Moparts

how is everyone finishing there season?

Posted By: modified1090

how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 12:21 AM

how is everyone finishing there season this year? we are going to try and get out once more.. thought about going to Pittsburgh but not sure if that will happen(not sure)i will however get my car there in the spring for some test and tune with BG. My wife and I are trying to get a feel for when the BGR guys are wrapping it up so we can plan our trip better to tour the shop and meet some more of the guys.

Attached picture 5506035-002.JPG
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 12:27 AM

We have 3 more races, weather permitting:
Nostalgia race at Capitol Raceway
Nostalgia race at Atco
Mopar meet at MIR

Hopefully, everything will hold together...
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 12:27 AM

We also are going out one more time .going to the superstock race at trails next weekend. pulling the plug after that..this year been one heck of a ride !
Posted By: 506RR

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 12:29 AM

Finished my season last Saturday! Went to the quarterfinals in the Best of Detroit Footbrake Nationals and made it to the 3rd round in King Street at Bandimere. Put 10 passes on the car that day! Also went a new best of 10.53! It was a good day!

Looking forward to next year!
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 12:35 AM

I never started mine I ran the car once last year in oct, none this year. Too many other things going on and I've lost a lot of interest in it.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 12:46 AM

Quote:

I never started mine I ran the car once last year in oct, none this year. Too many other things going on and I've lost a lot of interest in it.

I'm pretty much the same way.... I didnt race at all
this year due to me building my shop.... hopefully I'll
race next year... its almost hunting season for me
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 01:00 AM

my season is just starting, ill be racing all the way till december or jan. weather permitting.
this is when the fun starts. good air is what its all about.
this year wather sucked, rain and humid, now i want to have some fun.
this picture was last dec. at Atco,

Attached picture 5506163-63plymouthmaxwedgeatATCO4.26.09766.JPG
Posted By: Leigh

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 01:02 AM

Finishing up on the jack stands again. 7 passes in 4 years. From 2 barrels of B32 per year to zip. From 2 sets of Phoenix, to stale rubber. I just wish my wife would make a deposit. I say "maybe next year," but I doubt it. By the way, that is a sweet B body.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 01:32 AM

Going to RT66 tomorrow and Sunday. Maybe out once more after that then the car goes back in the shed for the winter. Now that I have a house and garage where I can keep the car and trailer with me I seem to be getting the old fire back.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 01:42 AM

The two things I do best.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/26/09 11:04 AM

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 01:47 PM

Quote:

December, huh? In NJ, the trees are not green in December. Oh and one other thing, the date is printed on the photo.

Gee dave you don't think he would BS us do you ! LOL..
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 05:35 PM

i hope to keep tuning on the new carbs at the nobox bananza Oct 2nd and then switch blocks to a KP440 for a stronger engine to handle some more HP for next yr and beyond.
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 06:24 PM

my season ended as soon as it started...im sticking to the whole driveway racing(car isnt done) maybe next year....
Posted By: ProSport

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 07:27 PM

Modified1090, Welcome to Moparts! I talked to you years ago when I had a lime green 340 Scamp. Are you running the 590 purple cam?
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/26/09 07:30 PM

The Halloween Classic @ Firebird Raceway in Boise Idaho.

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/27/09 10:53 AM

Quote:

Modified1090, Welcome to Moparts! I talked to you years ago when I had a lime green 340 Scamp. Are you running the 590 purple cam?

yea still running the purple 590
knock on wood this cam is probly 20 years old or so

Attached picture 5508516-racecar.jpg
Posted By: chryco

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/27/09 01:19 PM

Done for the year , gotta get my front end fixed .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwW6erHBsto

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/27/09 02:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

December, huh? In NJ, the trees are not green in December. Oh and one other thing, the date is printed on the photo.

those are pine trees moron, they dont change. thats why they call lower nj, the pine barrons. that little turd in your avatar precedes your intellegence.

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/27/09 05:12 PM

Post deleted by Defbob - 09/27/09 05:23 PM

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/27/09 05:55 PM

Don't look like pine trees to me!! I think your pulling someone leg!
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/27/09 10:28 PM

We just finished our season last night. Probably a good thing as I'm burned out. I was acctually Saying I wouldn't mind If I blew the motor all over the ground. Not that I want to cause a major clean up mind you.

No such luck though. I guess it was a little better than some of my previous seasons but still not very good.

Some good did come out of it though. Taylor got a Wally and finally got one 8.95 pass.

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/28/09 10:21 PM

thanks wild bill
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/28/09 10:34 PM

Points are over, finished 7th out of 8 qualifiers in Street Eliminator. Bracket Finals are over.
Not much racing left, I`m racing my D150 at a truck race at ETown October,10. 11secDart at the Mopar Meet at Atco October 17 and then the Mopar Meet at Island on October 24th and maybe a 12.00 index race just announced for Island on November 1st.

Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/28/09 10:44 PM

Quote:

thanks wild bill

Don't mnention it
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/28/09 10:54 PM

wellll, since you axed... i perfected my red light. .498 over and over. too many first round losses! but the car didn't blow, and i only sucked by a couple of thousandths here and there, so, i feel ok about it. love your satelite! i love your cam, too!
Posted By: Somerdale Flash

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/28/09 10:58 PM

Quote:

Points are over, finished 7th out of 8 qualifiers in Street Eliminator. Bracket Finals are over.
Not much racing left, I`m racing my D150 at a truck race at ETown October,10. 11secDart at the Mopar Meet at Atco October 17 and then the Mopar Meet at Island on October 24th and maybe a 12.00 index race just announced for Island on November 1st.

Congrats on Qualifying. How bout Larry Pappas winning the ROC...
See you on the 17th at Atco!
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/28/09 11:10 PM

Chris, You are a blast.
You should have your own race talk show, it would be a nail biting, trash talking, fact checking brawl like no other. LOL.
Nice to hang with you the other day.

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/28/09 11:14 PM

He is one heck of a driver. Our No. 1 guy in Street got down to 4 cars in the ROC.I on the other hand went red the first round of Street. Do you guys run points at Atco? I didn`t see the killer Yellow Duster in Atcos pits at Maple Grove.

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/28/09 11:33 PM

Quote:

Chris, You are a blast.
You should have your own race talk show, it would be a nail biting, trash talking, fact checking brawl like no other. LOL.
Nice to hang with you the other day.

thanks lee!!
we just added another NENDRA Race Oct.31st at lebanon valley, come on up!
Posted By: dartman366

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/28/09 11:39 PM

Finishing up this season on a posative note by runnering up in super/ pro at Norwalk, a whole lot better than how I started, may put my new converter in and play around a couple of time's before the snow fly's.
Posted By: 4404dart

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/29/09 12:23 AM

We finished 2nd in points in the heads-up class we race in. Started the year with a huge wheelie first round in the first race, and ended the year with water pouring out of # 5 (porosity in the head), and didn't even get to race,but qualified # 2. Ran a new best 8.81 @ 158.56, at over 7000 ft. DA. Won 1 race and qualified # 1 twice. I thought it was a good year, and plan to make next year better!
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/29/09 01:46 AM

Poorer than I started
Posted By: Somerdale Flash

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/29/09 02:12 AM

Quote:

He is one heck of a driver. Our No. 1 guy in Street got down to 4 cars in the ROC.I on the other hand went red the first round of Street. Do you guys run points at Atco? I didn`t see the killer Yellow Duster in Atcos pits at Maple Grove.

Stopped running points on saturday night several years ago....WAY too many saturday nights.(25 one year)... Some saturday nights during the summer, you just feel like drinking beer, and chasing women...
Know what I mean....

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/29/09 02:20 AM

Yeah I can relate to that we had 22 points days this year and lost about 5 or 6 to rain. It does get grueling especially in the summer. We keep trying to get the track operator to have less points days but hes afraid of losing $$$. If he has a certain amount of points days he knows we`ll all show up. See you on the 17th.
Posted By: DragDart360

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/29/09 08:20 PM

Ending? I'm starting for the first time in 2 years.
Planning T&T at Cecil tomorrow, Maybe some Tuesdays at ATCO and a couple of nostalgia races then park it and finish the cosmetic stuff over the winter.
Posted By: GORacing

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 09/30/09 02:05 AM

Our points finished last weekend, and I finished 7th.
Next is the No Box Bonanza @ SMP then the Halloween Classic. Still plenty of racing to do. I just need Mother Nature to quit being so hateful.
Posted By: BIG BEAR

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 10/01/09 07:25 PM

Quote:

i hope to keep tuning on the new carbs at the nobox bananza Oct 2nd and then switch blocks to a KP440 for a stronger engine to handle some more HP for next yr and beyond.

What a GREAT idea!!!!!Please keep us posted on how its comming along.
Posted By: 66er

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 10/01/09 07:49 PM

91 Points in the lead with 3 races left. Hope I can get my car back together for the next race. The trash is on! BTW crane gold rockers realy won't live forever on a roller cam.

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 10/02/09 11:48 PM

i think we are going to finish our season next weekend at dragway 42. its there halloween thing.
any one else going there?
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 10/03/09 12:04 AM

Broke....
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 10/03/09 12:10 AM

7000' DA...LOL

No one knows the pain we feel...I've raced at a DA over 13000'. OUCH!

Gotta love the High Plains for everything else though (Albuquerque, NM here)

BTW...Sweet little Dart....
Posted By: racerAL

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 10/03/09 12:51 AM

cars loaded and ready to go ..we'll be ending our season at MCIR's Halloween deal this weekend..kinda different race schedule..tt 10 am tomorrow with eliminations starting at 3 pm (i think) they run the first 2 rounds Sat... then finish the race on Sun....they have a trick or treat for the kids sat. night with a dj and a bon fire..also have a haunted hay ride and pit bike/golf cart races..should be a good time as long as the weather cooperates.. ...good luck everyone and be safe.

Attached picture 5521156-16-102.JPG
Posted By: RonTheAnnouncer

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 10/03/09 01:14 AM

Norwalk Halloween Classic racing my DD Cobalt. I'll run sprtsman (obviously) and the Super Rollers gambler race on Friday.
I haven't raced much this year, but I did well at Quaker City last week, running my high 16 second car to the 1/4 finals against a bunch of race cars. I hope to start looking for a low, low dollar Aspen or something like that over the winter.
Posted By: MrMopar95

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 10/05/09 04:10 AM

C you at the classic, gotta run sportsman too im right on the 9.09 bump for pro

Attached picture 5525553-MYcaratnorwalk.jpg
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 10/05/09 04:57 AM

Halloween Classic at Norwalk. Hope to see a nine second pass. I am close with 10.06 right now. A couple of minor changes and I might see it. Beep

Re: how is everyone finishing there season? - 10/12/09 08:44 PM

i just finished at dragway 42. although it started out wet with rain on friday the sun came out saturday and slowly dried everything out.
Saturday's race ended due to some dew on the track and to continue with fifth round after a time trial on sunday, that was the end of my Saturday race. Sunday's race i went four rounds only to be beaten by a tight finish line. It started with my .024 light to his .022 then I took the line by .009 only to break out by .003 . I don't mind losing to a good race like that, i like winning them more but what are you gonna do? next time i;ll try to take the strip by .006.
© 2024 Moparts Forums