Moparts

Innovate LM-1 vs LM-2

Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Innovate LM-1 vs LM-2 - 08/31/09 04:29 AM

Anybody able to tell me what real useful differences one has over the other.. I know the LM-2 is the "replacement" for the LM-1 & that the LM-2 has a 32 channel data logging capabilty but seriously for musclecars/hotrods without electronic engine controls is there any value in all the fluff??

Thats for your input..
Posted By: GTXKen

Re: Innovate LM-1 vs LM-2 - 08/31/09 04:41 AM

Check the web site to make sure but the LM-2 has the RPM input and I believe the LM-1 does not. I like the LM-2 because I can use it on my driver as an ODB2 reader
Posted By: 1badx

Re: Innovate LM-1 vs LM-2 - 08/31/09 11:42 AM

The biggest difference is the OBD2 "real time" viewing/logging as stated above. So to answer your question about "old school" cars like ours, the OBD2 features won't be of any use and the LM-1 will work fine.
Posted By: Troublemaker427

Re: Innovate LM-1 vs LM-2 - 08/31/09 11:44 AM

Is the LM1 still available for sale anywhere?
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Innovate LM-1 vs LM-2 - 08/31/09 02:11 PM

Quote:

The biggest difference is the OBD2 "real time" viewing/logging as stated above. So to answer your question about "old school" cars like ours, the OBD2 features won't be of any use and the LM-1 will work fine.

That is one way to look at it. Another is at what rpm does your engine go lean or rich?
With add ons you can get rpm on the LM-1.
The LM-2 you just hook up a wire to your MSD rpm/tach wire. Then you know what your carb does at launch, on the shifts, at idle if you have a couple feet of pipe after the sensor. I like it as a VERY useful tool for tuning! Don

Attached picture 5452343-DSC00074.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums