Moparts

Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please

Posted By: MoparsnMissiles

Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/20/09 07:15 PM

Looking for recommendations/experiences with enclosed car hauler trailers. I plan to purchase a new trailer soon, but would appreciate hearing your thoughts/experiences with different brands. I'm looking at Pace/American and Haulmark for the most part. Preferences? Thanks for the input.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/20/09 07:17 PM

What kind of car do you have and what are your intentions for using the trailer?
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/20/09 08:08 PM

Get 6,000 lb axles with 16" wheels/tires regardless of what brand you buy. Tires will last much longer and braking will be better.

Also, get at least 2' more than you think you will need.

I've heard good and bad about them all. But a good used, but not abused, might be worth considering also.
Posted By: rbstroker

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/20/09 09:43 PM

I have a 24' that is really too big for my needs. Wish I would have purchased a 20'. Be sure that you don't get more than you need.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/20/09 09:56 PM

Quote:

I have a 24' that is really too big for my needs. Wish I would have purchased a 20'. Be sure that you don't get more than you need.

Usally the other way around, it was for me.
I agree with the above poster in getting 2 feet more than you need, maybe even 4' more.
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/20/09 09:58 PM

rbstroker
Is it to long do to storage limitations?
I would love to have a 24' or longer enclosed trailer if a had a place to park it, but I just don't have the space.
Posted By: G_bob

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/20/09 10:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Usally the other way around, it was for me.
I agree with the above poster in getting 2 feet more than you need, maybe even 4' more.

First time I've ever heard anybody say they wish they'd bought smaller.

I borrowed a 20ft from a friend a couple times, so I knew I needed more than that. Waffled over whether to get a 24 or 26ft, so I ended up buying a 28ft.

I bought a pace with the daytona pkg and added a winch and tool box. Had it for a year and a half now. Very pleased with it so far.
Oh yeah, I also took the advice from the board and got 6000lb axles and 16" wheels.
Posted By: Garceau

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/20/09 11:39 PM

If you are buying new and can order one. Get a good floor in it, many are going with the rubberized coin floor then the alum tread plate for the wheels etc.

I had an awning on my 28 and I loved it. Was nice to get the car out of the sun, and able to relax outside with a breeze etc. Also the halogen lights were a big plus in the dark. They lit up the place and could do many things.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 12:46 AM

I looked at most mfg's before I picked one .
I think the mid range brands Halmark, Pace, Vintage,Classic, etc. are all very close..

I'd rank the Classic as the top of those brands and Pace coming in 2nd ..3rd is tied

There is trailers that are built much nicer if you want to spend more, Ultima's, T&E's , Performax , Gold Rush and others

With the current state of the economy, You "Might" be able to work a deal on one ..don't know

Just depends on the budget

The biggest consideration no one considers is the vehicle used to tow a enclosed ..
If you don't tow far , You can get by with less truck but, if you tow any distance ..

Mine is a pace, the options are endless on them
I have a full rest room in mine ..

My suggestion is go to a local division race or national event and look at the sportsman pits and make a list of the things you like or don't like

Attached picture 5430418-2003_0101newtruck0803080004.JPG
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 01:09 AM

Quote:

My suggestion is go to a local division race or national event and look at the sportsman pits and make a list of the things you like or don't like

Sound advice. However, don't let others sway you on what you want. What works for you, works for you.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 01:10 AM

Will depend on your uses for the trailer other than
to just haul the car. On any trailer I would advise
getting a awning... one of the best things you can
get for it(shade is a valuable commodity at the track).
I store my car in it all the time unless I'm working
on it. On one of mine I made fold up bunk beds that
hinged off the walls... if you plan on sleeping in
it. All of the fancy cabinets they sell for them look
nice but you can put your own in for a lot less $$.
I would suggest at least 2' longer than you think
you need and the big axles are a must(with the 16"
wheels)

Posted By: Leon441

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 01:12 AM

My first enclosed was a 24ft Haulmark. The two 5200 lb 6 lug axles were plenty good. The trailer was insulated and lined with luan.

Two years later I stepped up to a 32 ft tri-axle goose neck also from Haulmark with the same 5200 lb axles. I did not care for the 215/75/15 tires. So when I bought alluminum wheels stepped up to 235/85/16 tires. Huge difference.

I desired a living quarter so I then went shopping. Fell in love with the Exiss Event trailers. The price was way over budget. So I then looked at the Mach 10 trailers from Exiss. The price was right but I wanted some of the Event features. Had a 40 ft custom made and then did the interior myself. I don't make the road trips I used to and the trailer is big for small tracks. But once we find room it is a pleasure to hang out at the track and if it is a good event we don't want to leave.

I have to agree with the other post. Get what your truck will be comfortable with. If you have a 3/4 ton you can handle an enclosed easily. Be carefull what you choose if you tow with a 1/2 ton especially if it is a short bed. Been there done that not again.

Leon
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 01:12 AM

I bought a used pace 28ft. from a racer looking to upgrade. Got heat / air, generator, wench,awning, outside/ inside 12v/ 120v power,plumbed for air, cabinets with metal topped counter with a vice. Diamond plate runners plus some of that pit pal stuff. The best thing that i like is the electric front tongue jack. Don't buy one without one. I'd like to do the 16" tires but the way the body structure is made , can't do it. Bigger is better only if you have a truck to stop it,

Posted By: jamesc

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 01:27 AM

you really need to post your budget and intentions. there's a ton of different options when it comes to trailers. most people are gonna get a tag trailer for a number of (valid) reasons. being i need a longer trailer than most (dragster) i got a new 40' ATC goose and can tell you there's just no comparison to the old 28' tag i was pulling. the goose pulls so much nicer it's like apples to oranges...of course so is the price.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 02:05 AM

I have had three different trailers, two different brands. Friends of mine that bought a Haulmark sold them and bought Pace Shadows or Pace Daytona GT, thier comparisions was low end Chevy versus Cadilacs on fit, finish and materials I have had a Pace Shadow 7000 lbs GVW 22 ft. custom trailer built, the salesman lied about the unladen wieght on that traler He said that the trailer would weigh around 3000 lbs empty, it actaully weighed 4250 lbs. when I picked it up at the factory in Hurricane ,Utah Don't do that, get the 10,000lb rated trailer wth the largest axles, wheels, tires and brakes(7200 lbs per axles is a good start ) you can get, especially if your having it built The last thing is do not overlaod the tow vechicle, some states see us recreational amatuer racers as a revenue source for them to write up and fine Shop around and make sure what you want before you order it as already said
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 02:43 AM

Quote:

you really need to post your budget and intentions. there's a ton of different options when it comes to trailers. most people are gonna get a tag trailer for a number of (valid) reasons. being i need a longer trailer than most (dragster) i got a new 40' ATC goose and can tell you there's just no comparison to the old 28' tag i was pulling. the goose pulls so much nicer it's like apples to oranges...of course so is the price.

the gooseneck pulls way nicer. just picked up my 40' continental cargo. just depends on what your budget is and how much you use it.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 03:13 AM

Quote:

First time I have ever heard anyone say they wished the bought a small trailer.

What kind of pit vehicle do you plan to take if any?
What type of tools do you plan to take with you?
If you have any type of pit vehicle, and want some space to put a few things in, a 28' would be minimal.
Posted By: Triggerfish

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 03:19 AM

I tow a 24' Pace behind my 02 Ram 2500 Cummins & it's a pleasure to tow. 24' gives me some room for the winch (which you would probably want) & room to store spare tires & get under the front end to hook up tie down straps. Make sure your tow vehicle is rated to tow that kind of load & hopefully, its a long wheelbase truck. Get a hitch stabilizer of some kind to help in windy conditions, etc. Pace is a good brand & I wish it had the driver entry door option, so I wouldn't have to climb thru the Challenger's window. Upgrades like aluminum siding inside, storage bins & floor tile are nice options, too. Don't forget the electric brakes & a bunch of tie down hooks.
Posted By: GTSDave

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 03:40 AM

I wish someone made a pop up enclosed trailer.

I can store a trailer in my back yard if it is not visible over the fence from the road (homeowners rules).

If I had a low rider trailer that was just tall enough to get the car in, or one that was like a hard shell pop up it would be perfect.

There are plenty of storage areas around here, but I am looking at $150 to 200 a month to park an enclosed there. I just can't justify that kind of money for storage.

For now I still have my open trailer. Fine for local races, but I will need an enclosed if I am going to travel to the larger NSS races.

Now you got me thinking and I have a head ache.

-Dave
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 04:08 AM

I have a used 28' tag, and I like the extra room so I can carry a pit vehicle, tools, spare parts , etc.
If you go any longer, get a goose neck trailer.
If there was one item I would change on my trailer, it would be the 15" rims and tires to the 16" size.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 04:31 AM

I have a friend that still races adn this summer we were talking about what a mistake it is to have a trailer w/o an awning or lounge. It is a real ****block when spring turns into summer.

If ordering new, I would get heavy duty parts and finish the inside later if the budget won't allow for it now.

I vividly recall a guy that towed a little over an hour to one of the local tracks. 1/2 ton Chevy ext cab and an enclosed 24' trailer. Tools and other gear in the bed. Bad mix.

It is a wonder he didn't wreck. He for sure hurt the life span of that truck. It made me nervous just passing him.

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 05:07 AM

Good point about the tow vehicle.
I pull the trailer with a 2005 Ram 3500 quad cab long bed 4x4 and a prodigy brake controller.
with the 28' tag trailer the combined length is darn long, which makes it really hard to cut the trailer when backing up. This is one place the goose neck trailers are nice, the other is decending icy mountian passes, as the tag wants to push the back end of the truck around easier than the goose neck, but this condition only came up once while driving through a snow storm on I-70 through Utah/Colorado. I just slowed way down, and stayed alert to tap the brake controller If I needed to as we passed several vehicles that had slid off the road.

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 11:36 AM

The reason that I wish I had gone to a 20' rather than the 24' is simple. There is just too much wasted space in my case. I only use it to transport my car(s), I don't carry a bunch of tools or a "pit" vehicle, it would tow easier, I sleep in motels, much easier to park and store, a 20' can be towed without a heavy duty tow vehicle, and the last reason is that I keep a de-humidifier going in it during the summer so the operating costs would be less.

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 11:42 AM

Quote:

All of the fancy cabinets they sell for them look
nice but you can put your own in for a lot less $$.
Quote:

Yes you can install cheaper cabinets, but they will be heavier than what trailer cabinets are and will they hold up to the vibration of towing? Every extra pound you tow cost you in fuel milage,tire wear and wear and tear on your tow vehicle. Somthing to keep in mind.

I outfitted my first trailer but soon learned that the stuff from the trailer manufacturer was better and lighter.

Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 01:27 PM

Quote:

I can store a trailer in my back yard if it is not visible over the fence from the road (homeowners rules).

If I had a low rider trailer that was just tall enough to get the car in, or one that was like a hard shell pop up it would be perfect.

There are plenty of storage areas around here, but I am looking at $150 to 200 a month to park an enclosed there. I just can't justify that kind of money for storage.

For now I still have my open trailer. Fine for local races, but I will need an enclosed if I am going to travel to the larger NSS races.

Now you got me thinking and I have a head ache.

-Dave

time to sell the house in a stupid subdivision , buy a trailer with sleeping quarters.

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 02:38 PM

Quote:

time to sell the house in a stupid subdivision , buy a trailer with sleeping quarters.

I would but the schools are fantastic, and anything out of an association is too far to get to work in the mornings. As it is I spend just over an hour in traffic to go the 21 miles one way to get to the office. The price you pay to live in the burbs where the good schools are.

On top of that we bought the family farm back home last year to keep the bank from getting it. Two mortgages pretty much guarantee I cannot move for many years!

Thought about taking my open hauler and building a removable hard top for it that was just tall enough for the car to fit in. At least until my trees grow in enough to hide a larger trailer.

-Dave

Attached picture 5431262-IMG_0077.JPG
Posted By: BDS871Cuda

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 03:16 PM

Quote:

Looking for recommendations/experiences with enclosed car hauler trailers. I plan to purchase a new trailer soon, but would appreciate hearing your thoughts/experiences with different brands. I'm looking at Pace/American and Haulmark for the most part. Preferences? Thanks for the input.

I would say Featherlite, yes new they are a lot
more money, but a used ones can be had at a heck
of a deal. Just have to keep your eyes open and
check every option. My boss picked up a '45 goose
neck Featherlite enclosed that was a year old for under
$19k. New they run 32k. The guy selling it needed
cash fast. My brother just picked up an open '20
Featherlite for $1700.
The nice part is, they weigh 1/2 as much as a
steel one.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 04:24 PM

Back in Dec of 2007, I got the itch to buy an enclosed and did quite a bit of shopping, pricing and looking around... When it was all said and done, I couldnt pass on the trailer I ended up buying..

It was a brand new 24' CargoMate and if I can remember correctly, we bought it for a little bit less than $6,000 out the door.

Sure it would be nice to have a gooseneck or 28 footer, but the way I see it is like this.. I may not have the longest, or the best... but it sure beats the heck out of towing with a rented open trailer..
Posted By: MFR440

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 05:52 PM

Everyone's needs and budget are different, but once you figure out what you want, call these guys:

Detro Trailers

You will NOT beat their price, and most likely you will be able to pick the trailer up at the factory (almost all brands are made in Elkhart, IN) and save a few hundred more. I bought a trailer last year by phone/mail, and never visited the dealership.
Posted By: webemopes

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 06:46 PM

HEY DAVE,YOU NEED TO BUILD A TALLER FENCE.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 07:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I would but the schools are fantastic, and anything out of an association is too far to get to work in the mornings. As it is I spend just over an hour in traffic to go the 21 miles one way to get to the office. The price you pay to live in the burbs where the good schools are.

On top of that we bought the family farm back home last year to keep the bank from getting it. Two mortgages pretty much guarantee I cannot move for many years!

Thought about taking my open hauler and building a removable hard top for it that was just tall enough for the car to fit in. At least until my trees grow in enough to hide a larger trailer.

-Dave

If your talking about that tree buy your trailer, you better get out the water hose and fertilizer. lol

Posted By: jg309

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 07:43 PM

BBB of Mascoutah,Il. 618-566-2888 by far the best inclosed trailer any where by far, 2nd to none, be wourth your call, tell them Tiny tould you to call

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 09:18 PM

Quote:

HEY DAVE,YOU NEED TO BUILD A TALLER FENCE.

Hehehe, It is already 6" taller than the rules allow.

And yes Rowin4, that is one of the trees LOL. I have a double row of fruit trees that I planted that are spread just right to make a nice hiding spot for the future trailer. Gotta make lemonade if you know what I mean.

There are 10 trees total, and that one is the runt. You can just barely see one of the plum trees on the other side of the trailer near the front of the car. Gonna be years before they are ready. Of course, it seems like yesterday I was watching my daughter learn to walk, and now she is a Jr. in high school. Time flys........ Those trees will be tall enough before I know it. The cuda may even be finished by then It sure seems like I am building it in slow motion.

I know I will have to buy an enclosed trailer, that is why I am enjoying this tread. Just doing searches on the ones mentioned already has me thinking I need to sell the Roadrunner and order up a nice one.

What about 5th wheel trailers? My 2500 Cummins Ram came with a 5th wheel hitch. The old couple that had it jack knifed it on their first trip out and sold the truck. I have never pulled with a 5th wheel, but see lots of them on the road. Do any of you pull regularly with one? How do you like it? Also, what are the storage rates in your area of the country? Maybe it is just in our neighborhood that the rates seem so high.

-Dave

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 09:48 PM

I park mine at my place ..

Attached picture 5432029-2004_0208pate090001.JPG
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/21/09 09:49 PM

There was a gentle man on Racing junk down south Ga, NC, some were down there that had some great prices. $4500-$4800 for a new 24' enclosed. Of coarse you couldnt expect it to have all the options, and over all finish as others, but still.
If you look around a 28' tag should be had in the $6k-$7K range.
I also agree with others, anything over 28' needs to be a Goose neck.

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/22/09 03:10 AM

I forgot, get the drivers side escape door if you can. It makes it way easier to just drive the car in/out of the trailer, and being able to open the drivers door inside the trailer to get in/out.

FWIW, My 28' trailer is a CargoMate Eliminator optioned with the 110-volt package with the outside quarts lighting, four florescent lights plus one over the front cabinets. I think it may have the Eliminator Package #1 also as it does not have the generator door. It does have the upper and lower cabinets at the front, but not the "L" shaped cabinets. It also has an A/C Heater on it. The guy I bought if from also mentioned he ordered it with an additional 6" height, so it is a bit taller than standard.
I though I got got a good deal for the $6,500 I paid for the used trailer.

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/22/09 03:18 AM

With making a opening it also makes a weak side, just put a winch in it and pull it in ..

The advantages for doing it that way are far better than trying to drive it it

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/22/09 04:14 AM

What about 5th wheel trailers? My 2500 Cummins Ram came with a 5th wheel hitch. The old couple that had it jack knifed it on their first trip out and sold the truck. I have never pulled with a 5th wheel, but see lots of them on the road. Do any of you pull regularly with one? How do you like it? Also, what are the storage rates in your area of the country? Maybe it is just in our neighborhood that the rates seem so high.

-Dave

I've had a tag and have a 5th wheel now... both towed
very good but my 5th wheel is 43' long... hard to
pull a tag that long.... but the 5th does pull
better with the front weight on top of the duallies,
sorry cant help with storage, I park my whole rig
next to my shop at home here... all I do is lower
the landing leg to take the weight off of the truck,
I dont even dis-connect

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/22/09 04:54 AM

Here is my deal ..

My trailer is 30 nose to tail ..

wheelie bar to front bumper is 18 feet, I roll it in the door about 12 inches
It has a extended tongue , pulls great .. period
can not fit all this in 30 feet plus tongue

I ditched the gen-door and have a 6500 inverter Honda its like 65 db (quiet) and its on wheels , my shore cord is 22 feet long ,it drops out the bottom and I set the gen set by my truck

I have toilet, shower and sink in mine on passenger side, vent window, etc .. and a small amount of cabinets up front of the car

I can carry a golf cart and a scooter and (more) ..it has roof air it is registered as a RV so no BS from the cops I thought it out very well I think

It weighs car, truck (dually) gen set, parts, stuff ,etc 18,750 and the awning idea that rolls out IMO suck , you hit your head on the support arms they dont really cover much and from my expericance with camper trailers come loose and tear them selves up

Picking a enclosed is like picking a lady ..one wants one thing, one wants another

Budget dicatates 85% of the purchase , I wanted a shower and toilet and I wanted a tag

My axles are 6200 lbs , I have a coin floor
Mine has no screws on the sides(smooth)er and they are .050

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/22/09 12:38 PM

and the awning idea that rolls out IMO suck , you hit your head on the support arms they dont really cover much and from my expericance with camper trailers come loose and tear them selves up

Mine has no screws on the sides(smooth)er and they are .050

Bigdad... this is where I disagree with you(and if you
look at the track so do most racer).... the awning,
I've put one on each trailer I've owned and if you
keep hitting your head on the supports
shade at a track ... well there isnt, unless you bring
your own(awning)
When I built my last one I wish I would have gone
with the smooth sides.... I hate all the screws...
just my opinion
Posted By: gator1inva

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/22/09 02:36 PM

I have a haulmark that is good,and affordable,have a 26,and a 24
for my promod i have a 40 low boy carolina, low height but i haul it coast to coast, but also have a 44 haulmark that i haul both door cars,or dragster and door car,it is a extra height love the room,but when hauling in the mountains,or long hauls you feel the lug, but with the 3500 no problems, but the bullydog on the 3500 make hauling great. I have bought several new ones,but have saving allot by buying used.\ you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Posted By: 7sec.cuda

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/22/09 03:23 PM

i went from a 28' tag to a 40' atc gooseneck should have done this a long time ago tows like a dream now i wish i bought bigger lol
Posted By: RSNAKE

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/22/09 05:53 PM

Quote:

-Dave

Does anyone have any experience with Trailex trailers? They make a low profile version that may be what you are looking for.

http://www.trailex.com/CTE-80180.cfm

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/22/09 06:43 PM

Quote:

Does anyone have any experience with Trailex trailers? They make a low profile version that may be what you are looking for.

http://www.trailex.com/CTE-80180.cfm

That thing would be perfect except for the $17k price tag! Under 7' would allow me to hide it in my back yard. Not to mention it would probably be pretty easy to tow. Now if I could find one cheap hehehehe.

-Dave

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/22/09 08:54 PM

Quote:

i went from a 28' tag to a 40' atc gooseneck should have done this a long time ago tows like a dream now i wish i bought bigger lol

I did that exactly years ago. My 40' goose trailer was easier to tow than my old 28' tag. Then got a 49' and it was too big for my 3500 dually. Just warning you.
Posted By: MoparsnMissiles

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/23/09 12:35 AM

Quote:

Everyone's needs and budget are different, but once you figure out what you want, call these guys:

Detro Trailers

You will NOT beat their price, and most likely you will be able to pick the trailer up at the factory (almost all brands are made in Elkhart, IN) and save a few hundred more. I bought a trailer last year by phone/mail, and never visited the dealership.

Lots of good advice here from everyone, I appreciate it. Right now, all I need is a decent car hauler, not a race trailer. Will only be using it 3 or 4 times a year. And yes, money is tight right now, so it won't be a high end trailer. Just wondered about brand names and so far it looks like Pace is preferred over Haulmark. Thanks all.
Posted By: PUNK

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 08/23/09 06:36 AM

16 Inch wheels are a MUST! Dont buy one with 15s. Just my opinion. If you have a gas powered truck, you better step up to an aluminum trailer. My Diesel truck doesnt care if the trailer is steel or aluminum. I own a 24' Featherlite with the Aeronose on it. I love it. At the time I had a 95 F-350 with a 460" Gas Big Block. GUTLESS!!! So I had to buy aluminum because it needed all the help it could get. My only real advice would be 16 inch wheels however.

Re: Enclosed Car Hauler - Your Opinions Please - 09/15/09 08:49 PM

I actually wish mine were shorter in height in addition to being shorter in length. I just go to the local track with my Dart, but I do take my '65 Coronet to Michigan on occassion and the Chevy 5.3 engine has trouble on steep hills. Can't justify a vehicle to tow only. My pension won't allow it. I love the idea of a trailer made like a clamshell snowmobile trailer where the top closes after loading.
© 2024 Moparts Forums