Moparts

Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86

Posted By: McCandlessboy

Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 02:20 PM

My old track had a promod show so I ran my car in an index class they had called 6.49. Everyone is dialed 6.49. I won the first round going 6.50 on a 6.49 on the brakes. Next round I went too fast, but realized I had picked up quite a bit of ET. I killed 20mph on that run. I started wondering if it was possible to run in the 5's on a 20" HRE rim and a REAL Nitto Invo street tire.

I came back and made 2 more passes. The first, I went 6.10. I turned it up JUST a little bit and went 5.86.

There were 3k people there, someone had to get video of it. If this was a 1/4 mile pass I would have ran in the 8's. Yes, an 8 second time on an INVO.

UnderGround Racing builds the best cars ever. I drove my car to the track, put C16 in it to be safe, ran it and drove it home without a single issue. I shifted the car at 5400 to be safe and NEVER HAD A SINGLE ISSUE. This is by far the fastest time for any viper on an Invo.

Shame I've already traded this car for another one haha.

Posted By: StrokerPost

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 02:28 PM

Impressive, congrats. You would not guess its capability by looking at it. If I ever get back into racing thats how I want to do it, with a drive it to and from the track deal. Sweet ride!
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 02:32 PM

Nice numbers. I'm guessing it's got a big top end charge because a 5.86 in my car is a low 9.

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 02:38 PM

It's twin turbo, I'm crossing pretty low through the 1/8th. I'm making one hell of a charge on the back half. We were joking in the index racing class because on the lowest setting I was .3 behind at the 330', but making it up by the finish line.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 02:50 PM

The 124 MPH is also evidence of a serious top end charge. Congrats again.
Posted By: Tig

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 02:51 PM

Awesome

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 03:08 PM

The track was very good that night. The air was good, it was ideal conditions to be honest. No street cars were running, all promods and radial class's. They needed a little fill time and having owned the track 2 years previous, it made a good story. When it hooked taking off, the highest rpm I had ever left at with the car, I knew it would be a big run. I shifted early going 2nd to 3rd. I was just scared it might blow the tires off in the high rpm range. I was so happy when I saw the 5, I forgot to hit the brakes. 3800+lbs going 125 on a semi short track is a handfull stopping haha.

I've traded this car for another TT viper, convertible. No safety gear in the next car. I drive this car a lot and would prefer if my passengers didn't have to crawl over a cage and be forced into a 5 point harness. Chicks aren't into that for some reason
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 04:07 PM

H O L Y.....

what is that thing like when you need to pass on the highway/expressway..
for a street car....?

cheapst.

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 04:13 PM

My main rule, make sure it's pointed straight.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 04:16 PM

Quote:

Chicks aren't into that for some reason

Keep the car, the cage and harness lets you give them a hand on getting them strapped in LOL...
Gotta give them a hand when ever possible..

Thats one bad ride.
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 04:22 PM

Quote:

It's twin turbo, I'm crossing pretty low through the 1/8th. I'm making one hell of a charge on the back half. We were joking in the index racing class because on the lowest setting I was .3 behind at the 330', but making it up by the finish line.

Turbo, the way to go, maybe 1day I will join those ranks

Attached picture 5524153-Frontofshop.jpg
Posted By: mr2performance

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 05:24 PM

Your dad raised you right! Congrats, Mike
Posted By: Dos Snails

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 05:28 PM

I was hoping that you were going to bring the Viper to Orlando for the Street Nat's

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 05:45 PM

When is that? The problem with most organizations is that I'm not legal for their classes. Most don't allow multiple power adders. If they do, I'm so damn heavy I can't compete. It's hard to compete against a mustang that is 1klbs lighter than myself. It's a queer car to put into any racing class.
Posted By: Tig

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 06:29 PM

Quote:

Dude, you ain't found the right chick
Posted By: Dos Snails

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 07:25 PM

Quote:

When is that? The problem with most organizations is that I'm not legal for their classes. Most don't allow multiple power adders. If they do, I'm so damn heavy I can't compete. It's hard to compete against a mustang that is 1klbs lighter than myself. It's a queer car to put into any racing class.

http://www.speedworlddragway.com/streetnationals.html
Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 07:27 PM

I would never trade that car away just because my passengers don't like the roll bar and harness. IMO they can walk if they don't like my car. The decision is yours, though. Killer numbers btw.

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 07:31 PM

Yeah I'm not even close to being competitive in those classes. Since I actually drive the car on the street, it's not setup in a full race format, which those cars are. The only class I could come close too is heavy street and then I'm still 250lbs heavy. Those guys are flying.

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 07:33 PM

Quote:

I would never trade that car away just because my passengers don't like the roll bar and harness. IMO they can walk if they don't like my car. The decision is yours, though. Killer numbers btw.

I would agree with you, but I also drive the car quite a bit. It stinks not being able to take my dad around. It's so hard for him to get in/out with the bars in the car. I'm looking for something a little more friendly to get in/out of. The convertible will provide me that, without a compromise in power.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 07:42 PM

Quote:

I beg to differ.

Nice car, very impressive.

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/04/09 11:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2Uzq45R2k

Video of the run
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/05/09 01:22 AM

smooth run..reminded of lemans..lol..that announcer cracked me up.."ther it is, ther itis!.."

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/05/09 01:47 AM

The announcer is funny. He was standing beside the car. He knew I wanted that 5 second run bad. He talked it up the first time when I went a 6.10. I gave it a little more boost and just prayed the tires wouldn't blow off. When it took off and didn't blow off, I knew it was good. There were around 2500-3k people there, it was awesome. Sad the car is going away, but I had to show the new owner what she could do
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/05/09 01:50 AM

Is that a 6 speed manual?? If so Are you even rowing any gears, or leaving in one particular gear? Or are you bangin them in there?

Kasey

By the way WOW!!!
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/05/09 02:04 AM

I hate to say I'm envious of the new owner- I wish it was in my driveway

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/05/09 02:12 AM

Car has a 3 speed TH400. I've put 3k miles on it this year
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/05/09 11:45 AM

If you could get it off the line faster, it would be an 8.90 car in a heartbeat. Here are incremental s from my dart; 1.29 60 ft, 3.62 @ 330, 5.59 @ 660, 123.69 mph at he 1/8th, 8.78 at 153 mph @ 1320.
That is one fast Hombre!

Re: Ran the viper at the track on Street Tires, 5.86 - 10/05/09 01:29 PM

The new car I have coming went 5.58 through the 1/8th, but went 8.53 in the 1/4 (on slicks). It was going over 160 at the 1/4. These turbo's just continue to make a ton of power through the rpm range. That's why I believe it could make an 8 second run if I duplicated that 1/8th mile.

At mopars at the rock, I went 6.65 through the 1/8th (it had rained 4 days straight), I let out at 1000' and coasted to a 9.99 at 129mph. It was my first pass at the 1/4 mile and I didn't want to rev it over 6k, so made a safe run. So I was .8 quicker through the 1/8th on this run. It would be very close, but hopefully the new owner will try to push it and see. I just hate driving to rockingham when I have a track 10 minutes from my house
© 2024 Moparts Forums