28 PM

Quote:

We were told that 25.3 was primarily done for the Drag Radial Crowd. Many of those combos have to weigh in excess of 3200lbs fo they had no cert faster than 7.50. As most know they are going faster than that alreadyso they need a cert to accomodate the cars already out there..

Al is right. This spec is directed right at the Outlaw Drag Radial Cars. Been a problem here for years. Some big races, such as Orlando Street Finals, require these cars to weigh 3200-3400, yet some are running in the 6s, so there was not a spec to cover this. For the average guy, 25.5 is still the most common spec.

Monte
© 2024 Moparts Forums