Moparts

Seattle racing....

Posted By: superwrench

Seattle racing.... - 08/23/09 01:10 AM

Anyone out there got some lowdown on this weekends top runners in the 50Grand meet??
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Seattle racing.... - 08/24/09 12:05 AM

A couple Members took home some bucks this weekend.

I double entered the dart into pro/non electronics for the weekend.
Friday I lost first round on one side with a .00 something redlight. The other side I went 5 rounds or so, to the quarters, final 6 cars before I lost to a 7.90 digger. Yes, a 7.90 digger in pro. Got a check for my efforts anyways.

Saturday, I went 3 rounds on both sides of the ladder before the car threw me for a loop, I was in on both sides of the ladder so I had to make 2 passes in 6 minutes, first was way under for a breakout, second the car fell off, strange as it usually picks up being hot lapped. So my day was over after making it to 3rd round on both sides (4th round was the money round).

Sunday, no time runs, dial and go, no clue what to dial as the car ran super fast saturday morning out of no where, so I dial about where it usually runs, but a little too soft. I went .020 to some 10.0 novas .037. Couldn't tighten it up enough, breakout. The other side of the ladder I took out a couple guys including my buddy Dallas in the wheelstanding stocker vette from pinks. Turned on the bottom bulb again though later -.003, the round before the money.

Made some of my money back, had a good time. Lots of good racing, and tight packages. Got to meet Chris Stone finally, and watched him go some rounds. Not too many racers actually considering it was a guaranteed purse, but always a good time.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Seattle racing.... - 08/24/09 12:21 AM

Congrats Dustin
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: Seattle racing.... - 08/24/09 01:13 AM

Same basic story here.. I was on my game pretty much all weekend, cutting lower than .050 lights all weekend, never once red.. It seemed I just couldnt catch a break. Made it to the 3rd round 3 times out of my 6 total opportunities, and had 2 guys go .00x on me to send me home... Just not my weekend.

A long, fun weekend at the track for sure, including all kinds of drunken debauchery for entertainment...
Posted By: 10sec440

Re: Seattle racing.... - 08/24/09 05:39 AM

We had an absolute blast and it was great to finally meet and hang out with some moparts guys.I had low expectations as I knew we would only get 1 time trial.Luckily the rollout was very similar to what I'm used to and I was able to make some adjustments.

"A" race - 1st rd, buddy cuts an .001 on me and I was toast. In the "B" race things turned around and I got down to 3 cars but I went in too deep and went red. Sunday I made it to the 3rd round but fell asleep at the tree and lost.

I almost made enough to pay for the weekend except for the tire I had to buy. When I got to the track I had a shredded trailer tire and didn't know it. I put my spare on but it had been damaged so badly by the sun, I didn't make it 5 miles and it blew and ripped my fender off! My GPS saved my skin and after phoning around I found the one place that was open (Firestone in Auburn).
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Seattle racing.... - 08/24/09 04:06 PM

Glad to see you got a new tire on it and headed home Chris.
Posted By: superwrench

Re: Seattle racing.... - 08/24/09 04:08 PM

You gotta hate it when some smart-azz cuts .00X lights!!!
As long as you guys had fun!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums