Moparts

What extras should I bring to the track 1000 miles away

Posted By: fig426

What extras should I bring to the track 1000 miles away - 09/04/09 03:40 AM

So I'm headed fron Jersey to St. Louis at the end of the month with the T/A. It's not fast. Runs 12.4 at 112 with a 8 3/4 and a 4 speed with a 416 6 pack. I'm bringing an extra center section, extra axles, extra driveshaft, extra msd box, plugs and wires. It's 1000 miles from home so it's not like I can just run home and get something if it breaks. Any other suggestions?
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: What extras should I bring to the track 1000 miles away - 09/04/09 03:45 AM

The first thing that comes to my mind would be some carb. parts and some ignition stuff.
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: What extras should I bring to the track 1000 miles away - 09/04/09 03:54 AM

Leave the parts home and bring a trailer and a fold up chair and BBQ just in case you do break. Go and enjoy yourself, no need to worry about things that havnt happend yet...Have fun ..Phill
Posted By: fig426

Re: What extras should I bring to the track 1000 miles away - 09/04/09 07:34 AM

Quote:

Leave the parts home and bring a trailer and a fold up chair and BBQ just in case you do break. Go and enjoy yourself, no need to worry about things that havnt happend yet...Have fun ..Phill

I worry about that stuff. Especially if it happened on my first time run on Friday.
Posted By: FY1TA

Re: What extras should I bring to the track 1000 miles away - 09/04/09 11:22 AM

Lots of Captain Morgan !
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: What extras should I bring to the track 1000 miles away - 09/04/09 11:50 AM

I'd bring everything you got, 1000 miles is a long way just to drink beer.
Posted By: julian2007

Re: What extras should I bring to the track 1000 miles away - 09/04/09 11:58 AM

That all depends on how good the beer is that you drink!!
If I were you I would trailer it because even if you brake it you can still get home and still have fun.tow trucks around here are 2.00 a loaded mile.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: What extras should I bring to the track 1000 miles away - 09/04/09 12:09 PM

A spare starter if you have one. But they are typically available at most auto parts stores too. A multimeter is helpful for trouble shooting electrical stuff (including ignition wires).
Posted By: Crizila

Re: What extras should I bring to the track 1000 miles away - 09/04/09 12:37 PM

Ran in to this same question just towing 400 miles. I have a "standard" check list of tools and equipment that I take everytime I go to my local ( 60 miles away ) track. It also has a section on it to record ET data, changes I made to the car, and any other pertinant info. If you don't have one, make one. Then for long trips, just add to it. Keep your tool selection generic - crescent wernch, channel locks, etc. I also have mini tool kits made up for specific things I might want to do at the track on a particular outing - carb kit - ignition kit, etc. You will never cover all the bases, so don't forget the duct tape

Attached File
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: What extras should I bring to the track 1000 miles away - 09/04/09 01:41 PM

You know your car more than any of us... what do YOU
feel the weak points are..... if you have those parts,
take them... tools and testing equipment
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What extras should I bring to the track 1000 miles away - 09/04/09 02:10 PM

Bring what you'd be comfortable to work on. I won't take more than basic tools. If it's broke, it needs to be fixed correctly. Beer is great for not thinkin' about a broken car. Just make sure it's as ready as possible, before you go. Good luck.
© 2024 Moparts Forums