Moparts

F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops.

Posted By: HPMike

F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 11:29 AM

It was a tough field with some new builds. A 1968 Pontiac Ram Air II Firebird from MI that was a truly max effort build was runniing well into the 10's. Another car of note was Lane Carey's 71 Mustang Mach 1. This red beast was killing it all day with a few 10.50's! In the end though it was Dave in the Hemi RR that took the honors. Also retook the MPH record at this event with a 134.48.

Mopars were well represented as the Quick 8 Had half of the field in Chrysler powered cars. (Dudek, Hodges, and Ed and James Cook).

Steve Hodges finally got his 10 second pass in the green Challenger. Way to go!

Special mention to James Cook who managed to run an unbelievable 11.12 @ 126, rowing the 4 speed.

Congrats to all that attended this event. We had a great time.

MB
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 02:16 PM

I didn't take the chance to congratulate Ed Cooks Son James who I admired for rowing the gears like a young Ronnie Sox. The rear window on his A12 was literally shaking like jello when ever he banged it in.
Posted By: aarmaniac

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 03:07 PM

To me this was the run of the weekend, no offense to the long list of ten second cars. James can really get the job done with that beautiful red A12 4-speed. HP Mike can do good work under pressure. Oh the other car is my AARCuda running it's new best with my son Brian driving.
Congrats to Dave for doing it again.

Attached File
5467498-run3.bmp  (288 downloads)
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 03:37 PM

Does anyone have a list of the cars and thier fastest ET's and Speeds?
Posted By: BSB67

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 04:31 PM

What were the conditions like - DA?

Looks like Dave found that extra mph that he was looking for. Ed seems to pick up a mph or so each outing too. Will these guys ever stop finding more HP!!!!

Congrats to all.
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 05:08 PM

I wasnt there on sunday but watching the time trials on Saturday was awsome!

Seeing the two FAST Mustangs( Mike Cannon and Lane Carey) sure brought back my Ford feelings. That red car sure is sweet.

Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 07:29 PM

Dudek Ran a 10.35!!

Unbeleivable, who would have ever thunk it???

And congrats also to the Pontiac guys and Lane with his Mustang for dropping deep onto the 10's, and to Hodges for getting the Hemi Challenger into the 10's.

It is absolutely amazing how such a wide array of cars are all running so strong within such a restrictive set of rules. Just a few year ago, everybody thought that only an L88 Vette could break into the 10's in F.A.S.T.. Now there have been several mopars, a Ford, a Pontiac, at least a couple Camaros.
I better get off the computer and go get busy on my car so Tom dosen't yell at me. Congrats you guys, well done!
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 07:33 PM

If anybody was on the fence about Dave Dudeks car being worthy of being Hemmings Muscle Machine of the year, this 10.35 at 134 ought to help make up their mind.

You can vote for him here:

http://www.hemmings.com/mmoy/

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 07:49 PM

So has anyone else run faster than 10.35 (amazing!)

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 08:00 PM

Terry Pennington ran 10.30 in Virginia last fall.
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 08:21 PM

I wonder if F.A.S.T. will ever consider a format that allows for something other than hemis, 6 paks, L-88s, SCJs, Stage Is to be competitive? I look at my 68 GTX, which is all stock body, interior and drivetrain and think it would be cool to build up a F.A.S.T. project with it.

Then I realise that I have to run a cast iron dual plane with no spacers and a AVS heads-up against dual quad hemis and 440-6 paks? That seems fair LOL!!

