Moparts

Caltracs are here... What about shocks???

Posted By: cudadave72

Caltracs are here... What about shocks??? - 09/25/09 12:48 AM

My Caltracs came in today for the Cuda. Until now my suspension is bone stock with some crapolla old airshocks out back. Even at that the car cut a 1.64 60ft. Problem is that I love the stance of the car as it is now. What rear shocks can I run that will let me keep the stance I have now and will get me down the track???

Attached picture 5503857-72cuda2.JPG

Re: Caltracs are here... What about shocks??? - 09/25/09 01:56 AM

Any ideas???
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Caltracs are here... What about shocks??? - 09/25/09 02:17 AM

Well,other than air shocks,or coil overs,shock absorbers are not designed to "hold up" the rear of the car.That is what the springs are for.If you are using Caltracs,I would suggest getting a set of the monoleaf springs he sells.If you call him he can set you up on ride hieght.
I know it's probably not what you want to hear,but it is what I would recommend.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Caltracs are here... What about shocks??? - 09/25/09 02:49 AM

did you order stock ride height caltracs? Do your front spring hangers have a upper and lower hole?

Get the rancho 9 ways..... great price to boot.....

Re: Caltracs are here... What about shocks??? - 09/25/09 02:51 AM

did you just get the bars.....
Posted By: Troublemaker427

Re: Caltracs are here... What about shocks??? - 09/25/09 12:18 PM

Go with the Ranchos. Talk to Calvert, they have the best customer service in the business.

Re: Caltracs are here... What about shocks??? - 09/25/09 12:29 PM

It is the 20in standard kit and does have the two holes. I'll check into the ranchos for sure.

Re: Caltracs are here... What about shocks??? - 09/25/09 12:47 PM

Quote:

It is the 20in standard kit and does have the two holes. I'll check into the ranchos for sure.

there was a set for sale at a good price in the race parts section somewhere...
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Caltracs are here... What about shocks??? - 09/28/09 12:34 PM

I have the Rancho 9 way adjustable shocks that Calvert recommends. They work pretty good.

As said before, the shock should not be used to set your ride height. That's what the leaf spring is for. If you need to adjust ride height with an air shock, then your leaf springs are either worn out or not correct for the application. CHIP
© 2024 Moparts Forums