Moparts

Resistor or Non-resistor plugs?

Posted By: beepbeepdon

Resistor or Non-resistor plugs? - 09/03/09 05:02 PM

I am running a MSD6AL-2 with the MSD billet dist on a 440 with Edelbrock heads,Diamond Edelbrock dome 13:1 pistons. Drag only no street.Should I use resistor plugs or NON resistor?..... I am currently using Autolite AR3911's. I had this engine broke in on a engine dyno and once we started the pulls it started missing around 5300RPM.Was wondering if the AR3911 are NON-resistor plugs? And if so could they be the cause of the miss? What is the general consensus of the board on what type of plug is used? Thanks !!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Resistor or Non-resistor plugs? - 09/03/09 06:41 PM

I dont use a resistor plug for racing, I run the C59Y
for my SB
Posted By: BobR

Re: Resistor or Non-resistor plugs? - 09/03/09 06:57 PM

Quote:

I am running a MSD6AL-2 with the MSD billet dist on a 440 with Edelbrock heads,Diamond Edelbrock dome 13:1 pistons. Drag only no street.Should I use resistor plugs or NON resistor?..... I am currently using Autolite AR3911's. I had this engine broke in on a engine dyno and once we started the pulls it started missing around 5300RPM.Was wondering if the AR3911 are NON-resistor plugs? And if so could they be the cause of the miss? What is the general consensus of the board on what type of plug is used? Thanks !!

Yes they are non resistor and no the fact that they are non resistor is not your problem. What kind of wires are you using?

Resistor or Non-resistor plugs? - 09/03/09 07:40 PM

Summit's 8.5MM plug wires
Posted By: BobR

Re: Resistor or Non-resistor plugs? - 09/03/09 08:17 PM

Quote:

Summit's 8.5MM plug wires

Are they wire or supression type?

Resistor or Non-resistor plugs? - 09/03/09 09:42 PM

This is the summit description."Their spiral-wound copper conductor has extremely low resistance (just 40-50 ohm/ft.) combined with extremely high EMI suppression"
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Resistor or Non-resistor plugs? - 09/04/09 05:15 AM

Quote:

I have used both the AR3911 and AR3910 in several different BB stroker motors in my car and on the dyno using a MSD 7C in the car and 7AL2 on the dyno, no miss ever One motor is a pump gas 518 that I shift at or above 7000 RPM, the most recent motor I used them in was a used set to break the motor in and it is a 12.8 to compression motor on race gas, it made 872 HP at 6300 RPM and 865 HP at 7000 RPM, no missing with the old plugs Time to figure out what is causing your miss, good luck Let us know what you find BTW, what gap did you set them at?

Resistor or Non-resistor plugs? - 09/04/09 03:27 PM

Unfortunately I think the gapping of the plugs was wrong @ 25 ( I was told to set them to that ) The dyno owner believes the 2 wire cable that goes from the MSD6AL to the distributor is reversed.(like reversed polarity).I ran out of dyno time b4 we can find the cause of the miss.I thought maybe the plugs were the wrong ones.
Posted By: aarcuda

Re: Resistor or Non-resistor plugs? - 09/04/09 05:39 PM

Hyd cam? If so,lifters pumping up

Resistor or Non-resistor plugs? - 09/08/09 05:49 PM

Cam is a Hughes flat tappet solid
© 2024 Moparts Forums