Moparts

fuel siphoning from the acc squirter.

Posted By: dartman366

fuel siphoning from the acc squirter. - 10/07/09 10:23 PM

while revving the motor up slowly and watching the squirter it all of a sudden start's spewing fuel from the hole's, what is the best way to fix this as I know it has to be making the car pig rich going down the track.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: fuel siphoning from the acc squirter. - 10/07/09 10:24 PM

I would check the pump arm first and make sure its not to tight
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: fuel siphoning from the acc squirter. - 10/07/09 10:31 PM

There should be a small, thin pointed cylinder in the squirter passage below the squirter screw. It points down to close the passage and keeps fuel from being siphoned out by vacuum. It is small enough to where it is not a restriction and is pushed up by the fuel from the accellerator pump.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: fuel siphoning from the acc squirter. - 10/07/09 10:35 PM

Quote:

I would check the pump arm first and make sure its not to tight

not a lot more that can make it do that. check fuel pressure also.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: fuel siphoning from the acc squirter. - 10/07/09 10:44 PM

If that little check valve below the squirter is not seating or sticking the venturaes and intake signal will draw fuel.Make sure it is free and clean and the squirter and gasket is seated and not leaking.
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: fuel siphoning from the acc squirter. - 10/07/09 10:50 PM

switching to the squirters with the tubes sticking into the ventury is 1 way to stop it.if you have had the carb for a while and it just started well you may have another problem.
Posted By: CokeBottleKid

Re: fuel siphoning from the acc squirter. - 10/07/09 11:19 PM

Quote:

There should be a small, thin pointed cylinder in the squirter passage below the squirter screw. It points down to close the passage and keeps fuel from being siphoned out by vacuum. It is small enough to where it is not a restriction and is pushed up by the fuel from the accellerator pump.

5 bucks says he lost the check valve .

Failing that they do make anti-pull over squirters for this reason...
Posted By: dartman366

Re: fuel siphoning from the acc squirter. - 10/07/09 11:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

5 bucks says he lost the check valve .

Failing that they do make anti-pull over squirters for this reason...

Check valve is in place, don't know if it has been doing this for awhile or not , this is the first time we have done this, as we were trying to locate a miss, and reved it up a little and held it there steady when it started doing it.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: fuel siphoning from the acc squirter. - 10/08/09 08:29 PM

Sounds like there may be a small piece of someting stuck in between the check valve and the check valve seat That or the check valve is in upside down Pointy end goes down
Posted By: CJK440

Re: fuel siphoning from the acc squirter. - 10/09/09 07:28 PM

I think older holleys used a ball with a cylindrical weight stacked on top.
Posted By: 383man

Re: fuel siphoning from the acc squirter. - 10/09/09 10:40 PM

Quote:

I think older holleys used a ball with a cylindrical weight stacked on top.

Yes they did you are correct. That is the acc pump discharge check valve or ball as they call it. It lifts up when fuell is pushed up to it by the acc pump when you step on the gas. But it needs to seat when off the gas as the pump draws fuel back into its plunger circuit and it it dont seat it can draw air in also and cause a stumble. And as said it can cause fuel to siphon out. Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums