Moparts

Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike

Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/10/09 11:26 PM

Ok, as some of yall know, I married my beautiful wife saturday and left the church in the cuda. Well, on the way home from the reception we got beside a red Honday CBR "crotch rocket" motorcycle. Now, I have been dying to get a chance to run a bike since I put the hemi in the car, but have never gotten the chance. The wife okayed it too, lol. Don't know how big the bike was, all I saw was CBR written on it.

Anyways, got beside him at 60 mph...I downshifted to 2nd, he downshifted, I'm waiting with an itchy trigger finger. Then he smacks the throttle and all I hear is this thing screaming beside me, so I rolled into the gas hard, trying to keep the tires from goin up in smoke, and probably scared him half to death when 572" of hemi barking through 4" single chamber flowmasters proceeded to put about 3 car lengths on him before I grabbed 3rd gear.

So yeah, I was street racing, bash me or whatever, I really don't care. We were on a major highway w/ little traffic. It was fun though. CHIP
Posted By: A990

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/10/09 11:36 PM

LOL

ps Congratulations on your marriage.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/10/09 11:48 PM

i dont think i could have resisted it either!!!
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 12:01 AM

Quote:

i dont think i could have resisted it either!!!

I know I could not have resisted it
Posted By: Runner

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 12:25 AM

Posted By: moparniac

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 12:40 AM

Posted By: instigator

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 12:41 AM

That is the outcome I would have expected...bet he bout sheet his pants hose when he heard those cubes
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 12:56 AM

Good job Chip! Did you have the ET street radials on the car? I was amazed how easily they went up in smoke in your video.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 12:56 AM

good old american hoss power.
Posted By: Old School

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 12:58 AM

good kill..
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 01:18 AM

You know my outlook(it ain't $hit till you put it in the road).I love it Chip.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 01:21 AM

LOL
Posted By: 67HEMI

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 03:19 AM

Nice kill!!! Your new wife sounds like my wife,"your not going to let him get away with that are you?"
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 04:51 AM

Awesome I`ve taken down a few myself but make is short and sweet so I don`t kill myself or anyone else.
Posted By: thecarfarmer

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 04:58 AM

A sport bike is faster than most street cars.

But not all of 'em...

Good story!

-Bill
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 10:08 AM

Perfect way to start the honeymoon!!!! Congrats Chip! Dave
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 10:43 AM

Great story and congratulations on the marriage Chip. I've always been inspired by your car. Was the bike red white and blue? It was likely an older Honda 600cc. That's the only ones I recall that had the CBR tags on them.

At 60 mph, you had caught the old boy without the advantage of the hole shot some of those small bikes can have, but few 600's can come close to a car like yours that's so quick in the 1/4 mile once your up to freeway speed.

Just like Hemi 'Cudas are few and far between, there are a few big bikes out there that are capable of doing 10's in the 1/4 and that can still do over 180 mph bone stock. I'd love to see a standing half mile race with your car and one of those.
Posted By: Otherlane

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 11:49 AM

Yea mustve been a 600.
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 11:59 AM

Ironically enough I own both of those vehicle. '71 hemicuda (471, pump gas, street trim) and a '01 honda CBR 600 F4i. And yes, my cuda is the faster of the two. Albeit more expensive!!! And more maintenance!!! And less reliable!!! And it gets much worse mileage...

As a public service a stock 600 cc crotch rocket will run high 11's with a decent rider. And congrats on the wedding!
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 12:00 PM

I'd marry you for you car!
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 12:09 PM

Quote:

I'd marry you for you car!

I would insist on a prenup!!!

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 12:10 PM

My CBR600 f4 with full exhaust and a jet kit ran 10.80@124. now I have a CBR1000 and that bike is sick fast.i would guess if I can keep the front on the ground high 9 at 145 should be easy
Posted By: moparmattkos

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 12:36 PM

Nice!!!
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 12:56 PM

there is some videos at nickslick.com of some races just like you did.procharged viper vs hayabusa.
congrats on the marriage!
Posted By: quick77rt

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 01:19 PM

That is cool, however I had a friend do the same thing with his new bride in a vert, bonmaro....rolled the car, killed the girl...he did 5 years. Very true story.

Im gonna bookmark this post so the next time one wants to get on there high and mighty rant.....

Still, cool post but this just shows the duplicity of peoples perception of whats laws are ok to break and what ones are not.
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 01:33 PM

Congrats on the marriage n the win, I live in NYC, I get a bug in me n find myself even racing yellow cabs.

Attached picture 5475798-atco4.jpg
Posted By: Dart1031

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 04:56 PM

Quote:

So yeah, I was street racing, bash me or whatever, I really don't care. We were on a major highway w/ little traffic. It was fun though. CHIP

Who's bashing?! You marry the girl of your dreams, you're driving a 9 second cuda ON THE STREET and you win a street race all in the same day?! WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?!!!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 10:11 PM

Thanks yall! I've taken some time off from racing to just have fun with the car on the street and I'm gonna tell ya what, I am REALLY liking it.

Bob (prosport)...yep, it has the ET Street radials on it all the time. I never take em off. I'm not sure if there's any tire that won't go up in smoke on an unprepped surface.

jbc426...The bike was red and black only, it had an aftermarket exhaust on it, other than that I don't know.

Good friend of mine had a hayabusa that was bone stock and ran low 10s with him on it. A better rider at the track went 9.90s on the same bike. That's what I'd really like to run, but never have gotten the chance. Tracks here won't let you race a bike versus a car. CHIP
Posted By: chryco

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 10:22 PM

Nice One ....Love it when bikes go down !!!!

Attached picture 5476613-poster24109047.jpg
Posted By: 1969 HEMI R-T

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 11:11 PM

Great story!!!
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/11/09 11:17 PM

best compliment i ever recieved was a guy on a crotch rocket said to me with his eyes wide in disbelief "i couldnt catch you"

the weather lately has been great for drives.

congrats on your kill. one of these days i'm going to roll up to your neck of the woods in my car
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/12/09 03:44 AM

Quote:

That is cool, however I had a friend do the same thing with his new bride in a vert, bonmaro....rolled the car, killed the girl...he did 5 years. Very true story.

Im gonna bookmark this post so the next time one wants to get on there high and mighty rant.....

Still, cool post but this just shows the duplicity of peoples perception of whats laws are ok to break and what ones are not.

One time at band camp you did what _________?
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/12/09 04:23 AM

thats too funny...

Congrats Chip on the wedding and toasting the bike...it had to have been a great day!

Rick
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/12/09 12:49 PM

I think Chips car has the nuts to chew on a little more than a 600 if it wants to.

Congrats on all if it!
Posted By: instigator

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/12/09 01:08 PM

Quote:

I think Chips car has the nuts to chew on a little more than a 600 if it wants to.

Congrats on all if it!

Especially an 01 model....the bikes of the last few years are much faster....a 600 now would do what a 900 would do in 01.

But after chips honeymoon, he may not have enough nuts left to drive that beast..hopefully for him he used them all up

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/12/09 01:35 PM

Ive seen a stock 2004 gsxr 1000 just lowered down ran a 9.70s still with temp tag on it.The problem with racing a bike you can never leave at WOT like a car but if you could these bike would run some crazy numbers.My 99 CBR F4 was betting some gsxr 750 and Kawi 900s.
Posted By: FM370RR

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/12/09 02:41 PM

Posted By: mshred

Re: Kill story...cuda versus Honda CBR bike - 09/12/09 07:29 PM

wicked story! I love it! i saw that vid of your cuda after your wedding, and i can just imagine the guys underwear after you were done with him lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums