Moparts

Fuel return line

Posted By: DemonDust

Fuel return line - 08/29/09 04:43 AM

I'm mapping out my fuel system so I can figure out what fittings and how much line I need.

I am running two holley black fuel pumps and I'd like to run a return line instead of dead heading the system. When running a return line do you put the regulator after the carb to hold the fuel back? If you put the regulator in front of the carb the fuel will just flow right by the carb back to the cell right?

I've always used a holley blue and dead headed, so I'm new to the return line set up

Thanks for the help
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Fuel return line - 08/29/09 04:55 AM

mine is after the fuel log
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Fuel return line - 08/29/09 05:53 AM

The return line on a electronic fuel injection is from the regulator which is after the injectors so it will maintain the pressure on the injectors and release the pressure as needed. On a carburetor return line system it probally (I have not run a return line system from the front yet) has to have the return line from the return style regulator, I have a Product Engineering 4 port returm style regulator and it has a seperate port on the regulator for the return line
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: Fuel return line - 08/29/09 06:02 AM

I was looking at using one of the holley high flow regulators. So this would be placed after the carb right? The fuel log for my carb has the return off of it.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Fuel return line - 08/29/09 06:18 AM

Call Holley Tech and ask them the proper way to run one on thier regulator. I use Magnflow pumps with BG regulators now and the return line is from the pump to the cell, not from the front of the car I called Product Engineering on their regulator and they said to plug it(the return port) off if I wanted to use the Magnaflow pump
Posted By: G_bob

Re: Fuel return line - 08/29/09 01:59 PM

I use a mallory 250 pump and RobbMc return style regulator. With this system, the return line goes from the regulator back to the tank.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Fuel return line - 08/29/09 08:48 PM

Quote:

I use a mallory 250 pump and RobbMc return style regulator. With this system, the return line goes from the regulator back to the tank.

G BOB wheres your return ,i dont see it, heres my product engineering return system with -8 AN line back to the fuel cell.

Attached picture 5449087-63PLYMOUTHFUELSYSTEM,RETURN008.JPG

Re: Fuel return line - 08/29/09 08:49 PM

another shot, i like my regulator in front of my carbs for the g force.they recommend 12" in front.

Attached picture 5449092-63PLYMOUTHFUELSYSTEM,RETURN009.JPG
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Fuel return line - 08/29/09 11:59 PM

What are those 2 little lines off the splitter?? Looks like brake lines
Posted By: chryco

Re: Fuel return line - 08/30/09 12:11 AM

Check out these articles ..........

http://www.gnetworks.com/v4files/barrygrant/Pressure&FlowNDweb.pdf

Attached picture 5449438-IMG_2189.jpg

Re: Fuel return line - 08/30/09 01:00 AM

Quote:

What are those 2 little lines off the splitter?? Looks like brake lines

those high and low port return lines with different size jets going back to the cell from the y block.

Attached picture 5449519-63PLYMOUTHFUELSYSTEM,RETURN008.JPG
Posted By: G_bob

Re: Fuel return line - 08/30/09 02:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

G BOB wheres your return ,i dont see it, heres my product engineering return system with -8 AN line back to the fuel cell.

Fuel feed and return lines are on the other side of the inner fender.

Attached picture 5449723-Fuel-Lines.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums