Moparts

Windage Tray?

Posted By: MNobody

Windage Tray? - 08/30/09 06:50 PM

I'm going to build a 408 stroker and i've heard you don't need a windage tray? I'm going to try and modify a stock oil pan for more capacity or go aftermarket. Thanks.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Windage Tray? - 08/30/09 07:01 PM

Most benifit from a tray.Its usually cheap ponys.Rocky
Posted By: mopars rule

Re: Windage Tray? - 08/30/09 07:04 PM

When I put main studs on my smallblock I couldn't use the windage tray because the studs hit the pan. So I got a screen for the pan and put on a dual crankscraper. I believe there is power to be gained by keepin down the drag on the crank.
Posted By: Lil Wedge

Re: Windage Tray? - 08/30/09 08:04 PM

I've used a windage tray with a 8 qt. milodon pan and saw no difference with or without it, however I never ran 8 qts. I usually run 6 qts. A good street strip oil pan is a Kevco and it hold 6 qts and has a scraper and doors and is under $200.00 IIRC
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Windage Tray? - 08/30/09 09:15 PM

Quote:

When I put main studs on my smallblock I couldn't use the windage tray because the studs hit the pan. So I got a screen for the pan and put on a dual crankscraper. I believe there is power to be gained by keepin down the drag on the crank.

Many SB NHRA stock class racers don't use a windage tray but most of them do use a scraper and a one way wire baffle.
Posted By: MNobody

Re: Windage Tray? - 08/30/09 11:25 PM

Thanks for the info
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Windage Tray? - 08/31/09 01:10 AM

I'm using a scraper from this source:

Ihihara-Johnson Crank Scrapers
© 2024 Moparts Forums