Moparts

V 10 stroker, anybody do one yet?

Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

V 10 stroker, anybody do one yet? - 10/05/09 05:47 PM

After seeing Ron making a 500 CI small block with Ryan J got me wondering what a V 10 with a 4. plus crank would make. Im not sure if the heads would be up to par but if you could get some 360-2 made to fit the v 10 then there might be a chance at a killer combo. So does anyone know how many CI could be had by stroking a v 10 to the max????? Thanks all...Phill
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: V 10 stroker, anybody do one yet? - 10/05/09 10:21 PM

Nobody
Posted By: Defbob

Re: V 10 stroker, anybody do one yet? - 10/05/09 11:25 PM

I want to see a 14/71 blower atop a V-10 with mechanical injection
Posted By: patrick

Re: V 10 stroker, anybody do one yet? - 10/06/09 12:30 AM

Quote:

After seeing Ron making a 500 CI small block with Ryan J got me wondering what a V 10 with a 4. plus crank would make. Im not sure if the heads would be up to par but if you could get some 360-2 made to fit the v 10 then there might be a chance at a killer combo. So does anyone know how many CI could be had by stroking a v 10 to the max????? Thanks all...Phill

well, max bore will probably be 4.03 or 4.06. max stroke would be the same as any LA stroker, probably 4.125 or so...would be 526CID....but then you're talking custom billet crank, and you're limited to truck or viper heads...
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: V 10 stroker, anybody do one yet? - 10/06/09 04:32 AM

Every one says they are based off the 360 but I never see the resemblence in any of the motors I have been involved in either truck or viper. They have a dry valley and very different bottom ends, I think they have less clearance than a SB just by eyeballing it.

You would need a custom billit crank and I have heard of a couple in the 4in range but not much more. I think most guys just want billit because they run 2 turbos on em and nitrous and ...

I don't know what the viper heads flow but they look way better than a truck head
Posted By: mike s

Re: V 10 stroker, anybody do one yet? - 10/06/09 06:04 AM

I agree with what has been said.The good..valve train (no LA lifter angle) and lite weight assy.The bad...it's Heavy (800 lbs+)and an odd fire engine. Viper cyl heads are the way to go. Forget the iron heads. The real problem with them is getting the oil back to the pan.There are no oil drains at the rear of the cyl head.The Hi-po version of the iron engine(never released)ran into oil press problems at only 4800 rpm. Some was due to the lack of a windage tray and the shallow oil pan. Some was due to the huge amount of oil trapped in the cyl head.All that aside I think a similar build (w/more camshaft& c.i.)to the Lemans Viper could make 800 h.p without being on kill in a Drag race mode.The engine responds well to mods as long as those issues are addressed.Rod Hall ran one (stock displacement) (maybe 650h.p.)in his off road Dodge truck.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 10/06/09 12:48 PM

Posted By: 67HEMI

Re: V 10 stroker, anybody do one yet? - 10/06/09 12:53 PM

A popular cubic inch is 522 with the Viper and SRT Ram guys. Stryker makes some good heads for them.
Posted By: McCandlessboy

Re: V 10 stroker, anybody do one yet? - 10/06/09 01:49 PM

I have a TT viper. I never take it over 6k rpms. The oil system is the big weakness. Should have probably done a dry sump, but didn't at the time. This is probably the most turbo friendly application ever for a dodge.
© 2024 Moparts Forums