Moparts

Muscle Motors

Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 11:59 AM

Anybody here ever deal with them? What was your experience. Trying to nail down the best route for my next endeavour for my 69 Charger. My experience is with small block strokers, so I'm new to the Big Block seen. Looking for 600 or so pump gas horsepower with an intake that will fit under my stock hood. Also pump gas. Muscle motors sent me some literature on their Killer Krate that they advertise 650 horses on pump gas for $9999. Would love to find Bob George Racing but I don't know their number, or DRAM. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: challenged448

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 12:16 PM

I have 2 motors built by them. One has been running in a street/strip car for 10 years no problems. The other I have running for about a year 540 pump gas 9.88, 136 in a A body. Will be faster when I get the suspension worked out. Easy guys to work with , Mike knows what he is doing. Bob George, Dram, Best Machine, Can't go wrong.
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 02:11 PM

Quote:

Anybody here ever deal with them? What was your experience. Trying to nail down the best route for my next endeavour for my 69 Charger. My experience is with small block strokers, so I'm new to the Big Block seen. Looking for 600 or so pump gas horsepower with an intake that will fit under my stock hood. Also pump gas. Muscle motors sent me some literature on their Killer Krate that they advertise 650 horses on pump gas for $9999. Would love to find Bob George Racing but I don't know their number, or DRAM. Thanks for the help.

Send a pm to BG Racing to get Bob.
Posted By: Diablo

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 04:38 PM

MM;s have some great guys there! I deal with them off and on with my 496 engine. Nice to talk to and help you out when ever you need it. But as Mentioned BG or Dram seem to be great as well
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 06:41 PM

BG racing is a club. dont think he is doing any motors for the public.
pm arc on the board here if you are looking to make power at a fantastic price or email Alan at ARC501@verizon.net
hes a no nonsense get it done right the 1st time.
he has built 3 motors for me and we are on the 4th.
why settle for less.

Attached picture 5431690-Indyintake63plymouth004.JPG

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 06:58 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Keep 'em coming.
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 08:20 PM

Quote:

BG racing is a club. dont think he is doing any motors for the public.
pm arc on the board here if you are looking to make power at a fantastic price or email Alan at ARC501@verizon.net
hes a no nonsense get it done right the 1st time.
he has built 3 motors for me and we are on the 4th which will be the fastest NSS car in the country.
why settle for less.

what are you considering a nss car chris?
Posted By: 65HemiCoronet

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 09:02 PM

I had a high end 528 hemi built by Mike at Muscle Motors. There was some drama involved, but in the end, Mike is a stand up guy by me. He did a great job on the motor, and his customer service with me has been great. At times he's busy, but he has always got back to me. I'd have another motor built by them.....my
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 09:13 PM

Don't forget Dwayne Porter,in Vermont,or Brian(ou812)in Cally! Both sound top-notch as well! RandyB
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 10:03 PM

mike is a good dude and has built lots of fast Mopar engines.
Posted By: bullet440

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 10:16 PM

They put together a 493 for my buddy, made like 640 ish on pump gas and he has taken it on drag week twice and probaly about 4to 5k on it and not a lick of problems.
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 10:23 PM

mike ware is the best out there in the mopar world in my opinion
Posted By: 64Post

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 10:41 PM

Diamondback is in your neck of the woods, but I don't believe anyone here has a motor built by them.
Posted By: blk00rt

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 10:45 PM

about 4 or 5 years ago two of my friends had muscle motors build them 408 stroker magnum motors. Both motors were messed up, the bores were not round and both motors lasted less than one year. I personally would not buy from them, I know some has had good luck but I guess not my friends.
Posted By: BadMoonRacer

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 10:59 PM

I have been doing business with Muscle Motors for many years. Bought a stroker kit and a block from them. They have excellent products and their service is friendly and honest.

Ragnar in Iceland
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 11:21 PM

I purchased a set of new 440-1 Indy heads from them years back. They was gone over with a fine tooth comb before operation, and they ended up getting run as is. They were in good usable shape. Nothing, I mean Nothing gets used by me OOTB, without a check up.
For this reason, I assemble my own engines, transmissions, rear diffs etc.
That way there is only one place to point a finger when something goes wrong.
Posted By: blownEFI

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 11:26 PM

Mike built me a 496 back in 2002, I put a supercharger on it and later a big turbo, it ran great. I would do business with Mike again.
Posted By: MOPARCHAS

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 11:28 PM

I buy all my parts from Mike and Eric
customer service is the best you can find
they will go out of their way to help you

Attached picture 5432167-MoparChas70Chally-1.jpg
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 11:29 PM

I've bought many pieces from Mike Ware, good guy and helps with you any way he can
Posted By: Lil Demon

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 11:33 PM

My heap has a Muscle Motors bullet in it as well.
Posted By: kruger

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/21/09 11:51 PM

My Muscle Motors still going strong after 3 years.
There a good bunch over there and always willing to help you out.
http://www.musclemotorsracing.com/
I'd say try them or Damon Kuhn at www.diamondbackengines.com
NSS is his specialty if thats what your going to run.
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/22/09 03:08 AM

I have had many dealings with Muscle Motors, I recommend them to anyone. Eric and Mike go out of their way for you.
Joey
Posted By: gator1inva

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/22/09 02:23 PM

i have bought several kits from mike and eric has been awesome, i have went promod racing,and going adrl racing now i have my car in the 3.90 in the 1/8 and 5.97 in the 1/4. i still have allot of MM parts from my wedges days,now I am a Bae blown 526 HEMI, I had a 528 b1 wedge in a 2850 chassis car went 6.90s on a 200 kit and 7.24 on motor,and had b1-ts from MM parts went 6.80s on motor,and 6.40s on 400 fogger. I also have a 440 block that is a 543 on MM parts that my 235 red runs 240s 6.40s on motor alone, MIKE AND ERIC are awesome , there are times problems happen,but they went threw hell to get my stuff right,I have been a hemi dealer for 13 years and they are one of the true mopar performance guys,that run what they sell, try them you will be pleased.
Posted By: moretoys

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/23/09 02:25 AM

I know a handfull of guys that used them.All had problems.but did get resolved eventually.But engines did have too come back out and sent back.Maybe they had some help problems???No one has a perfect record.Be clear on what you want,maybe even take some advise on parts,even question them on the parts they are using.He does know how too make some powerfull engines.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/23/09 03:51 PM

No problems here. Many kits, several wedge builds as well as hemi.
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/24/09 08:18 AM

I have bought alot of parts from them and customer service is EXCELLENT.
Mike and Eric are Great to talk with and get the Correct parts from the first time.
They have been a Huge Help in getting my stuff running.
David
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/24/09 01:36 PM

Quote:

Diamondback is in your neck of the woods, but I don't believe anyone here has a motor built by them.

Out of business...
Posted By: supercomp

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/24/09 05:14 PM

I can't get to the parts on Mike's site, only his blog.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/24/09 07:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Out of business...

No he is not!
Posted By: kruger

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/24/09 10:46 PM

Diamondback Racing is not out of business,been dealing with them the past 3 months.
Sorry off topic.......
Posted By: 70VcodeCoronetRT

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/24/09 10:49 PM

Anyone buy one of their street killer crate motors?

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/24/09 11:05 PM

This is what I was looking at.
Posted By: hugo

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/25/09 02:00 AM

I have bought a rotating assembly for my car and many other parts for it. Great customer service and Mike know his stuff pretty well. He has been very helpfull in my build since we had some issues. He was always availiable and answered most of our questions. Always willing to help!!!
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/25/09 04:12 AM

I ordered some parts from there and Mike personally called me with a few questions and suggested how I could do the build and get the same results for less money. Pretty cool that he basically took money out of his own pocket to help me.

I did get some used heads that had obviouslt not been throughly checked out when MM did the work on them. In their defense, the customer might not have asked for any checking to be done but I would think that some basic inspection/correction would be in order for a set of prepped heads. The car was slow and MM name was tagged with it since the heads came out of their shop.

It is a hard balance between getting a sale and keeping up your rep, I get that. At the same time, I wouldn't want parts that I worked over going out without a good checking.

So I would tell them I want to spend the extra to get a fully checked/blueprinted deal and not just a slammed together engine with minimal inspection.
Posted By: USMCBuckWild

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/25/09 04:15 PM

I have a Diamondback 408 Stroker, great motor, but it's internals are a total mystery.... Bought it from a racer who couldn't say no to nose candy, and needed money.
Posted By: julian2007

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/25/09 05:13 PM

Hey Gator how did you get a 235 in dragster to run 6.40's on a 440 block 543? I would be impressed if it ran 7.40's on all motor. What is the 240 number, mph? I need to call Mike I need one of those super 543's for my 235 spitzer. There are some big named people who have 655 predator motors that are not even close to those numbers.This has to be a world record, some one call guinness.
Posted By: mrpatel

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/27/09 01:00 AM

Mike built my 511 for me with a Solid roller, runs on pump gas and says its good for 625HP and 675Ft/Tq. Reasonably priced. Andrew
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/27/09 02:45 AM

My 451 Stroker shortblock was from Muscle Motors (about 20 years ago!) I delt with Chuck Senator, and he was really a great guy, was willing to spend quite a bit of time explaining all the options and pros/cons of various configurations.
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: Muscle Motors - 08/27/09 03:05 PM

Like the others Muscle Motors is top notch guys in every way. I have an old 474 combo of theres, nothing but run after run. Might finally have to replace the crank this year. Combo has been together for 15 years or so. With no problems whatsoever thus far. Car is consistant as they come as well. The only thing they need to work on is there web page. See ya, Ken

Attached picture 5444171-motor.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums