Moparts

Window net?

Posted By: Otherlane

Window net? - 08/28/09 11:09 PM

What do you guys use to latch your windown net to a no funny cage car? what windown do you guys also? like to see pics if possible.thanks
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Window net? - 08/29/09 12:19 AM

I bought a kit from here
http://www.rjsracing.com/windownets.html
Plus they will make custom shape nets if you need it,
just make a card board template

Re: Window net? - 08/29/09 10:58 AM

87 people looked at this post and no one has window nets? Like to see some pics of yours if i can
Posted By: DusterKid

Re: Window net? - 08/29/09 12:17 PM

I used the kit that Mr.P Body posted a link to, I use the one with the angle bottom as it fit better in my window opening.
Posted By: hemiparts

Re: Window net? - 08/29/09 12:26 PM

I don't have a funny car cage, but I made my own mount its basicly a L shaped piece that hinges on one end and has a pull up stop on the other . I'll get over to the shop this evening anf try to take some pic's

Re: Window net? - 08/29/09 12:57 PM

Ok just dont know if i want the seat belt latch.want to see what if looks like on other peoples cars
Posted By: Garceau

Re: Window net? - 08/29/09 02:07 PM

Used seat belt latches in many, one thing to consider is the friggen tab welded to the bar. If its a tight squeeze in you will fight it.

Old man recently went and put in old hardware from race belts, works much better in his car.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Window net? - 08/30/09 01:56 PM

I have no pictures since mine isn't done yet. I've checked out a few different types. I'm not a big fan of the bulky seat belt buckle. My buddys new S/S Mustang uses a spring loaded ball stud from carb linkage to latch the rod. My last car used a quick pin thru a pair of tabs. Both rods are vertical on my friends GTX. The rear is rod vertical along the main hoop. The front rod pivots up from the door bar stretching the net forward to back. That way there are no cables needed to attach the rods.
Doug
Posted By: TS3303

Re: Window net? - 08/30/09 03:26 PM

I got tired of raking my back across the seat belt tab so I redid mine when I added the FC cage. Sounds like mine is the same as Dougs. Its a spring loaded ball joint linkage. I also made a cardboard template and had RJS custom make it. Will go out to the garage and take a couple pics for you.

http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/115/gfx/small/6058kp4s.gif
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Window net? - 08/30/09 03:35 PM

Mine is attached with a seat belt tab as well. It is far enough forward that I have not hit my head on it ever. I dont have any pics though. My net is a Stroud.
Posted By: Blucuda413

Re: Window net? - 08/30/09 05:00 PM

I believe most cars do use a type of seat belt catch. I also believe that in an emergency most people that would attempt to help remove you from a car would be looking for a seat belt release. Some of the other systems used the person would never be able to release the catch to assist getting you out of the car. Be safe and use the typical release. Some of them that come in kits are not huge seat belt size units but are very easy to use and do not get in the way.

Re: Window net? - 08/30/09 06:32 PM

battery was low so pics are blurry, will retake after batteries get charged.

Attached picture 5450721-IMG_7027b.JPG

Re: Window net? - 08/30/09 06:33 PM

Attached picture 5450722-IMG_7031b.JPG

Re: Window net? - 08/30/09 10:57 PM

TS3033
© 2024 Moparts Forums