Moparts

TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body

Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body - 08/18/09 03:03 AM

Does anyone have a recomended procedure to install TTI one piece headers into a 340 A-body (duster) the only option is power steering, stock engine bay.

Any help appreciated!
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body - 08/18/09 04:02 AM

i have installed two set of tti header on A bodies...read and follow instructions.

they were the easiest headers i ever installed.
Posted By: SCATPK

Re: TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body - 08/18/09 04:35 AM

Remove the torsion bars will make it a whole lot easier to get them in and not scratch them.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body - 08/18/09 04:58 AM

They are used, nice shape, no dents.....but no instructions. It does appear removing the torsion bars (at least the drivers side) will be an absalute must. Anyone have a copy of the directions they could e-mail me?

Posted By: Mcode69

Re: TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body - 08/18/09 06:29 AM

They used to have installation instructions on the TTI website, dunno if it's still there though.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body - 08/18/09 07:24 AM

No need to remove ANYTHING,just unbolt the motor mounts raise it to get clearance,unbolt the centerlink,headers slide right in,never heard of removing the torsion bar/bars... have installed tti's on 2 different cars,in less then an hour,each car,the best way is to install from the top,but you need the motor out of coarse..
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body - 08/18/09 07:59 AM

Quote:

No need to remove ANYTHING,just unbolt the motor mounts raise it to get clearance,unbolt the centerlink,headers slide right in,never heard of removing the torsion bar/bars... have installed tti's on 2 different cars,in less then an hour,each car,the best way is to install from the top,but you need the motor out of coarse..

Agreed. Remove draglink. Unhook motor mounts, jack to drivers side, install passenger, jack to passenger, install drivers side. Re-assemble.

Cake walk.
Posted By: kmfdm

Re: TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body - 08/18/09 09:06 AM

I installed some big tti W-2 headers on my Dart and all I did was tilt the motor on the side I was trying to install. I don't have power steering though.
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body - 08/18/09 10:01 AM

Besides the usual removal of the suspension items, I also removed the steering column (manual) which made the install a snap. I swaped out the 90 degree oil filter for the flush mount type. I did not remove the torsion bar nor did I tilt the engine. Tape up the torsion bar and other close contact areas. I did have to cut down the outside water jacket studs on the heads in order to bolt them up.
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body - 08/18/09 03:21 PM

Usually when I need to see instructions, I go to the manufacturers website. Surprising what you can find around those places.

I never pulled a T-bar when installing mine.
Posted By: ademon

Re: TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body - 08/18/09 03:29 PM

Scott i had problems with my tti's hitting the P/S box. Directions state the correct distance from the center of crankshaft to top of the K frame is 5-1/4" and the engine should be offset to the pass side by 2-1/2" center of crankshaft to each frame rail. If not correct add shims between the insulator& K-frame mounting pad, Thats what i had to do on my Demon.

Attached picture 5424930-DSC00206.JPG
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: TTI Header Install into a 340 A-body - 08/18/09 04:13 PM

These were also the easiest full body headers I ever installed. I actually got them in without removing anything but the starter. But the car was on a high open trailer with the deck open in the middle.

TTI A-body installation instructions.
© 2024 Moparts Forums