Moparts

Super Stock Shootout!

Posted By: Anonymous

Super Stock Shootout! - 10/03/09 11:50 AM

Headed out to the Stock/Super Stock shoot out in a few minutes!

Anyone else headed out that way?

The race is today and one tomorrow!come on out!!

Details to come

Casey
Posted By: 383man

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/03/09 02:56 PM

Good luck and please give all the details as soon as you can. Ron

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/03/09 03:20 PM

good luck with your throttle stop!

Attached picture 5522093-whompinwedge9.78136.85.jpg
Posted By: dan1320

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/03/09 04:50 PM

Where is this race?
Thanks, Dan

Post deleted by Defbob - 10/03/09 06:23 PM

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/03/09 09:56 PM

Today should have went a little better. First round Casey had a .003 light caught his opponent, stood on the brakes and scrubbed 17 mph off and still broke out by .02. ...There was a nice turnout of around 50 cars. We will post results as we find out..They are having the same race tomorrow..Anyone that has a stock, super stock or NSS car should consider comming out. The Ross's and Nitro Joe run an exellent event.

Attached picture 5522701-PRP1.jpg
Posted By: kruger

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/04/09 12:50 AM

Quote:

Where is this race?
Thanks, Dan

I miss something?(Spends to much time in garage)Where is this being held at?
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/04/09 12:55 AM

NTR in ohio..
Posted By: kruger

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/04/09 01:05 AM

Quote:

NTR in ohio..

Thanks,thought I missed something local.
Posted By: JACKSON

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/04/09 01:18 AM

WHOMPIN WEDGE, why dont you just put up your fastest et for all of us to see,and get it over with. i have been waiting for a few months now hoping to see your beautiful dodge click off a faster pass than 9.22
your dodge sure leaves real nice
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/04/09 03:50 AM

Do they run NSS heads-up up north? Down here, what little NSS racing there is, is run on brackets like 9.50, 10.00, etc. I don't think they even have an index quicker than 9.50 here.

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/04/09 04:34 AM

Well I think our time trails were 9.74 and a 9.79. I really like the way the car is set up. We can run C/FX or AA/NSS or just short shift and add some more weight and have a ball running the 10.0 shootout. We are extremly easy on the motor and the car is usally very consistant. If the need arises we have enough extra to go a few tenths faster. The problem is the car is not consistant when we press it to the low 9's.

Attached picture 5523540-CIMG0365.jpg
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/05/09 09:05 PM

Quote:

Well I think our time trails were 9.74 and a 9.79. I really like the way the car is set up. We can run C/FX or AA/NSS or just short shift and add some more weight and have a ball running the 10.0 shootout. We are extremly easy on the motor and the car is usally very consistant. If the need arises we have enough extra to go a few tenths faster. The problem is the car is not consistant when we press it to the low 9's.

How would you know????????Has the car ever been faster than a 9'7s??????If you diconnect that throttle stop and go all out,what would it go??Do you think it would go 9'6??Looks great comming out the hole.What does it 60 ft??
Posted By: Duster3105

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/05/09 09:22 PM

Yep,

Made it up Sunday to spectate, and watch a couple of friends in their final points race.

The event was great. Loved the Stock/Super Stock class.

Casey you and Poppa J have that car leaving hard, Just don't pull a Maxine on us with the added weight or you might need new undergarments.

Rick....
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/05/09 09:38 PM

I got some pics .I will post up here in a flew..

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/05/09 09:57 PM

Thanks Rick, We had a good time this weekend just came out on the losing end on a couple of races and then red lit. We have wheelie bars so I won't have a bumper grinder like Bill had, that was fun to watch though Hemi-its, The car is usally around 1.32 on the 60's. This weekend it was all 1.34's.
It was forever between rounds, they had 10 different classes. I hope some more Stock/Superstock racers run Jeff and Nitro Joe's events next year they do a great job. This weekend was out of their control it was a big weekend at the track.
As far as who won , I know a stocker Camaro won Saturday's event and I would bet a stocker won last night the track was getting loose and the higher horsepower cars were having traction issues. I will post Sunday's winner when I find out..poppaj

Attached picture 5526862-PRP1.jpg
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/05/09 10:37 PM

Too bad there's no nostalgia races up here. Brainerd would be an ideal spot for many. It would be big fun to mix it up with all the great
"B" cars in the events in Ohio. Too far in this economy.

'

Attached picture 5526948-mopar_resize.jpg

Re: Super Stock Shootout! - 10/06/09 12:02 AM

Barnstorm,
It would be great if we could get all you northwest guys together with us for a weekend of NSS racing. You'll have some nice cars This economy is a bummer...Maybe a race in Wisconsin, I am thinking that's around halfway..Any good race tracks up that way???

Attached picture 5527168-CIMG0365.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums