Moparts

Jegs Drag Pac Challenger

Posted By: Frito

Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 08/31/09 02:25 PM

Who will drive the Jegs Drag Pac Challenger? If Jeggie drives, how will it affect his relationship with Cagnazzi and GM? Inquiring minds want to know.

Ben??
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 08/31/09 02:30 PM

doesnt jeggie or troy or mike have kids that are old enough to drive something now?

maybe its next generation?
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 08/31/09 02:41 PM

Jegggie has a boy IIRC Jegg jr...but he probably is only 10-12..what a lucky boy he is hu?
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 08/31/09 03:42 PM

I didn't know that Jegs even got one. Well, I am not totally surprised....
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 08/31/09 04:36 PM

I had heard that Jeg was one of the first to order. I bet he would be tough to beat in the sportsman ranks with it.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 08/31/09 05:18 PM

Yep with his ability to mow over a tree he would be hard to beat. I would love to see his car, and Garlits car going down the strip together...
Posted By: Garceau

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 08/31/09 05:20 PM

He has driven the hemi SS/AA cars at indy while racing for GM hasnt he?

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 08/31/09 05:24 PM

Quote:

Nope!! The year he drove and won in the Hemi Challenge in Michael Ogburn's (West Coast Hemi) car he was driving a Dodge pro stocker out of Don Schumacher's.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 08/31/09 05:24 PM

Quote:

SS/AH, he drove someones car for a stint, can't recall whos car though.

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 08/31/09 06:02 PM

He drove Harry Holton's Cuda the year he was driving Shumacher's Stratus. The next year he drove it again, but had to get special "permission" from GM to do so.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 08/31/09 06:20 PM

There are plenty of Coughlins to go around. Mike or John would be my guess.
Posted By: mprrlz

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 05:08 AM

Troy's son, Troy Jr has been racing a dragster.

I think which ever Coughlin drives, it will be an awesome car and do very well.

Just my

Cory
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 01:16 PM

GM dropped their sponsorship with Cagnazzi, Anderson and everybody else. Why would anyone be bothered by Jeg driving a sportsman car, Dodge or otherwise?
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 02:12 PM

It would be a good time for Dodge to throw some money their way.
Posted By: mopartony

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 02:26 PM

Watch for the Cagnazzi group to go to Ford. In a year or so if GM does not pony up some $$. He has the $$$ but GM is not doing anything to really "help" them. The DRCE block and heads are old tech now and the DRCE2 stuff they hated. The DRCE3 is being birthed but it is a $$ issue, then the R&D to get it up and running.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 03:39 PM

Jeg bought and paid for the Challenger. He also helped during the later stages of factory testing.

The GM is/was somebody else's car that Jeg drove, and otherwise didn't have any investment in.

Seems like a big difference there

Don't look for Dodge to be handing out any money anytime soon.

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 05:26 PM

You know Zippy, I honestly believe that Dodge might be even better served to maintain the one PS effort (AJ) and focus even more on the new Drag Pak Challengers, as well as the many other Stock/SS racers who are committed to Mopar and have been for many years.

Although I appreciate the technology in Pro Stock racing, they have "evolved" into gas burning funny cars, all cookie cutter and all running the same. IF they would run real versions of real cars in Pro Stock...Challys, Mustangs, Camaros, etc., they might even get some billing.

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 06:55 PM

YES, Yes & Yes!!!

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 06:58 PM

Jeg is a business man and although committed to racing I really dont think he cares too much what he is driving, he just can flat out drive.

His bracket cars, what brand are they? What motors? Last I knew they were all Chevy's. Not that it matters to me.

I like the guy, heard great things about him while he is bracket racing too. Never crossed paths with him.
Posted By: mopartony

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 07:26 PM

Guys who love to race for the most part could care less what make is on the car. Now is a car company cuts a guy a breaka nd really helps, yes I can see some brand loyalty. see Tony Stewart. GM had just given him big $$ for his sprint and Midget programs and because he is signed with JG Racing he has to move to turd(TRD) But bailed back to GM ASAP. He could have gone anywhere.
Posted By: DusterDog

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 09:21 PM

Quote:

You know Zippy, I honestly believe that Dodge might be even better served to maintain the one PS effort (AJ) and focus even more on the new Drag Pak Challengers, as well as the many other Stock/SS racers who are committed to Mopar and have been for many years.

Although I appreciate the technology in Pro Stock racing, they have "evolved" into gas burning funny cars, all cookie cutter and all running the same. IF they would run real versions of real cars in Pro Stock...Challys, Mustangs, Camaros, etc., they might even get some billing.

What Steve said!!!!!
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 09:44 PM

Quote:

Jeg is a business man and although committed to racing I really dont think he cares too much what he is driving, he just can flat out drive.

His bracket cars, what brand are they? What motors? Last I knew they were all Chevy's. Not that it matters to me.

I like the guy, heard great things about him while he is bracket racing too. Never crossed paths with him.

Last I knew he had a '66 Nova wagon bracket car with a big inch BB Chevy, Glide, CD player and A/C.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 09:50 PM

Quote:

You know Zippy, I honestly believe that Dodge might be even better served to maintain the one PS effort (AJ) and focus even more on the new Drag Pak Challengers

We did the first part, at least I was told that some time ago. Nobody has a deal except AJ.

On the second part, there has always been lots of work, exitement, and discussion re: the Challengers. Now more than ever with Indy coming.

What you're suggesting could very well come true but it's anyone's guess how an increased focus might or might not manifest itself. Luckily I don't have any say in such things....if I did, I'd be lambasted around here on a regular basis.

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 10:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Last I knew he had a '66 Nova wagon bracket car with a big inch BB Chevy, Glide, CD player and A/C.

and a generator to run everything while in the lanes so everyone can listen to the country tunes last I heard he was winning some pretty good money in the primered wagon with the country music coming from it. I think all his bracket dragsters have chevys in them too.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 11:06 PM

Garlits at Indy

Attached picture 5455806-indytuesday010.jpg
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/01/09 11:07 PM

Yea, he works on it too.

Attached picture 5455808-indytuesday009.jpg
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/02/09 12:29 AM

I love that, hes a millionaire and his jack looks worse than mine...

he is awsome...

kasey
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/02/09 01:34 AM

"Big" is 77 years old too!!

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/02/09 01:43 AM

Here is the official Chrysler media release...

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=9034&mid=1

Pretty cool.

You know, this deal is deja vu for me, and for those who lived and still live the old SS wars. These Challys, and even the CJs, are a blend of the old school and new school stuff. I wouldn't be at all interested if they were all running turbocharged 6 buzz boxes like Sport Compact, but they have V8 engines, with Torqueflite transmissions! Great.

I will be watching Indy this year with more interest than I have for a long time. And, it won't be the fuel circus or even PS. It will be the Hemi challenge and Super Stock/Stock Eliminator. Are you listening, Glendora??
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Jegs Drag Pac Challenger - 09/02/09 02:05 AM

http://www.nhra.com/story/2009/8/31/garlits-to-return-at-mac-tools-u.s.-nationals/

The Chrysler press release looks pretty much like the NHRA one posted a few days ago. Which came first, who knows? Maybe Stock will get some press coverage from the "nitro" announcers like Paul Page and NHRA Today. I don't think Paul even understands Pro Stock. I bet his first question was why they didn't run nitro?
© 2024 Moparts Forums