Moparts

Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR....

Posted By: AFDRAGRACER

Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 02:28 AM

Hight does extra test session, but Graham Light ok's it. Posted is the story & the orignal NHRA rule statement...you decide.

http://www.competitionplus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11382&Itemid=6

http://www.nhra.com/story/2009/1/21/34735/
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 02:39 AM

This is my surprised look ->
Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 02:58 AM

Rules are alway changed for the people that grip the most. The sqeaky wheel gets the oil.... Its no different than the Bow tie group complaning that they couldn't run with the HEMI.. What did NHRA do.. They added weight to start..
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 03:15 AM

Wonder how bad JF wants to can prock and try and get dickie V back.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 04:07 AM

ford...the nhra offical car....
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 07:28 AM

Don't you people realize its not nhra anymore..its the John Force and Family Show.. ..only class i ever watch is prostock..
Posted By: mopartony

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 12:24 PM

Quote:

Don't you people realize its not nhra anymore..its the John Force and Family Show.. ..only class i ever watch is prostock..

Don't agree with you often but here it is 100%. Only thing worth watching is the Pro-Stock class and the Bike class(chicks on bikes are hot)
Posted By: mloboda

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 12:28 PM

NHRA has no choice, they have painted themselves into a corner by placing all their bets on JFR.
Wally Parks should have been shot for turning NHRA over to those bean counters. Actually, he should have been shot long ago for cutting out Modified Eliminator and giving us sewer gas, I mean super gas and jr. dragsters.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 01:50 PM

The JFR show is all NHRA has anymore, they are falling fast! JF hasn`t won a race in a long time and he`s the reason some/most people watch they have to do something to let him win. The Top fuel fields only make full fields because they bring in local/ underfunded cars to fill the 16. Attendance is down, people can`t afford it, the sportsman racers have to pay over $300 to enter a National meet to win $1,000, the Pros pay nothing. The big NHRA brass make well over $500,000 a year, they try to be like Nascar (which stinks anymore) with the countdown crap. These are just a few or their problems but they just don`t get it! The only thing worth watching sometimes is Pro Stock( even thats getting boring)and Stock and Super Stock but they get no air time.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 03:09 PM

Makes perfect sense to me. I think the stipulation, that comp plus bolded, was if a team was out of test dates on a car and tried to bring another driver in to get around this rule. If John's car has test time left, I see no reason for Capps, or anyone else to complain. Nothing would be said, if they brought in someone like Pulde, or Hawley to test the car and they also run FC at times, but since Hight is a JFR team driver, the complaining starts. And before anyone starts, I am not a huge JFR fan, but I see no problem with this.

Monte
Posted By: Troy

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 03:34 PM

Quote:

....me three.

JFR has been able to do whatever they want to do for years. From one off engine blocks, heads, chassis and electronics. Easy to win when you have no rules to go by.
Posted By: 74DusterP457

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 06:33 PM

Easy to win?
You can't back that statement with that team's record the past 3 years!
With all the money JFR has in their program, you'd think they'd win at least 25% of the races and they aren't.
Isn't this the same lesson that Schumacher actually learned a few years back? (and he learned it - JFR has not)
Bigger isn't always better. 2 car teams - OK, 4 car teams - forget it!
Like many here, I'm sick of Paul Page and the John Force Race show on Sundays (that gets pre-empted by Little League Baseball, Gymnastics and Poker)
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 07:49 PM

Forces biggest problems is he painted chryler hemi blocks with ford blue and put ford decals on the valve covers....

i think the old chryslers dont like that...LOL
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 08:05 PM

Quote:

NHRA has no choice, they have painted themselves into a corner by placing all their bets on JFR.
Wally Parks should have been shot for turning NHRA over to those bean counters. Actually, he should have been shot long ago for cutting out Modified Eliminator and giving us sewer gas, I mean super gas and jr. dragsters.

NHRA ceased to exist when they hired Dallas Gardner and dropped modified eliminator.

Joey
Posted By: 65signet

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 08:28 PM

More sportman racing that is what we need.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 08:51 PM

Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 09:07 PM

You guys just don't get it. If you put sportsman classes on TV; ESPN2 is never gonna be able to have the Kotex commercials they want!!!
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 09:21 PM

Quote:

Super gas was cool before all the throttle stops and timers ruined it for the spectators..

I don't care how exciting it makes it for those who drive those cars, they suck to watch even for those who understand the devices and class, end of discussion...

Bring back Modified, lose the pro-mod junk, and outlaw any timer-controlled throttle stops or devices which ruin it for the paying spectator....oh, and EVERY Sportsman class is contended at every national event.

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 09:40 PM

But Fletcher doesn't have fancy enough living quarters in his trailer for the Force girls to Feng Shui
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 10:15 PM

Still the next race should not count, if they follow the rule book, why does JFR get special treatment.
Just let me at em, id give that Ashley a spanking she needs
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 10:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Super gas was cool before all the throttle stops and timers ruined it for the spectators..

I don't care how exciting it makes it for those who drive those cars, they suck to watch even for those who understand the devices and class, end of discussion...

Bring back Modified, lose the pro-mod junk, and outlaw any timer-controlled throttle stops or devices which ruin it for the paying spectator....oh, and EVERY Sportsman class is contended at every national event.

99% of the spectators at national events go to watch the pro's....they don't go to watch sportsman classes and that's the way NHRA wants it....if their butts are planted in the seats all day, they aren't spending $$$$$$$$$...

Rickster
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 10:46 PM

For a Loooooong time, they have said
"Our sand box, our rules. Don't like it, go somewhere else!"

I did a few years ago. If more of us did, either someone else would step in, or they would listen to the customers, not the [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] in the marketing and management sections of the tower...
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 10:47 PM

Quote:

The philosophy behind the decision being that car #7 still had two test sessions available and it didn't matter who was driving the car. The car was being tested, not the driver.

HUH? I can't believe Graham Light thinks we believe that.
So what he is saying is that someone could test their car 4 times with driver X, then test driver X 4 times in that same car for a total of 8 sessions. Rediculous. Sounds like they are covering themselves.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/18/09 11:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The philosophy behind the decision being that car #7 still had two test sessions available and it didn't matter who was driving the car. The car was being tested, not the driver.

HUH? I can't believe Graham Light thinks we believe that.
So what he is saying is that someone could test their car 4 times with driver X, then test driver X 4 times in that same car for a total of 8 sessions. Rediculous. Sounds like they are covering themselves.

Where do you get that? He said the #7 car had two test sessions left, right. Why does it matter who drives it in those tests.

Monte
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/19/09 12:33 AM

Jimmy Prock was kicking a** a few years ago with that car.

I think alot of troubles with the Force camp started after Medlins death, and they compleley redesigned the chassis in the interest of saftey.

When you make the kind of changes they did with the chassis the setups you used to use can be thrown in the garbage can.

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/19/09 04:05 AM

Well said. All their data out the window.
However, Force is making lemonade out of his lemons. They are not performing and getting way more sponsor attention than the teams that are up in the points. That sucks but it is definitely happening.
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/19/09 11:56 AM

Quote:

Where do you get that? He said the #7 car had two test sessions left, right. Why does it matter who drives it in those tests.

Monte

The press release said four tests for car and driver, the driver (Hight) has 5 already, how can the car get two more with the same driver in it to equal 7 tests?
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/19/09 09:24 PM

Quote:

Jimmy Prock was kicking a** a few years ago with that car.

Prock seems to have the knack for being really fast for a while, then sucking wind. Did the same thing with Amato and Schumacher.

I'm not so sure that it's a matter of Force being lost, I think there are just too many other teams that have caught up for him to be dominant like he used to be.
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/19/09 09:35 PM

I read the rule exactly how all of you do, and I dont agree with the change, or amendement, or interpitation of the rule.

But I dont blame JFR, let them take advantage of it, seems like now everyone else will be able to do the same thing.

this is only a "what if", lets say Hight tests, (which he did), goes to the next race, wins, gets the points, gets in the top 10, gets in the count down... and wins the championship... does anyone else see litigation on the horizon over the interpitation of this rule and whats going on?

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/19/09 09:46 PM

There is not a team in professional racing that does not do some creative interpretation of the rules. Thats what Stock and SuperStock are all about
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/19/09 09:54 PM

Quote:

There is not a team in professional racing that does not do some creative interpretation of the rules. Thats what Stock and SuperStock are all about

yeah but it was spelled out pretty plainly, at least I thought so... 4 test sessions TOTAL for the car/team, and 4 test sessions TOTAL for the driver regardless what car they were in.

now it seems like its unlimited for the driver as long as the car they are driving hasnt had more then 4 TOTAL test sessions.

now Doug Kalitta can jump in Grubnics car and make 4 more test sessions with it... and the reason Connie brought the car back into competition was to gain test sessions/data because Doug had used all his up.

as long as other teams/drivers can manipulate this the same way, I see no problem with it. Dont agree with how it came about, but if anyone can take advantage then let them.
Posted By: AFDRAGRACER

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/22/09 03:54 AM

I don't blame JFR either. In fact I think they did the right thing by clarifying before running the car. I think it's unfair to the other teams on how NHRA handled it. If NHRA did in fact have a "change of interpretation" then why not send that message out to all teams?
Posted By: therocks

Re: Looks like NHRA has special rules for JFR.... - 08/22/09 12:14 PM

I think they are like the IRS.They dont know most of the rules and they have some gray areas.I cant see why they passed that rule anyway.Most will say smaller teams dont have $$$$ to do a lot of testing.Well money is the name of the game anymore.Its more and more like NASCAR.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums