Moparts

Race car trailer brake controller question.

Posted By: StrokerPost

Race car trailer brake controller question. - 09/19/09 09:49 PM

I have a problem on my dad's race car trailer....or maybe his tow vehicle. He put new rear lights on his trailer and initially had them wired wrong. He brought the rig up to me today and I got his trailer wiring straightened out, but he has no brake lights, on the trailer or the truck, but it did when he left his house. we checked the factory brake light fuse on the truck and its good. Checked for power out of the fuse socket and that was good. Checked the inline fuse in the wire from the batt to the controller and that was good. Now, if you manually actuate the controller the brake lights come on, but not with the brake pedal. Anyone maybe have a clue whats going on here? Does the controller itself have an internal fuse maybe thats causing this? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken.
Posted By: moparmanjr

Re: Race car trailer brake controller question. - 09/19/09 09:56 PM

check the brake controll switch that is attatched to the brake pedal i have had to replace them in our dodge trucks also there is a big fuse under the hood i think its a 30amp or 50 amp its a fuse in a plastic box
Posted By: hot67cuda

Re: Race car trailer brake controller question. - 09/19/09 10:16 PM

Most newer trucks that 3\4 ton or have an hd package the trucks computer will have built in trailer brake package.
Posted By: StrokerPost

Re: Race car trailer brake controller question. - 09/20/09 12:34 AM

I guess I should have specified, this is an '89 chevy Silverado if that would help at all.
Posted By: Challenger

Re: Race car trailer brake controller question. - 09/20/09 03:22 AM

Ken

Ill look at my 92 tomorrow. There is only 1 fuse for the brakes at the fuse block. Ill look later as I just got in from KC and need some much needed sleep.

Kevin H
© 2024 Moparts Forums