Moparts

Question for nitrous guys?

Posted By: lildevil1972

Question for nitrous guys? - 09/14/09 02:04 AM

Hey all u nitrous users. I have a question about nitrous, I have never used nitrous and i would like to put it on my engine and i am wondering what u think? I am wondering if my engine will handle it. I have a stock block 512 low deck with a 440 source rotating assembly and bcr aluminum main caps with arp studs, Edelbrock ported max wedge heads with arp studs and cometic head gaskets and a 1050 dominator with an indy intake. It is 10.7 to 1 compression and made 703 horse on the engine dyno. It's in a 1972 dodge demon, it's a street/strip car it has lots of power but i want to put on a plate system with like a 150 shot. I wouldn't use the nitrous much maybe a dozen times a year i don't plan on getting my nhra license and with this setup without nitrous should get close to 9's I need input on this if it would be reliable and tips on sucessful nitrous use. any input would be appreciated thanks.
Posted By: lildevil1972

Re: Question for nitrous guys? - 09/14/09 02:05 AM

Oh and the block is a 230 casting 400 block with a half fill of hard block.
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: Question for nitrous guys? - 09/14/09 02:30 AM

That stroke is hard on the block.I like to keep the stoke about 3.9,but i think you will be fine.If you only spray it a couple times a year, it will be cool.The 9s should not be a problem.It suould run it the 8s.Lenny
Posted By: rtstreet

Re: Question for nitrous guys? - 09/14/09 03:34 AM

spray it!!!!
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Question for nitrous guys? - 09/14/09 04:41 AM

the most important thing with your type of combo ia to maKE sure you keep the engine out of detonation. Use a good fuel even C16 and make sure you retard the timing a decent amount
© 2024 Moparts Forums