Moparts

roller lifter life

Posted By: Plymouth340

roller lifter life - 09/29/09 12:13 AM

How long do you guys run your roller lifters before replacing then? last time i went 600 passes and one broke amagine that. so now i have the intake off to put on the tunnel ram and all the lifter seem fine......and i am at 300 runs and run the motor to 7400rpm in every gear...thanks for your advise in advance...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: roller lifter life - 09/29/09 03:02 AM

there's no set rule, or limit. it really depends on the cycles, spring pressures, rpm etc. lack of enough spring pressure is a lifter killer too. obviously you know not to go 600 runs again though.
Posted By: go green

Re: roller lifter life - 09/29/09 03:30 AM

I have been removing stuff out of service while it is still good , before it goes bad.

You run the parts at the beginning of their life, but you start taking chances at the end of their life.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: roller lifter life - 09/29/09 03:45 PM

I`ve been street driving and have made a couple hundred passes on my Isky solid body lifters and they seemed good last time I checked em. Guess I`m pushing my luck..............
Posted By: jyrki

Re: roller lifter life - 09/30/09 05:03 AM

If your lash starts to change, there is a reason for it. Keeping an eye on the valve lash has prevented me from total lifter/cam failures.
© 2024 Moparts Forums