Moparts

Rod bearings for BME rods

Posted By: orangedustya

Rod bearings for BME rods - 10/07/09 08:04 PM

Does anyone have a part number for rod bearings for small block bill miller aluminum rods. The local speed shop here says clevite doesn't make a dowelled bearing and I need bearings with the hole in the center of the rod cap.
Thanks, Brad
Posted By: WadeMetzinger

Re: Rod bearings for BME rods - 10/07/09 08:53 PM

I'm not sure if they make one or not but in the past I've just made my own dowel holes in the bearings. The machine shop should be able to do it much more precisely that what I did. I just took a stock cap drilled out a hole where the dowel would be on the BME rods and then put the bearing in the cap and drilled it and then used de-burring tools to clean them up.

I've done this several times and never had any trouble but the machine shop should be able to do this much more accurately.
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Rod bearings for BME rods - 10/08/09 01:09 AM

Child and Albert has the bearings last time I checked.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Rod bearings for BME rods - 10/08/09 01:24 AM

Quote:

Child and Albert has the bearings last time I checked.

i think they're out of business last i heard.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Rod bearings for BME rods - 10/08/09 01:55 AM

I bet BME could point you in the right direction

Rickster
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: Rod bearings for BME rods - 10/08/09 01:21 PM

Indy or one of thier dealers has them.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Rod bearings for BME rods - 10/08/09 02:05 PM

We take an old junk connecting rod,indicate the dowel location drill a hole the same size and use it as a template to locate and drill the bearings. You can use a old dowel holed bearing to locate the hole in the rod cap.
Posted By: orangedustya

Re: Rod bearings for BME rods - 10/08/09 05:05 PM

Thanks guys, I have a bunch of old rod caps but no dowelled brgs. It took me two caps but got the second one right and it worked great. Thanks for the advice.
Brad
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Rod bearings for BME rods - 10/08/09 05:51 PM

Quote:

Thanks guys, I have a bunch of old rod caps but no dowelled brgs. It took me two caps but got the second one right and it worked great. Thanks for the advice.
Brad

© 2024 Moparts Forums