Moparts

Trapped air???

Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Trapped air??? - 08/28/09 01:44 PM

Okay dad put a plate over the front opening, between the grill and the core support to cover the hole many years ago, and I'm woundering if maybe that is trapping air and slowing the car down.. any thoughts.. In the picture you can see it bottom left and runs the lenght of the front end..
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Trapped air??? - 08/28/09 04:02 PM

Have you run the car since adding the plate? If so what are the results on the MPH? I think it is a good idea based on past experiences with three different Dusters, it forces the air to go thru the radiator and the holes in the core support instead of blowing over the top of the core support into the engine compartment forcing the front edge of the hood up trying to rip it off

Re: Trapped air??? - 08/28/09 04:07 PM

Its never not had it on... as as far back as I can remember its been there.. Dad bought the car in 73 and has been in the family since. But has always had that plate there...

Re: Trapped air??? - 08/28/09 04:28 PM

And I really don't think that it helps with the hood cause at 135 it still wants to come off.
Posted By: cudabunch

Re: Trapped air??? - 08/28/09 04:40 PM

i dont think that is slowing anything down. Is that a cool can ? What hood and scoop ?

Re: Trapped air??? - 08/28/09 04:50 PM

yep that sure is.. It's been there forever.. I have changed the fuel system on the car and I'm running a return line. Had vapor lock problems before, and not a lot of money, and It was free.

Its a fiberglass 6inch cowl hood..
Posted By: cudabunch

Re: Trapped air??? - 08/28/09 05:00 PM

Quote:

yep that sure is.. It's been there forever.. I have changed the fuel system on the car and I'm running a return line. Had vapor lock problems before, and not a lot of money, and It was free.

Its a fiberglass 6inch cowl hood..

Put some rubber molding between the radiator support and the hood to stop the air.

Re: Trapped air??? - 08/28/09 09:58 PM

Anyone else... Should I leave it or pull it and try it on a run or two...
night time guys..
Posted By: jcc

Re: Trapped air??? - 08/29/09 02:40 AM

I'd vote leave it in place, but a very easy test, likely to give negative results, make a run with the hood off.
© 2024 Moparts Forums