It just seems to me that they're shutting off a ton of cars from playing by catering to the factory package cars. I could just go get a 69 runner and build a clone lift-off hood car to play I guess, just wish I didn't have to

Anyway, grats to Dave and all of the other fast mopars mentioned, you guys are flying
Posted By: F1Scamp

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 08:49 PM

Everybody is competitive. There is always somebody that you will be running close times to.
You have to understand something about FAST. There are only a handful of people that actually go to a race wanting to win the whole thing. You win nothing. A trophy, the same as anybody that wins a 2 out of 3 match race. The whole point is to take a combination, build it to your budget, go out and tune it to the max, get the best times you can, and have fun.
You should have seen the pits after sunday's first pass, everybody was so happy for everybody else. It doesn't matter if you broke into the 12's, 11's, or 10's, in FAST you get the same respect.
Bottom line is build your car to how fast you want to go and have the time of your life.

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 10:02 PM

Quote:

Everybody is competitive. There is always somebody that you will be running close times to.
You have to understand something about FAST. There are only a handful of people that actually go to a race wanting to win the whole thing. You win nothing. A trophy, the same as anybody that wins a 2 out of 3 match race. The whole point is to take a combination, build it to your budget, go out and tune it to the max, get the best times you can, and have fun.
You should have seen the pits after sunday's first pass, everybody was so happy for everybody else. It doesn't matter if you broke into the 12's, 11's, or 10's, in FAST you get the same respect.
Bottom line is build your car to how fast you want to go and have the time of your life.

Thanks so much for that post. It gives me a different perspective on F.A.S.T. I'm so damn competitive I forget what's really important, HAVING FUN! I guess I'll look into it a little further. The question I'd like to ask is how do they detremine what's a "stock" sounding cam? And who decides?

Thanks again for the post
Posted By: JACKSON

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 10:24 PM

im really looking forwrd to gettin my hemi out next year to run with the F.A.S.T guys.
hopin to get some low to mid 10's also.
i aint gettin in this thing to go slow. im too darn competetive.later Larry.
hats off to all of you guys kickin buttts!
Posted By: DaveDudek

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 11:03 PM

Quote:

Does anyone have a list of the cars and thier fastest ET's and Speeds?

Thanks Guy`s.

Here`s the break down of the 8 fastest runs. Most of the best runs took place with the air at a corrected 2200ft.

Dave Dudek 10.35@134.48 (Hemi RR)
Terry Pennington 10.45@132 (L88 Vette)
Lane Carey 10.48@131.9 (429 Stang)
Rick Mohoney/Scott Tieman 10.63@132 (400 Firebird)
Steve Hodges 10.89@129.8 (Hemi Challenger)
Ken Veit 10.94@129.2 (427 Camaro)
James Cook 11.12@127 (69 RR 440 6pak)
Eddie Cook 11.18@126 (60 RR 440 6pak)

Everybody ran great, in Virginia it might take a 10 second car to make the quick 8, with Joel and Iggy looking to attend it`s gonna be a blood bath and it`s getting harder to pull off a win. Smart money is still on the Mopars.

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 11:10 PM

AWESOME! Hey Dave, any small block times?

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 11:14 PM

I think we were the only small block running in FAST. It ran it's best time to date.

11.57@ 117 .... Not to shabby for a 3700lbs smallblock.

Our Duster should be out next year..

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 11:18 PM

Not bad at ALL Scamp! Have a pic of your car you can post?

Quote:

I think we were the only small block running in FAST. It ran it's best time to date.

11.57@ 117 .... Not to shabby for a 3700lbs smallblock.

Our Duster should be out next year..

It doesn't seem all that long ago that were all in awe when Dave Dudeks old purple Hemi Challenger was leading the pack and running nearly the exact same times as your small block runs today, crazy how much faster these combos are going now days, truely awesome!

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 11:36 PM

You've seen it before. But I don't mind throwing a couple out there.

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/07/09 11:46 PM

Oh it's THAT car! I didn't match the name with the car. Very cool! That's MOVING for such a big car, I'm sure your Duster will RIP!

Posted By: MRVCODE

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still t - 09/08/09 01:27 AM

Was Ralph there?
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still t - 09/08/09 01:32 AM

Posted By: domingo

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 02:28 AM

Wow Dave...you are flying man!!!

Do you think you will dip in the 9s eventually???
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 04:14 AM

Holy crap that's a tough field of heavy hitters! Congrats to everybody! you guys have seriously been burning the midnight oil getting that many new cars to run those numbers
Posted By: ademon

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 05:59 AM

Are the dates for next year Martin Mich race set yet? its about 150 miles from my home, i'd like to drive and posibly run the demon next year. Its cool the rules state first time racers can run the first time on reg street tires, get a feel for the event and atmosphere.

Attached picture 5469444-demonburnout.jpg

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 11:10 AM

Quote:

Last year I would have said no, but 9`s are on the way. If things go well low 10.20`s @ 135 will happen in Virginia with my 3 year old HEMI. (160passes) Everybody`s stepping up, so this winter so will I.

Hey Scott, you need to come out to Virginia and watch that yellow AAR go, if everything is perfect a sub 11.50 is possible.
Posted By: CJK440

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 01:08 PM

Quote:

Oh it's THAT car! I didn't match the name with the car. Very cool! That's MOVING for such a big car, I'm sure your Duster will RIP!

I'm sure it will too.

Congrats on the new best. It seemed like a good weekend for most.
Posted By: domingo

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 02:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Last year I would have said no, but 9`s are on the way. If things go well low 10.20`s @ 135 will happen in Virginia with my 3 year old HEMI. (160passes) Everybody`s stepping up, so this winter so will I.

Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 02:46 PM

Quote:

I wonder if F.A.S.T. will ever consider a format that allows for something other than hemis, 6 paks, L-88s, SCJs, Stage Is to be competitive? I look at my 68 GTX, which is all stock body, interior and drivetrain and think it would be cool to build up a F.A.S.T. project with it.

Then I realise that I have to run a cast iron dual plane with no spacers and a AVS heads-up against dual quad hemis and 440-6 paks? That seems fair LOL!!

It just seems to me that they're shutting off a ton of cars from playing by catering to the factory package cars. I could just go get a 69 runner and build a clone lift-off hood car to play I guess, just wish I didn't have to

Anyway, grats to Dave and all of the other fast mopars mentioned, you guys are flying

I think you can run whatever you want. Theoretically you could run a Coronet 440 w/ a stroked 383 if you like. Just the multi carb cars make better since. Or do you mean like a "single carb class" That'd be cool too.

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 02:52 PM

Yea, a single 4 vs multi carb, or just a small block & big block catagory woud be cool
Posted By: pettyblue440

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 05:47 PM

There are some B engines getting it done. A "383" bee with an avs ran 11.80's I believe.

What a great weekend of racing, I wish I could've made it out. I hope some good vids surface

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 06:01 PM

Quote:

Yea, a single 4 vs multi carb, or just a small block & big block catagory woud be cool

The fastest ET is by a single 4bbl car. Small vs. Big block makes the most sence but you'l find the small block guys like making the big blocks work for a win. I know I did.

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 06:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The fastest ET is by a single 4bbl car. Small vs. Big block makes the most sence but you'l find the small block guys like making the big blocks work for a win. I know I did.

Really? A single 4-bbl went faster than 10.35?
Posted By: DonnyBrass

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 06:37 PM

Quote:

10.30 ..........
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still t - 09/08/09 06:48 PM

I just wanna see the new t-shirts!
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 08:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

10.30 ..........

This is true

Attached picture 5470355-07Martin-TerryVette3-425w.jpg

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/08/09 09:06 PM

Ahh, L-88 Vette with aluminum heads and a 850 Holley. Thats a bit different then a 906 casting and a AVS, but you're right, it's a single 4-bbl
Posted By: RalphsRapidTrnst

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still t - 09/09/09 12:28 AM

Quote:

Was Ralph there?

I did not attend Palooza X. The Fast Board chose to ban me from competing in F.A.S.T. events. Up to this point, I chose not to be part of any F.A.S.T. race due to the issues that made me go on my own in the spring of 2008. In the past couple of months since Chryslers @ Carlisle, many of the Racers that run in both series asked me to be part of Palooza. At the Nat's, Dave Dudek ran with us the SuperCar ShootOut. We had a great event. Dave said to me, "I will see you at Palooza". That was when I decided I would attend.

Last week, I received a call from the person who is the head of FAST, who told me that I was banned from competing in F.A.S.T.

Just to make it clear, the SuperCar ShootOut has not banned any of the competitors of the F.A.S.T. series and welcome all SuperCar Legal Combos that run in F.A.S.T. to run with the SuperCar Series.

Congrat's Dave on your Victory.

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/09/09 02:26 AM

Quote:

Ahh, L-88 Vette with aluminum heads and a 850 Holley. Thats a bit different then a 906 casting and a AVS, but you're right, it's a single 4-bbl

Yup, thats my point.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still t - 09/09/09 02:27 AM

Ralph,you were truly missed at E/town.Looking foward to see you next week

Attached picture 5471094-IMG_2499.JPG

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/09/09 02:58 AM

Hey guys, lets not lose ground over what is competitive or not, lets see an AVS over-throw the all mighty Holley. That's what these classes are about, right? find the edge.

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/09/09 03:25 AM

Quote:

Hey guys, lets not lose ground over what is competitive or not, lets see an AVS over-throw the all mighty Holley. That's what these classes are about, right? find the edge.

Too bad there's nobody running an early 70's Mopar B-body with a big block running a Thermoquad, now THAT would be a fun car to watch! It would probably not be a car you would consider competitive but with a stroked 400 or 440 topped with a worked over Thermoquad and a car that's got all the .10 light wight tricks I bet you could build a monster!

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/09/09 03:31 AM

The Cooks are making the power with the 6paks to run deep into the 10's, Eddie has already seen 10's and James is only .13 away. They are using very correct and heavy cars. Put together an "all balls" lightweight clone and things will look a tad different, for sure.

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/09/09 06:43 AM

Would aluminum front spindles, say from a street/strip wildwood or aero brakes kit mount and work with the drums?
Some Wagner brake drums are lighter than others.
The non fin types are pretty light and there is one style that is the lightest.

Aluminum front bumper brackets.
Posted By: MRVCODE

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still t - 09/09/09 04:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Was Ralph there?

I did not attend Palooza X. The Fast Board chose to ban me from competing in F.A.S.T. events. Up to this point, I chose not to be part of any F.A.S.T. race due to the issues that made me go on my own in the spring of 2008. In the past couple of months since Chryslers @ Carlisle, many of the Racers that run in both series asked me to be part of Palooza. At the Nat's, Dave Dudek ran with us the SuperCar ShootOut. We had a great event. Dave said to me, "I will see you at Palooza". That was when I decided I would attend.

Last week, I received a call from the person who is the head of FAST, who told me that I was banned from competing in F.A.S.T.

Just to make it clear, the SuperCar ShootOut has not banned any of the competitors of the F.A.S.T. series and welcome all SuperCar Legal Combos that run in F.A.S.T. to run with the SuperCar Series.

Congrat's Dave on your Victory.

Sorry to hear about all the drama!! I was hoping to see that Hemi Belvedere break into the 10's! I hope all you guys can work out your differences, it's better for the hobby.

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still t - 09/09/09 04:51 PM

I feel that with out Ralph as part of the festivities and staff, that there is a great void. Almost like an engine with out oil.
Posted By: cjfordman

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still t - 09/09/09 05:34 PM

Quote:

I feel that with out Ralph as part of the festivities and staff, that there is a great void. Almost like an engine with out oil.

There were a lot of people happy he wasn't there and it went by with no drama.I did not hear one person say he was missed.He made his own race group and did lots of bad mouthing of FAST .In this day and age everybody wants a do over but when you step and sometimes stomp on toes a second chance is not realistic and should not be expected.I twice stated in a thread on his website that not everybody would welcome him back to FAST and twice he deleted the post and banned me from his site for life.I did not swear or call names the worst thing I said was he might be as welcome as a turd in a punch bowl.I guess he likes to ban (myself and at least 2 others that I know of)but dosn't like being banned.
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/09/09 06:29 PM

Amazing cars...got to get to one someday! I can't beleive they don't have some thing in Brainerd. What do these cars 60ft?

Attached picture 5472320-mopar_resize.jpg

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/09/09 06:55 PM

Some of the fastest cars 60' in the 1.60 range.( one even lower ) Most can 60' in the low to mid 1.70's
Posted By: cjfordman

Many now run 60 ft in the low 1.60's with a 1.56 as the best ever by the record holding Vette.He has some guys hot on his tail though the last race in Virginia should really be great fun.
Posted By: 05dakota

dividing into 2 series will just help kill the concept.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/09/09 07:34 PM

Just buy this for your Hemi and go fast

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still t - 09/09/09 08:07 PM

Quote:

I twice stated in a thread on his website that not everybody would welcome him back to FAST and twice he deleted the post and banned me from his site for life.I did not swear or call names the worst thing I said was he might be as welcome as a turd in a punch bowl.I guess he likes to ban (myself and at least 2 others that I know of)but dosn't like being banned.

To be fair Steve, Ralph never saw your posts. I built that forum for Ralph and am one of two admins. When somebody joins a forum with the only intention to cause trouble, the posts are going to be removed. The ban was just easier when you re-registered. Thats the same way its going to be handled pretty much anywhere and I don't know why you are feeling slighted.
Posted By: SmallHurst

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/09/09 09:17 PM

Quote:

Amazing cars...got to get to one someday! I can't beleive they don't have some thing in Brainerd. What do these cars 60ft?

Believe me, it would be great to get a show closer to the midwest, but currently, Steve Hodges is as far west as an FAST guy lives. We tried to tie something in with the Musclecar Reunion and Nostalgia drags at KCIR in '07. We had a total of 10 FAST and factory stock guys show up. Steve and I have also looked at Cordova as a potential site.
Former record holder and the first in the 10's, Wayne Nelson lives by the Twin Cities as well as Mr. Joel Nystrom, the first Mopar in the 10's.
Posted By: 1969gtx

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/09/09 11:59 PM

I would have rather had Ralph there then a car that oiled down the track 5 times. I think englishtown officials would agree with me.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/10/09 02:26 AM

Congrats, Dave......

What trap speed did the 383 Bee run? and does anyone know what it weighs???

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/10/09 02:33 AM

I'm not sure what it weighs, but I don't think it has been drastically lightened. Harry ran 117.87 MPH on his 11.87 run. Wayne you are missed at the races. Gene
Posted By: RoadRnnr69

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still t - 09/10/09 02:43 AM

Boy does this all sound familiar
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/10/09 04:22 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure what it weighs, but I don't think it has been drastically lightened. Harry ran 117.87 MPH on his 11.87 run. Wayne you are missed at the races. Gene

That's awesome..........Is that the motor that Dwayne helped with?

Thanks, Gene.......I miss hanging out with you guys......Oklabama is too far from everything, so I may be moving .........I plan on hitting a few next year .......I've had a rough year this year......
Posted By: sogtx

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/10/09 10:41 AM

Quote:

Just buy this for your Hemi and go fast

Wow someone was paying attention ..

Theres no doubt that sometime soon there will be nines on polyglas .

Posted By: tbone

Re: F.A.S.T.@ Etown Some new heavies but Dudek still tops. - 09/14/09 04:43 PM

Quote:

If there were a F.A.S.T race at Brainerd or anywhere close to Minnesota I would be there.I have a car that all I would have to do is change tires and put my exhaust manifolds on.
© 2024 Moparts Forums